Justin fields | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Justin fields

Taking a non-generational talent in the top 10 is def not a no brainer
Are you saying there are 10 "generational talents" in this Draft?

I don't think there has EVER been a Draft like that.

Normally I would be unwilling to take a WR that high(and i would not take one at #3)but a trade back to the 6-10 area that nets me a 2022 1st Rounder AND Chase or Smith would be A-OK with me.

The only guys who i would take in the Top 10 would be Sewell, Parsons, Surtain or Chase/Smith.

Surtain makes no sense for Miami and while Sewell and Parsons are excellent prospects, neither are huge needs. LB could be addressed later and while I love Sewell OT is not a huge need.

Chase or Smith would transform the Fins Offense by not only giving them a go to play maker but by slotting Parker and Williams and Gesicki down a notch in the opponents defensive game plan.Not only would Smith or Chase be getting open for Tua but the other guys would all find it easier to do so as well.

Now IF the Fins like some of the next group of WR's just as much as Chase/Smith/Waddle then I am fine with going another way and taking a WR with their own 1st rounder.

But Chase was the best WR in College Football last year and Smith is that guy this year.They are clear and obvious talents who will excel in the NFL.

Would I be upset if they took Sewell or Parsons at #3 or after trading down? No, because they are both going to be great.But neither would impact the team as much as a star WR would.

The LB Corps needs help, and the OL could use another starter, but you do not need to get the very best guy at either of those spots to improve the team.We could argue just how important LB is these days and whether it makes any sense to invest that highly in that position.

A great OT to protect Tua would be great and I can see the logic in taking Sewell, in fact if they can't trade down that is what I would do.And then do what it took to move up for a WR.

But if I am moving down from #3(and that would be my #1 intention)then WR looks to be the best fit in the 6-10 range to me.

We aren't taking a QB in the 1st round. I think any reasonable person here knows that.

That being said, if Fields is on the board at No. 3 (assuming the Jets stick with Darnold) then we will likely have a good offer to trade down. I think trading out of the top 5 or 6 picks is a bad idea. We need to take a chance on getting elite talent. I'm fine with trading down from 22 to 30 or something like that, but I'm not for trading out of contention for an elite prospect. Stay put at 1a.

Are you saying there are 10 "generational talents" in this Draft?

I don't think there has EVER been a Draft like that.

Normally I would be unwilling to take a WR that high(and i would not take one at #3)but a trade back to the 6-10 area that nets me a 2022 1st Rounder AND Chase or Smith would be A-OK with me.

The only guys who i would take in the Top 10 would be Sewell, Parsons, Surtain or Chase/Smith.

Surtain makes no sense for Miami and while Sewell and Parsons are excellent prospects, neither are huge needs. LB could be addressed later and while I love Sewell OT is not a huge need.

Chase or Smith would transform the Fins Offense by not only giving them a go to play maker but by slotting Parker and Williams and Gesicki down a notch in the opponents defensive game plan.Not only would Smith or Chase be getting open for Tua but the other guys would all find it easier to do so as well.

Now IF the Fins like some of the next group of WR's just as much as Chase/Smith/Waddle then I am fine with going another way and taking a WR with their own 1st rounder.

But Chase was the best WR in College Football last year and Smith is that guy this year.They are clear and obvious talents who will excel in the NFL.

Would I be upset if they took Sewell or Parsons at #3 or after trading down? No, because they are both going to be great.But neither would impact the team as much as a star WR would.

The LB Corps needs help, and the OL could use another starter, but you do not need to get the very best guy at either of those spots to improve the team.We could argue just how important LB is these days and whether it makes any sense to invest that highly in that position.

A great OT to protect Tua would be great and I can see the logic in taking Sewell, in fact if they can't trade down that is what I would do.And then do what it took to move up for a WR.

But if I am moving down from #3(and that would be my #1 intention)then WR looks to be the best fit in the 6-10 range to me.
Chase doesn’t create separation well...

No I agree

And would have picked Herbert ahead of Tua.

Like some have said, anyone could have thrown to the receivers Tua had. I'm not saying Tua will not succeed here, he just needs to be surrounded by talent which Miami has the assets to do.
Well you can be wrong here

He will be a star, I bet the Jets are dumb enough to pass on him and stick with their bust Darnold for a fourth year--blaming everything on Gase.

Darnold just needs some coaching like Allen got. He didn't have a prayer with the Jets

Back
Top Bottom