John Clayton isnt dumb after all..Edge IS coming to Miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Clayton isnt dumb after all..Edge IS coming to Miami

Muck said:
Now there's a novel idea. But it's not keeping with the thread's rational.

What we need to do is sign Drew Brees, then trade for Marc Bulger.

Then we need to draft Cutler and Young and let Brees groom one, while Bulger grooms the other.

Muck said:
At what point do we let Ronnie start earning his $19 million bonus??

We've got a bonafied franchise back. Having two is a LUXURY, not a necessity.

Here's an idea: How about we spend that big James money on.....wait for it.....a position of need.

Exactly!

FemaleFinFan said:
I'm not understanding all the anger. Am I the only one who isn't suprised by all this? The best way to predict a person's future behavior is to look at their past behavoir. Ricky is just slipping into his old patterns.
u stole the words right :dolphins: out of my mouth.

Ace88 said:
Perhaps for Drew Brees. :evil:

For the record take Brees if given the shot over Cutler. Not a believer in Cutler at all. Overrated passer with bad decision making and no touch. Some things can be taught at the next level but with him it will be a tall order. IMHO Cutler = another Kyle Boller; strong arm lacking intangibles, mechanics, and accuracy. Brees is proven winner who needs to stay healthy (cross your fingers on that one if he becomes a dolphin!)

CChambers7284 said:
well he does have a point.

After last season when ronnie for the last 6 games he played in wasnt even a factor basically and did nothing, the vet moved trhe ball well.

I dont think the Edge is the player we need cause he needs to be the #1 undisputed feature back on his team. 1500+ yards many seasons isnt someone to share carries.

A guy like Kevan Barlow if avaliable could help us out.

I know a guy that could help us out.....Sammy Morris. He is cheap, on our roster and will know his role. Ronnie and Ricky was nice to have but it is over and I am not all that concerned. It would have been nice to have them both again or to get something for him but now it is over we can move on. Sammy proved he could carry the ball when he needed to and we still have KJ Harris who might be ok if given the chance. Having two backs is nice but now Ronnie will get the chance to be THE man. I'm sure he is not in tears over this and neither am I.

Wallace758 said:
sorry i just needed to write a thread to make everyone laugh...John Clayton said a month ago we have a good chance of getting edge...maybe this paves the way...anyone else feel like hurting someone or doing some kind of bodily harm right now..cuz i'm heated:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

How or why do you see us getting Edge now? Does that make any sense on any level???

Wallace758 said:
i only wrote this post because of john clayton statement last month...He said we were gonna get Edge..maybe he comes here...

:confused:

so what are you taking this morning?

nice: lets throw money at the RB position when we already have a boatload invested in ronnie brown!!

KTOWNFINFAN said:
I know a guy that could help us out.....Sammy Morris. He is cheap, on our roster and will know his role. Ronnie and Ricky was nice to have but it is over and I am not all that concerned. It would have been nice to have them both again or to get something for him but now it is over we can move on. Sammy proved he could carry the ball when he needed to and we still have KJ Harris who might be ok if given the chance. Having two backs is nice but now Ronnie will get the chance to be THE man. I'm sure he is not in tears over this and neither am I.

I agree.

I read in Dolphin Digest that Sammy might look to move on due to wanting more playing time. If Ricky is suspended Sammy may be more inclined to remain in Miami as the #1 back-up as opposed to moving on and being the same elsewhere. I do not see any team signing him as their feature back.

MikeO said:
For an incentive loaded contract it wouldn't be stupid.

Ronnie shared carries at Auburn. Shared them last year in Miami. I am not confident in Ronnie as a featured back getting the bulk of carries. That isn't a knock on Ronnie, but having someone like Edge for a year or two wouldn't hurt until we build Ronnie up to a full-time NFL RB!

I guess Saban has confidence in him he choose Ronnie as the 2nd pick:confused: Saban is not about indivisual records he is more concerned with team records you play both at end of season and you make the playoffs both are fresh Ronnie has just got to stay healthy. I think Saban has confidence in Ronnie because this morning on tv I dont remember what show but they said that Fins were looking to get rid of Ricky for a late 1st round pick or early second. But now if Ricky dont get suspended he will stay a fin because now teams aint going to give but a 5th or 6th round pick for him because he aint trusted.

It sounds nice for Edge to come home but I dont see it happening Edge being paid all that money to sharing downs with Ronnie dont make since not unless Ronnie is traded(and that aint going to happen)

death7star said:
so what are you taking this morning?

nice: lets throw money at the RB position when we already have a boatload invested in ronnie brown!!

Exactly. I dont give a rats *** about what Clayton says. I know my team. And another EXPENSIIIVE RB is NOT something we need or want! Clayton makes no sense with this. Maybe :shakeno: he thinks it's 2005 right now or something.

Back
Top Bottom