Joe Philbin details Ryan Tannehill's starting path | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Philbin details Ryan Tannehill's starting path

A 6th or 7th is not worth it to us at this moment. He is a quality backup at worst. You cannot get that consistency in the 6th round. Other teams interested will be interested because of need and need alone. Not because they are looking for a project, somebody to compete, or just taking a cheap risk on a flyer. The guy won 6 games last year in 9 tries. Whatever you want to say, and I will not argue too much about whether or not he is worth a ****. The guy won, moved and managed a offense. There were starters and backups in this league who were not on par with him last year by a long shot.
6 wins in his LAST 9 tries. 6 wins in 12 tries overall 2011.

Is it just me? Or is anyone else really starting to like Joe Philbin more and more? I really like his demeanor, intelligence and philosophy. There's something about him that has me believing that he'll get this thing turned around.

His value will go up as teams lose qb's to injury. The less he plays the better, teams fall in love with the hope that he'd be the answer. (Aj Feely, Kevin Kolb, Matt Flynn, etc) Someone will overpay, especially when there's more than 1 team bidding. Right now, he's worth more than a 4th to us as an insurance policy.

I think this is true. Right now Matt's value is the highest it has been coming off a good finish last year. With QB injuries his value could go up and someone might over pay for his services. One QB starter goes down in the preseason and Matt (or Garrard) will be in demand.

6 wins in his LAST 9 tries. 6 wins in 12 tries overall 2011.

Knew I should have just said 6 wins. Really don't want to start this thing over again. Bottom line he won games. If you think that teams are not saying to themselves while looking at their backup QB that a guy like Moore might be available maybe we should do our due diligence I would say your wrong. Some teams that were awful last year at backup have made moves to never let that happen again. This year there will be teams that learn that painful message too. Hopefully its the Pats! LOL

I just have a question. I'm not trying to start anything, but why are people holding hope for Devlin when we drafted someone in the first round to be our hope?

edit: let me expand, people are just hoping for a serviceable backup right?

I just have a question. I'm not trying to start anything, but why are people holding hope for Devlin when we drafted someone in the first round to be our hope?

edit: let me expand, people are just hoping for a serviceable backup right?

Who knows if Tannehill will be the guy. What if he's like another Henne? He has skills but wasn't a winner at Texas A&M. Devlin had a far superior college carreer than Tannehill, Moore, and Garrard in every category, and took his team to the championship game. Proven winner and great quarterback at the collegiate level, now at least give him a chance at this level. With both Tannehill and Devlin our odds of having a great quarterback are good. With Moore and Garrard, we have no HOPE for this year or the future. In my opinion, we're wasting too much time with Garrard and Moore as it is.

I dont get the in fascination with Delvin either I understand how accurate he was in college. but he went undrafted for a reason, Tannehill has a ton of talent so I am fine putting everything in him

The Pittsburgh stealers may need another QB if Rapesberger cannot make it through the whole season. It has been reported already that he has a partially torn throwing shoulder. He is a tough guy, but having a tear now...the guy might not last the season. Maybe dangle a package of the Steelers Wallace for Moore and a Fins mid-lower draft pick?

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

I dont get the in fascination with Delvin either I understand how accurate he was in college. but he went undrafted for a reason, Tannehill has a ton of talent so I am fine putting everything in him

Devlin has grown, gained experience and gotten stronger. He may be a sleeper. The staff will do the right thing..

Back
Top Bottom