Justin fields | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Justin fields

Taking a non-generational talent in the top 10 is def not a no brainer
I love how generational talent is thrown around, yes Smith is absolutely worth a top ten pick especially in our situation. However I personally don't value anyone in the draft at 3 for us, but if we had to make the pick if take Parsons. I am absolutely hoping for a trade, if we trade down 6-10, my first pick would be Parsons but he'll be gone, next is Smith, he's a game changer his awareness of the game is exceptional.

Am I the only person on this forum that thinks Fields can be a great NFL QB? Good
No I agree

And would have picked Herbert ahead of Tua.

Like some have said, anyone could have thrown to the receivers Tua had. I'm not saying Tua will not succeed here, he just needs to be surrounded by talent which Miami has the assets to do.

Am I the only person on this forum that thinks Fields can be a great NFL QB? Good
It’s not impossible. My problem with Fields at the college level is it seems he’s out to prove that he’s more than an athletic QB to the detriment of the team. He should have 100 + yards rushing every game but instead he holds the ball forever. Personally I’d love to see Fields in San Francisco with Shanahan.

It’s not impossible. My problem with Fields at the college level is it seems he’s out to prove that he’s more than an athletic QB to the detriment of the team. He should have 100 + yards rushing every game but instead he holds the ball forever. Personally I’d love to see Fields in San Francisco with Shanahan.
Bingo!

Y’all must be some old mfkrs ...to have been able to see all that “generational talent..

*non generational receiver in the top 10

We know you said non-generational. That's just it. You are setting the standard that Smith has to be generational to take him in the top-10 as if every top-10 pick has to be that level of talent. And that isn't the case. The measuring stick is how much he improves the Dolphins and for how long. Will he be elite and at a position that helps win games week in and week out and in the playoffs? There is a VERY good chance that Smith checks those boxes. WRs in today's NFL are that important, and the only reason not to take them early is that they tend to have a high bust rate. If you think an individual WR has very little chances to bust, he worth taking really early. I think Smith is that type of player.

We know you said non-generational. That's just it. You are setting the standard that Smith has to be generational to take him in the top-10 as if every top-10 pick has to be that level of talent. And that isn't the case. The measuring stick is how much he improves the Dolphins and for how long. Will he be elite and at a position that helps win games week in and week out and in the playoffs? There is a VERY good chance that Smith checks those boxes. WRs in today's NFL are that important, and the only reason not to take them early is that they tend to have a high bust rate. If you think an individual WR has very little chances to bust, he worth taking really early. I think Smith is that type of player.
Thank, I didn't feel like explaining

I think that's ideal for a trade down to get a lot of picks, including an additional #1 for 2022.

Just depends how far the Dolphins want to deal down. Carolina is picking top 10 and I think they'd be interested.

Back
Top Bottom