Jovorskie Lane: Attitude | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jovorskie Lane: Attitude

I figured someone would bite. Ha Ha. Yea Ireland only gets credit for what you want him to get I understand. Interesting now that he is really in charge with no influence of Tony S and Parcelss suddenly he is no longer the GM of the Dolphins the coaching staff is. How convient for the arm chair QB's out there. Of course if Ryann T and Philbin stink it up then IMO Irelnad should go because there are no Parcells or Tony S excuses for this QB and staff.

You're exactly right, it's nuts what some people do, mentally, to achieve the outcome they've already per-determined.

I'm telling you, I love me some fullbacks, and I LOVE this guy.

What really, REALLY impresses me about him is he seems to have a really high football IQ.

During that Raiders game, I counted two times where he could've, rightly taken on the closest
guy and put a hat on him. Instead, he sort of calculated and figured out that he didn't need to hit that guy,
and got out ahead of Bush by a neat little hop-step through the mix of feet and ankles, then
made the block on the next level.

Also...Never under estimate the capability of a man that's thankful for his job.

If I could make a living putting on a football uniform and going to work, I'd vastly
prefer it over working in a maximum security male pen.

Well either way you would get to watch men shower lol just messing.

I figured someone would bite. Ha Ha. Yea Ireland only gets credit for what you want him to get I understand. Interesting now that he is really in charge with no influence of Tony S and Parcelss suddenly he is no longer the GM of the Dolphins the coaching staff is. How convient for the arm chair QB's out there. Of course if Ryann T and Philbin stink it up then IMO Irelnad should go because there are no Parcells or Tony S excuses for this QB and staff.

Well its pretty reasonable that Mike Sherman is the reason that Lane is here. Ireland has been in charge since Lane graduated and never once gave him a tryout here, Sherman comes here and we look at him.

Come Sunday, watch Miami lay a little track on Revis Island, for the J-Train to pass through.

No need to put up a station tho, the J-Train wont be stopping.

He reminds me a little of Tony Paige with better blocking and lesser hands

Well its pretty reasonable that Mike Sherman is the reason that Lane is here. Ireland has been in charge since Lane graduated and never once gave him a tryout here, Sherman comes here and we look at him.

Granted point noted. But Ireland was the ONLY GM to give the kid a tryout. No other GM in the entire NFL was willing to even look at the kid in two years. Ireland only gave him a tryout on condition that hex had lost weight because obviously Ireland had scouted him and knew he was to big. Look is the hate for Ireland so great we are going to criticize him for listening to one of the new head coaches he was also responsible for bringing to Miami?

Granted point noted. But Ireland was the ONLY GM to give the kid a tryout. No other GM in the entire NFL was willing to even look at the kid in two years. Ireland only gave him a tryout on condition that hex had lost weight because obviously Ireland had scouted him and knew he was to big. Look is the hate for Ireland so great we are going to criticize him for listening to one of the new head coaches he was also responsible for bringing to Miami?

I hate Ireland for continually doing some of the same stupid stuff. Let me see you trade your best receiver before draft and dont make one good faith move to replace or improve that position. He had all offseason and the draft. Instead you take a major chance filling that role with a declining Chad Johnson who did nothing with Tom Brady as qb. You draft a third runningback before you draft a damn receiver that doesnt even make the team. Also Im sure if Sherman was on another team that team would have given Lane a look.

I hate Ireland for continually doing some of the same stupid stuff. Let me see you trade your best receiver before draft and dont make one good faith move to replace or improve that position. He had all offseason and the draft. Instead you take a major chance filling that role with a declining Chad Johnson who did nothing with Tom Brady as qb. You draft a third runningback before you draft a damn receiver that doesnt even make the team. Also Im sure if Sherman was on another team that team would have given Lane a look.

Currently we know we are up against the cap correct? Sure we know we could resign Jake Long just to get more cap space but we do not know if that is what Ireland and Philbin want to do we can only guess. We do know that Ireland like most of the fans gave up on Henne last year so we needed a new QB. We all knew that the right tackle from last year Columbo was a hole and needed to be replaced. We could also see outside of Wake we had a limmited pass rush. While I agree your observation that we lost a great wide out Philbins offense puts as a great emphasis on the Tight end position as the wide position and with a rookie quarterback a good tight end could help as much or more as that wide reciever. So in the first 3 rounds we go QB, OT, DE and TE. I could go on about the draft but in FA Ireland went bargain shopping at those same positions. So it is not like Ireland ignored those positions he used all the resources he currently had to fill them without taking away from the future of the team. If this team this year was Super Bowl bound than I agree with you then trade away part of the future for right now. That's why we brought in Marshall as the missing piece a few years back just like we brought in Ricky Williams a few years ago to get us to that next level. New coaching staff new schemes that's not the direction to go right now unless it is a bargain. I agree with you we would be much better off right now with Marshall and Vonte on the team right now. In fact I am down on the Vonte trade, Ok with Marshall gone nothing to do with talent either and am not sold on Philbin yet, and have been surprised by Ryann T. Whats hard to know if Philbin wanted Marshall and Vonte on the team but we all know that Ireland drafted Ryann T and was in on the process of hiring Philbin. I am judging Ireland therefore on the latter not the former.

I'm just sticking with the facts. Lane has credited his return to the NFL to Sherman for giving him a second chance. You want to credit Ireland to support your agenda of defending mediocrity, you probably were a Sparano supporter too, which says a lot.

I'm just sticking with the facts. Lane has credited his return to the NFL to Sherman for giving him a second chance. You want to credit Ireland to support your agenda of defending mediocrity, you probably were a Sparano supporter too, which says a lot.

Ireland pulled the trigger to give Lane a tryout based on Sherman's advice which was the only NFL tryout the kid got 2 years after being out of college. Those are the facts in the article read it. Lane would still be moving furniture in Texas today except for Ireland giving him that opportunity. Yea I liked Tony Sporano he was a hard worker and appeared to be a honest guy but as a coach I came to the conclusion when he could not make the offensive line work after we spent all that free agent money and draft picks on that position then he was over his head as the head coach. Tony S got his opportunity and it did not work out but you know Bill B. got the same opportunities with the Browns washed out there and then resurfaced with th Pats and has been kicking our butt ever since.
To think like you I thought Bill B was a joke just like you feel about Tony S and that type of thinking can bite you in the butt.

So why don't we just celebrate what Lane has done and how he has improved our FB position, doesn't matter who gets the credit. Really pleased with what he has brought and just like Jerry if he keeps his weight under control could be a keeper on our O.

Hopefully we can add him as a pass catcher weapon seeing as we are lacking more in that area than in the running department.

No, the credit goes to Sherman.

One day your hatred for Ireland is going to go right down the tube. Your short sight for the players he has assembled on this team, will no longer be valid, because we are a team on the rise. It's going to come a point in time, when we are one of the top teams in the league, his decisions are going to seem good to great. Furthermore, Sherman, can't sign players, only Ireland can, he (Sherman) can make suggestions just like all the scouts we have, but the ultimate decision goes to the current GENERAL MANAGER to pull the trigger. Bottom line is he's a dolphins because Ireland Offered him a contract. That's a fact. And luckily for Lane, he needed and wanted it bad enough!

Sherman convinced general manager Jeff Ireland to give him a tryout, but Ireland agreed only on one condition: Lane said Ireland “told me if I come in at more than 268, we would not even go through with the workout. Fortunately, I was already 262.”

Back
Top Bottom