John Clayton says we have $35.8 million available | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John Clayton says we have $35.8 million available

Yep, once Long's contract is voided it will be around $45 million in space.

It was $46 million before we signed Dimitri Patterson, who will count $4.5 million against the cap next year.

Great, Ireland "has money and picks"....superbowl run for sure.....lol

Ozzy rules!!

I'm excited for more wasted $$$ on free agents and more useless draft acorns!

Past history gives me no hope with Ireland.

Dimitri Patterson has absolutely zero leverage with his contract. If he wants a chance to compete for a starting NB spot and he likewise knows that we have an injured Richard Marshall coming back and possibly a rookie to battle with that he already knows, he's getting restructured to an incentive laden contract in order to have that chance to compete. It's only a matter of days til we hear Dolphins restructure Patterson's contract or be released. I bet he restructures and stays to compete. I mean, he's already been cut so...

i wonder if john clayton finished that segment off with chinese food and jamming out to ac dc

Picking on Clayton is silly. For anyone not knowing, he works for this little company called ESPN. They have a ton of guys and gals who check, double check, and likely triple check everything he reports. Anyone really think he sits up nights sorting out team's caps? LOL

Patterson was included in next season's contracts, as he is under contract by not clearing waivers before we signed him. Long will be when his contract is voided.

Because of Marshall's guarantee, we will about break even in cutting him this year. If we cut Patterson, we get a full $4.6M credit.

Bttom line is not having a problem with money to spend. It will be finding someone's wort spending it on. I include our own FA's. It is possibe that we carry over the money until next year, depending on who becomes available.

Void longs contract cut carpenter ,fasano,and patterson and that adds additional 9 mil

Picking on Clayton is silly. For anyone not knowing, he works for this little company called ESPN. They have a ton of guys and gals who check, double check, and likely triple check everything he reports. Anyone really think he sits up nights sorting out team's caps? LOL

Patterson was included in next season's contracts, as he is under contract by not clearing waivers before we signed him. Long will be when his contract is voided.

Because of Marshall's guarantee, we will about break even in cutting him this year. If we cut Patterson, we get a full $4.6M credit.

Bttom line is not having a problem with money to spend. It will be finding someone's wort spending it on. I include our own FA's. It is possibe that we carry over the money until next year, depending on who becomes available.

We can only carry over so much though

We can only carry over so much though

From last year, teams have the option to carry over whatever they have. For example, Philly has $23M and Jax $19.5M.

Starting this year, due to the new CBA, whatever money teams do not spend is still part of the salary cap and will carry over with no option. The reason for this is that the 89% rule kicks in. This means that all teams MUST spend 89% of the cap over a 3 or 4 year (don't recall) period.

Back
Top Bottom