John "great Gazoo" Clayton says | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

John "great Gazoo" Clayton says

nyfinzfan

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
We'll probably sign Mack and see what weve got in camp. Then possibly trade for Onterrio Smith. Well I like Onterrio but I also like Najeh and Rudi. Cant wait till this shakes out.

no link he was on espn news yesterday evening just repeating what I heard.

:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:
:yell: :yell: :yell: :yell:

dont shoot the messenger im just reporting what he said. Im sure someone else must have seen it. Hard to link a five minute espn news telecast.

Mack was not offered a contract. I think Speilman is keeping his options open. I think Mack will eventually get the job because he is the best available back in free agency. I wouldn't mind James Stewart because of the veteran presence he would bring but, he has injury problems. We would have to overpay greatly in a trade for a proven back.

i like foster too perhaps carolina is holding onto him. Id find it hard to believe spielman would not have interest in the guy.

Mack was not offered a contract YET. Im sure theyll explore all options. I personally would rather see a trade for davenport,onterrio,deshaun, or RUDI!!!!!!!

I would not like to see a trade. I feel that none of the guys being talked about are necessarily better than Travis Minor except Rudi Johnson, and the price tags for all these trades are really high. Some of these guys might be better than Travis its just that right now with what we know about them and about Travis, there's no guarantee. I'm not about to send a 2nd round equivalent for the Packers for Najeh "Dookie" Davenport when its like a tossup whether he's another Ricky Williams or another Stacey Mack. I would rather take that chance with Travis Minor and hope he's another Clinton Portis rather than another John Avery.

id disagree there. I think Minor is not gonna be a 20 carry guy whereas Najeh would be a pounder. Mack? I dunno how health he is but hes a last resort Id think. id gladly give a pick for Najeh "poop in your hamper" Davenport

I want the dolphins to win now just as badly as everyone else does. BUT PLEASE DON'T GO OUT AND TRADE FOR ONE OF THESE YOUNG UNPROVEN RB'S. Onterrio Smith and Larry Johnson are the only two I would smile about if there is a trade done. And I definatly don't want to see Mack or Stewart. I think honestly that we could get through the season with who we have and then go and sign Edgerrin James next season. He would come for less than his market value because he wants to come home. He knows the heat and everything about SOBE. He understands the media prssure here and everything.

All you people out there who think he is bumbed out with that knee are seriously mistaken. I live for the dolphins, but my brother lives for the colts and he owns the big screen TV and the sunday ticket we have, so I watch a lot more colts games than most people. James is just as sick as he ever was. Every doctor that has checked him has said that they have never seen this injury heel as good the way his has heeled. He has gotten better every year.
I seem to remember a report done on him by the panel on CBS two years ago and they said that James is the only player in the league without a weekness in his game. He was my number two fav back before Ricky died, now he is my favorite unless Minor busts out for 1500 yards this year. Edge is the guy we need to get, and signing one of these bums now would be a huge mistake, when we really don't need another slow back on the team.

Question: Can Johnson or O.Smith be our franchise back?
What would you pay for a franchise back?
Why would you want older legs when you can pick up where you left off with no problem?
The point is we got screwed when Ricky quit period.So do you take the chance and lose the season if you have a guy who you know isn't geared for our system?
I fault Dave for not having a guy who can already run his system behind Ricky if he got hurt but since we don't though I like Minor,if they're not going to change the system for him then you can't throw the season away just b/c someone else will cost us.What if O-gun keeps holding out? Would you want to keep him so he can collect his measely pay check and we'll lose him next year anyway or use him to get our franchise back?
This circumstance really sucks but I don't want to be #1 in next years draft.Spiel won't give our #1 away and on the other hand he'll probably get our #2 back some way so just know he's gonna do a good job according to what he's done so far.
In the beginning we were in Cap jail, now were over 10 million under for next year.He's created a future for us to spend $$$$ on big time players for our future.

BELIEVE!

Halifax said:
I want the dolphins to win now just as badly as everyone else does. BUT PLEASE DON'T GO OUT AND TRADE FOR ONE OF THESE YOUNG UNPROVEN RB'S. Onterrio Smith and Larry Johnson are the only two I would smile about if there is a trade done. And I definatly don't want to see Mack or Stewart. I think honestly that we could get through the season with who we have and then go and sign Edgerrin James next season. He would come for less than his market value because he wants to come home. He knows the heat and everything about SOBE. He understands the media prssure here and everything.

All you people out there who think he is bumbed out with that knee are seriously mistaken. I live for the dolphins, but my brother lives for the colts and he owns the big screen TV and the sunday ticket we have, so I watch a lot more colts games than most people. James is just as sick as he ever was. Every doctor that has checked him has said that they have never seen this injury heel as good the way his has heeled. He has gotten better every year.
I seem to remember a report done on him by the panel on CBS two years ago and they said that James is the only player in the league without a weekness in his game. He was my number two fav back before Ricky died, now he is my favorite unless Minor busts out for 1500 yards this year. Edge is the guy we need to get, and signing one of these bums now would be a huge mistake, when we really don't need another slow back on the team.
You didint make much sense with this post, u dont want young and unproven, yet ud be happy with Onterio Smith and Larry Johnson:confused: ? I can see your reasoning for Onterio(altho i dont agree), but Larry over Davenport baffles me. You say u dont want a young unproven guy, when Larry Johnson is the most unproven out of all the possible RB's for Miami. i think its pretty clear Davenport showed alot more promise(wether he turns out betetr or not isnt wut im debating). Why dont u want Mack or Stewart?Theyll cost almost nothing, and we could use a big strong proven veteren in our lineup.

I agree with u about Edge tho. people seem to think he so much worse, but he looked great last year. Also, this is the first year hell b 100% recovered from injury, despite what ne1 said. How he does this year will say alot.

Onterrio likes the green stuff just as much as RW. It is not a coincidence a first round talent was drafted in the 4th round. MAJOR headcase.

Back
Top Bottom