Just an observation........... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just an observation...........

St. Nick

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Whats different about the Ph. Eagles this season that put them over the hump in the Playoffs and helped them make it to the big dance? :rolleyes:

Are they missing any Baggage?

What anchor did they unload to spring them into the Post season?

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235056 :shakeno:

Geez..........what a season for them. A superbowl run AND they have the 32nd AND the 34th Pick in the NFL draft...............

Donovan McNabb became a better QB. And Terrell Owens made big plays. They also got stronger on defense. Jevon Kearse gave them a bigtime threat rushing the passer. And Hugh Douglas came back, as did Jeremiah Trotter.

Finally, they got younger and better at CB. They got rid of Vincent and Taylor and promoted their young studs.

When you're consistently sharp on the personnel side of things (both in the draft and free agency), you put yourself in position to be competitive year in and year out. IIRC, Philly will be way under the cap again this year.

chambers84 said:
The Eagles are in the Super Bowl because the NFC is weak, plain and simple.

That too. :D

Muck said:
Donovan McNabb became a better QB. And Terrell Owens made big plays. They also got stronger on defense. Jevon Kearse gave them a bigtime threat rushing the passer. And Hugh Douglas came back, as did Jeremiah Trotter.

Finally, they got younger and better at CB. They got rid of Vincent and Taylor and promoted their young studs.

When you're consistently sharp on the personnel side of things (both in the draft and free agency), you put yourself in position to be competitive year in and year out. IIRC, Philly will be way under the cap again this year.
Couldn't have said it any better myself.

rafael said:
Westbrook was also injured last year, healthy this year.

He still missed three games and four starts this year. He actually played in more games last year (which suprised me too).

St. Nick said:
Whats different about the Ph. Eagles this season that put them over the hump in the Playoffs and helped them make it to the big dance? :rolleyes:

Geez..........what a season for them. A superbowl run AND they have the 32nd AND the 34th Pick in the NFL draft...............
To be honest, Owens and Kearse helped through the regular season but I still believe the Eagles didn't really get that much better. The rest of the NFC got worse. They still can't stop the run. They haven't played anyone that could run the ball since they inserted Trotter at MLB so don't believe that hype. Since Trotter was inserted at MLB they still gave up six 100 yard rushing games out of nine to opponents. The freak is a definite concern but Douglass is way on the downside. Anyone even heard his name actually mentioned in a game lately?

As for the CB's, the book is definently still out. Philly has become a much weaker version of the old SF teams. Get a big lead and than let the D pin their ears back and go after the QB. Look at their regular season, they were hardly ever challenged by any NFC opponent until they had injury problems. They simply are NOT that good. You could make a significant argument 6-8 teams in the AFC are better.

That being said, I think Philly battles their *** off to keep this game close but NE starts to show dominance in the second half and walks away in the 4th. Philly is simply outmanned here as much as I hate the Pats.

I agree. I think New England will beat up on Philly pretty good. I don't think it will be that close of a game. McNabb's going to have to run around and create for them to have success.

Muck said:
He still missed three games and four starts this year. He actually played in more games last year (which suprised me too).

But he was there for the NFC championship game (unlike last year). That was the hurdle they couldn't overcome.

rafael said:
But he was there for the NFC championship game (unlike last year). That was the hurdle they couldn't overcome.
Philly wouldn't have beaten Carolina with Westbrook last year. Westbrook was used mostly as a utility back last season with Staley there. Simply put, at the time they played Carolina was a better team. That being said, my early money next season is on Carolina coming back and being a force in the NFC next season. I don't care what anyone says, no team was as decimated by injuries as Carolina was this season and they are returning a lot of talent next year along with having plenty of cap room to plug holes. Remember, NE stumbled after their first SB year. I see Carolina coming back next year.

I definitely see it too. They will find a 3rd reliable RB, and MOST IMPORTANTLY. Wait I did not emphasize that enough, MOST MOST MOST IMPORTANTLY THEY GET KRIS JENKINS BACK! Kris Jenkins and Shaun Rogers are the two best DTs in the game period. Getting Jenkins back, along with Smith and others will really make a difference for Carolina.

Muck said:
I can't argue with any of that. :yes:

Gee .............:goof: Who was in charge of the personnel side of things for us the past few Years?

St. Nick said:

So you are saying AJ held them back?

Back
Top Bottom