Jonas Gray is Cut per Beasley | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jonas Gray is Cut per Beasley

Adam Beasley@AdamHBeasley11m
It begins: RB Jonas Gray has been cut by the Dolphins. Had a long road back from a knee injury in college

I agree with this move, I was very underwhelmed by him this preseason

Me too. I chuckled at the "he's got a better burst than Thomas" posts etc. The UDFA guys always seem to get viewed differently than the higher draft picks.

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

dreadful outside the one yard line

Well said.

Gillislee seemed to be playing slow. Probably because he is a rookie adjusting. Against NO I thought his play speed was better and he was more decisive. Jonas Gray had the fumble last week and didn't show much against NO. This is the right move.

It's too bad. He looked great in his first two preseason games (he was easily the second back after those two) but the last three he's looked horrible.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I had high hopes for Gray after he ran hard in the Dallas and Jax games but that was his high water mark and Gillislee ran strong the last game when given the carries.

PS maybe for Gray but to be honest power backs that average 3 yards a carry are a dime a dozen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jonas Gray had a terrible preseason. His YPC in the last 4 preseason games was 1.1, 1.5, 2.3, and 3.5 (and that was against scrubs in the 2nd halves of these games)

He isn't an NFL player

Gillislee really brings nothing to the table as a runner, but he's a good pass blocker.

He brought absolutely nothing to the team. Glad he wasn't injured this year, so we could see that and move on finally.

Is this the all cuts thread?
Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 18m

Offensive lineman Sam Brenner has been released. Wouldn't be surprised if he resurfaces on the practice squad. Ran with the 1s for a while.

Dolphins have cut RB Jonas Gray, G Sam Brenner & G Chris Barker as of 12:22 EST.

3 down 19 to go.......

Guess they're going with Thomas as our goal line back. Not sure how that's gonna work

Not good. DT has some of the worst vision if short yardage that I have ever seen. Guess it will be Miller in short yardage.

I agree Jonas didnt show much this preseason,but lets be honest he didnt have anything remotely close to a line in front of him. The second team line blows,he would have been solid #3 behind starters

Back
Top Bottom