just a question....... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

just a question.......

Actually I hope he doesn't get 1800 yards this year! My reason for that is "hopefully" the passing game will be much better this year! In that case they won't need to use Ricky as much! So with the passing game more effective his yards per should be high, but hopefully his carries are way down for last year!

LarryFinFan said:
You know, if he gets around the 1200-1500 yards AND has about 50 fewer carries...That would be fantastic and doable. The key for us is his ypc....needs to be in the 4.0-4.5 range for our offense to work best.
That was going to my point exactly Larry...

I don't the total yards are going to be that important for this team... His ypc is going to be the story. If other teams are stacking 8 in the box against him he probably won't be getting real far each carry and that would be bc our passing attack is average/below average again. However, if he is getting 4.5 yards a pot (oops I meant pop... guess that was a freudian slip!) than that means our passing attack is keeping the safeties back and our whole offense should be balanced and a lot harder to defend.

I think a 2000 yard season isnt in the Dolphins near future, Ricky should be in the 1400-1600 yard range. Hope fully this is done with a YPC in the 4.0-4.5 range, this will happen only IF the passing game is opened up and keeps the safeties back. I dont see the Pro Bowl for RW this year with LT, Priest, and Lewis carrying about 70% of the teams offense. Ricky will still be the focal point of our offense but hopefully we will see more of a balanced attack, which limits Ricky's yards.

Back
Top Bottom