jumpin on the Rutgers bandwagon | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

jumpin on the Rutgers bandwagon

SQuinn17 said:
derrick roberson and dimitri linton both played on my high school team. i still dont think rutgers is that good though. they still havent beaten anybody...look at their schedule, pretty weak. lets see what they do against a ranked opponent first.

Yea, I knew Dimitri also (NorthEast), any idea why he isn't even getting a snap at RB? I know Ray Rice is amazing . . . but I would expect Linton to atleast be on special teams . . . he isn't still hurt is he? I know last season he was neck and neck with Rice for the starting job before getting hurt and I heard for this season he was impressive in practice also. We just can't seem to get these Broward RB's going at Rutgers . . . I was close friends with Markis Faycson also (Dillard), and I remember he had a solid game against UM one year, but fell off after.

54Fins said:
Heh! I thought i was the only one to post Rutgers stuff here.:lol: It's sad when people can't see a cinderella story.And even when they do they loath it and try to say things like"They didn't play anybody":boohoo: Sad,Sad,Sad.

U can check when they played they first game, I was in the post and let everybody know that I am a fan, mainly because of the talent they get from down here . . . especially out of Broward County.

However, it is true that they have played NOBODY. And they almost lost to South Florida, and struggled with Uconn. Matter fact, tho the Big East is strong record wise, their out of conference schedules have been extremly weak. This could be good or bad, maybe the Big East is a super conference, but we don't know that tho, and as of right now . . . . I would take a 1 loss Auburn or Florida team, over a unbeaten Big East team in the championship . . . unless West Va or Rutgers or Louviille just completely dominate the rest of their games.

Kdawg954 said:
U can check when they played they first game, I was in the post and let everybody know that I am a fan, mainly because of the talent they get from down here . . . especially out of Broward County.

However, it is true that they have played NOBODY. And they almost lost to South Florida, and struggled with Uconn. Matter fact, tho the Big East is strong record wise, their out of conference schedules have been extremly weak. This could be good or bad, maybe the Big East is a super conference, but we don't know that tho, and as of right now . . . . I would take a 1 loss Auburn or Florida team, over a unbeaten Big East team in the championship . . . unless West Va or Rutgers or Louviille just completely dominate the rest of their games.
Besides Texas and maybe Penn State when they were ranked.Who did Ohio State play?N.Illinois,Bowling green,Cincy,Minn.,Ill.,next.. Then that perenial powerhouse Northwestern.Sure, i know,tough schedule.Just seems like the polls and the BCS think differently than us,huh?BTW,Go look at Rutgers roster(and Starters)and tell me were there from again? Someone mustbe misleading you buddy.Out of 22 starters,4 ,Lets count again FOUR are from Fl.You tell me how may are from Jersey.

54Fins said:
Besides Texas and maybe Penn State when they were ranked.Who did Ohio State play?N.Illinois,Bowling green,Cincy,Minn.,Ill.,next.. Then that perenial powerhouse Northwestern.Sure, i know,tough schedule.Just seems like the polls and the BCS think differently than us,huh?

They may not play 8 powerhouses but atleast they 2 and a couple other good teams. That's more than can be said for Big East teams.

54Fins said:
Besides Texas and maybe Penn State when they were ranked.Who did Ohio State play?N.Illinois,Bowling green,Cincy,Minn.,Ill.,next.. Then that perenial powerhouse Northwestern.Sure, i know,tough schedule.Just seems like the polls and the BCS think differently than us,huh?

Besides Texas? lol that is a big non conference test, and it was in Texas right? They beat Iowa at Iowa, they beat an always tuff Michigan State team, they beat Penn State . . . and don't even factor in beating these teams, they destroyed all of them . . . and has been the most consistent offensive team in the country and one of the top defensively as well. And that Cincy team gave Louiville a good game.

Michigan beat Notre Dame . . . that is a huge non conference test.

Rutgers, West Va, and Louville don't have those type of wins (Not even Louivilles beating of Miami means much with Miami barely beating Duke by 5, its a big non conference win, but not as big as it would have been in years past). To me, that is going to hurt the Big East when it comes down to it all.

But I hope Rutgers can go undefeated, would be an amazing story.

Kdawg954 said:
Besides Texas? lol that is a big non conference test, and it was in Texas right? They beat Iowa at Iowa, they beat an always tuff Michigan State team, they beat Penn State . . . and don't even factor in beating these teams, they destroyed all of them . . . and has been the most consistent offensive team in the country and one of the top defensively as well. And that Cincy team gave Louiville a good game.

Michigan beat Notre Dame . . . that is a huge non conference test.

Rutgers, West Va, and Louville don't have those type of wins (Not even Louivilles beating of Miami means much with Miami barely beating Duke by 5, its a big non conference win, but not as big as it would have been in years past). To me, that is going to hurt the Big East when it comes down to it all.

But I hope Rutgers can go undefeated, would be an amazing story.
Your last line is what it's all about to me.No,there isn't a comparison between OHio State and Rutgers.The wins are the only thing of importance.If my team keeps winning it will be an amazing story.At this time noone can tell me that 8-0 is a fluke or whatever.it is what it is,and alot of people believe this team is for real.

54Fins said:
Your last line is what it's all about to me.No,there isn't a comparison between OHio State and Rutgers.The wins are the only thing of importance.If my team keeps winning it will be an amazing story.At this time noone can tell me that 8-0 is a fluke or whatever.it is what it is,and alot of people believe this team is for real.

Definetly not a fluke, I am happy for Rutgers also. They deserve everything they are getting right now, they have earned it.

I think Rutgers will boast WV schedule and help put the mountianeers in the NC game. I don't see them losing to Louisville or Rutgers. I think the NC game will be WV and whoever wins the Ohio State and Michigan game. Sorry Rutgers fans just what I think.

Kdawg954 said:
Yea, I knew Dimitri also (NorthEast), any idea why he isn't even getting a snap at RB? I know Ray Rice is amazing . . . but I would expect Linton to atleast be on special teams . . . he isn't still hurt is he? I know last season he was neck and neck with Rice for the starting job before getting hurt and I heard for this season he was impressive in practice also. We just can't seem to get these Broward RB's going at Rutgers . . . I was close friends with Markis Faycson also (Dillard), and I remember he had a solid game against UM one year, but fell off after.

They have a freshman (Young) who is better then Dimitri and ahead of him on the depth chart.

Back
Top Bottom