just a question....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

just a question.......

north

Practice Squad
Reaction score
with the new o-line, how many yards do you think Ricky will end with and do you think the prowl bowl is in the future for him?:cooldude:

What did Ricky have last year? 1,100 yards or so? I'll hope for a little improvement and guess 1,200 yards- if He stays healthy and off the weed (or, at least, doesn't get caught). The Pro Bowl is in Ricky's past, so I'd assume he can get to the prowl bowl but I assume that bowl game is reserved for Bengals or Panthers running backs :)

I believe with the addition of Boston will give Ricky the chance to get as many if not more yards the year he went to the Pro Bowl.
With Jamal Lewis and Priest Holmes taking one of the spots, it will come down to who can stay healthy.

i think Ricky had 1300 yards so i expect omre than 1200. I think he'll get around the 1500 mark depending on how our offensive line works out.

Right now im not expecting a single yard because all of us are'nt sure of the offensive line progress and who the starters are but if anything I would want around 1400-1600 yrds because it will still show hes strong and its a reachable number in Ricky's case. If Feeley becomes that diamond in the ruff then i expect Ricky to get over 2000. He is just to dam good of a back and I think this year he has something to prove,:Leadership

I was way off. Ricky had 1372 yards last year. With a brand new line- most players with little or no starting NFL experience I still don't think he'll do much better than last year. 1400 yards or so.

As for the Pro Bowl, it's a tough battle cuz Ladanian Tomlinson was cheated out of it last year with his amazing year. Priest Holmes always racks up big time numbers with his beefed up o-line. Jamal Lewis has his entire o-line back from last year.

Ricky will have to definetely put up big numbers for the pro bowl.

Look out for Fred Taylor.

If we don't get a vertical game the defense will put 8 in the box again and rickey will get 1100 yards. Hopefully Feeley can get Chambers and Boston the ball downfield so the D can't put 8 in there. If so RW gets 1800 again.

You know, if he gets around the 1200-1500 yards AND has about 50 fewer carries...That would be fantastic and doable. The key for us is his ypc....needs to be in the 4.0-4.5 range for our offense to work best.

I think Ricky's yards per carry will be a lot better this year. I think he will get at least 4 yards a carry this year. However, Ricky won't get as many carries this year as he did the past two seasons. The coaching staff will realize that they need to limit his carries because if they don't we won't have him for much longer, and we have a bunch of weapons who we can give the ball too. I think this year, our passing game will be a lot better than last year, and Ricky will have a solid season and get 1400 yards.

phins4life said:
with the new o-line, how many yards do you think Ricky will end with and do you think the prowl bowl is in the future for him?:cooldude:

I think that it is premature to gauge the positives or the negatives of each facet offense - defense - special teams this early in the season !!

:D

Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom