Jimmy Williams "Character Issues" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jimmy Williams "Character Issues"

gunnakillbrady

boy i think they like me
Reaction score
He doesnt have Character issues people, he's ****y and thinks no one's better and no WR can beat him, he's a Chad Johnson on defense, I'd love to have him with the 16th pick

gunnakillbrady said:
He doesnt have Character issues people, he's ****y and thinks no one's better and no WR can beat him, he's a Chad Johnson on defense, I'd love to have him with the 16th pick
How did he look when you met him? Did he look as big in person as he does on film?

Based on the interviews he had at the combine, others will disagree with you.

gunnakillbrady said:

so far the word is that hes ****y plus a jerk. also his psyche exams came back as him being emotionally unstable. all the reason why the guy is continuing to slip.

I don't believe in those tests at all if they were true how'd ryan leaf go number 2??? no one coulda predicted his mental instability

There'll be busts and steals forever if WIlliams (formerly top 10 projected selection) slips to 16 with his ****iness he's gunna jump on the nfl scene and want to show everyone that passed him up what he can do much like randy moss' rookie year

gunnakillbrady said:
I don't believe in those tests at all if they were true how'd ryan leaf go number 2??? no one coulda predicted his mental instability

Some teams just won't take the risk because of those tests. Williams could be another Leaf or he could only be acting this way so he won't go to a losing team.

There's so much wrong about this thread that I don't know where to start.

Williams had a mediocre senior season, he gave up too many big plays - flip on the Georgia Tech tape and see how Calvin Johnson beasted him. He has had off field issues during his time in Blacksburg, although people say he has matured. That however wasn't in evidence when he got lobbed in the last game of his career. He showed up at the Combine, refused to work out and was horrific in interviews, coming across as arrogant and in turns vague about his performances, to the point where he was described as emotionally unstable.

He then put in a relatively mediocre workout at his Pro Day and has done nothing to enamour himself to coaches and GM's. He is a CB/safety tweener, who allows too many plays on him and is aggressive in all the wrong places.

Geforce said:
Some teams just won't take the risk because of those tests. Williams could be another Leaf or he could only be acting this way so he won't go to a losing team.
No one does that... especially because of the amount of money he would be giving up.

J-Wil will be a stud though... no doubt. He doesnt have any serious "off the field" problems... he is just a ****y SOB... thats fine with me, because Saban will put him in his place...

Boomer said:

Williams had a mediocre senior season, he gave up too many big plays - flip on the Georgia Tech tape and see how Calvin Johnson beasted him. He has had off field issues during his time in Blacksburg, although people say he has matured. That however wasn't in evidence when he got lobbed in the last game of his career. He showed up at the Combine, refused to work out and was horrific in interviews, coming across as arrogant and in turns vague about his performances, to the point where he was described as emotionally unstable.

He then put in a relatively mediocre workout at his Pro Day and has done nothing to enamour himself to coaches and GM's. He is a CB/safety tweener, who allows too many plays on him and is aggressive in all the wrong places.

Boom... Calvin Johnson beasted everyone... the man is disgusting...

Boomer said:

and he didnt get burned as often as you make it sound, and if he had a mediocre season he wouldnt be hyped as a top 10 pick for over a year, and the ONLY reason his stats were mediocre is because everyone was afraid to throw it near him i can only imagine what'll happen if opposing teams put a bulls eye on him and not only throw it his way but WANT to throw it his way, he'll be pickn em off all season

he was hyped as a top 10 pick before the season. his stock has steadily dropped since then, since he didn't have the season people expected.

UF Fin Kat said:
he was hyped as a top 10 pick before the season. his stock has steadily dropped since then, since he didn't have the season people expected.

Because teams rarely threw the ball his way

gunnakillbrady said:
and he didnt get burned as often as you make it sound, and if he had a mediocre season he wouldnt be hyped as a top 10 pick for over a year, and the ONLY reason his stats were mediocre is because everyone was afraid to throw it near him i can only imagine what'll happen if opposing teams put a bulls eye on him and not only throw it his way but WANT to throw it his way, he'll be pickn em off all season

He has been tumbling for a long time. No-one cares about stats. People who do this as a serious business understand what happens when teams don't challenge a player. That has nothing to do with it. Don't take my word for it. This is ESPN:

"The combine is like a job interview," Spielman said. "It's like wearing flip-flops and a T-shirt instead of a jacket and tie. It raises all kinds of questions."

Virginia Tech cornerback Jimmy Williams has been the subject of those kind of questions. He is the second-rated defensive back in the draft, behind Texas safety Michael Huff. Williams has size (6-3, 213 pounds) and speed (4.48), and as a junior he was terrific, making five interceptions. In 2005?

"One interception," said Todd McShay, Scouts Inc.'s director of college football and the NFL draft. "He was lazy and took a lot of unnecessary risks. He comes off as very arrogant."

McShay said Williams has top-10 talent -- Arizona still could take him with the No. 10 pick -- but he could fall into slots 20-25."

gunnakillbrady said:
Because teams rarely threw the ball his way

Nonsense. The amount of times a ball is thrown his way means absolutely nothing to ANYONE with any sense evaluating the draft. Nothing.

Back
Top Bottom