Jimmy Johnson's home in the Keys got ravaged | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jimmy Johnson's home in the Keys got ravaged

When it comes to stuff like that it is often the memories and memorabilia from the past which gets destroyed. Pictures of you growing up, your own kids, pet memories, your parents, letters, cards, treasured items handed down for generations - whatever it is and regardless if one has money or not, losing an entire life like that is hearbreaking. There are no social lines and boundries when it comes to losing part of your life and in that we all are the same.

Was talking to my boss last night. He just talked to a friend who also owns a modest house (nothing like JJ's) on the keys. Only thing left was the concrete slab and trees with no leaves. Nothing of house left anywhere.

My heart goes out to all those victims of Irma. The Wrath of Nature can be as cruel as they come. Time will heal and replace all that was destroyed. But unfortunately for most people, nature comes with the cost of uprooting and moving on to a different place to start over. No job, no money equals, no life. Gotta find that someplace else, to begin again. Hopefully our government will help those who can't rebuild find a fresh start.

It came darn close to being much worse, if that hurricane had not shifted eastward as it hit the west coast of Fla. the storm surge would have really hurt. Been through and around hurricanes down here since 1960 in south fl and this was definitely the worst with the potential to have been much much worse.

1. It's pretty jacked up. We just got the cell towers up about 20 min ago. Still no water or power over most of the Islands. We got a fuel truck in, and they dropped 2000 gallons of diesel, so we got the generator on at the Rac office. But, still no flush toilets or showers. People want to come back, but there is no infrastructure to return to. No gas, no groceries, no fast food, nothing....
      1. We just drove past a road crew putting down new road deck that washed away... public wants to come back home, I get that, but jamming 50k people onto a 1 lane, 80 mile long road with no working traffic lights is going to be a nightmare. Oh, as some sections of the road are half washed out and narrow to a single lane used for both directions.

The Keys are a very very tight community- when my sister
and law finally got to her house - 10 people showed up and started helping immediately.

You dont see that up here in Broward county unfortunately.
In my neighborhood, we were the ones going around and helping others. So it happens here also. Mainly the older people who can't be out pulling trees around.

That sucks. I feel for JJ and everyone down in the Keys who are dealing with this type of devastation.

Back
Top Bottom