Karlos Dansby will not be franchized per Adam Schefter | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Karlos Dansby will not be franchized per Adam Schefter

This is the draft, of course it's a Griffen vs McClain issue. That's what the draft is. You take one player because you think he's better than another.

You're turning it into some other debate simply because you don't like that other people disagree with you about McClain. I never said he was a bad player. Nor did anyone else. Just that I can imagine players being available at #12 that are better and better suited for Miami.

It's not rocket science.

This is the draft, of course it's a Griffen vs McClain issue. That's what the draft is. You take one player because you think he's better than another.

You're turning it into some other debate simply because you don't like that other people disagree with you about McClain. I never said he was a bad player. Nor did anyone else. Just that I can imagine players being available at #12 that are better and better suited for Miami.

It's not rocket science.

The quote you're so proud of is a Griffen vs. McClain issue......what I'm talking about is McClain versus any other reasonable prospect for Miami issue...

Again...I dont care if anybody disagrees....for anybody to disagree, they obviously have to have something to base it on...

90% of the people around here that chime in on McClain that dont like him or "disagree", don't even watch college football....they just know he played for Saban at Alabama so they don't like him....I get that....I'm not asking for a word out them...

You keep skirting the issue....either you like McClain as an option for Miami or you dont....and you've been pretty vocal about your disapproval of McClain for Miami at #12....do I have to show where you just posted 45 minutes ago in this thread where you specifically referrenced that Miami should take the best player at #12 INSTEAD OF McCLAIN????

There's probably 5 or 6 players I would be happy to see Miami take at #12....I'm just trying to figure out why you're so confident that McClain WONT be the best player available for Miami at #12....

..this isn't rocket science...

What I have expressed is my disapproval of focusing in on McClain at #12 as if we have to have him. He's not WORTHY of that kind of narrow minded focus. He's not Patrick Willis or Ray Lewis.

Yes, I would like to go with a player at #12 that I find to be better than Rolando McClain, if one is available. That doesn't jive well with the plurality of people that think that we HAVE to take Rolando McClain. Have to. Have to, have to, have to.

The ILB position is not a must have at this point. The OLB position is.

Perhaps you missed when I specifically stated 5 players that Miami will be most strongly considering at #12, ordered by my own preference.

Either you missed it, or you're choosing to ignore it. Either seems likely.

I don't see the need for erecting straw men in order to make yourself feel better about your argument. You don't seem to want to acknowledge any flaws in Rolando McClain's game and when anyone talks about those flaws you get offended and immediately rush to McClain's defense...even going so far as calling other people homers when it's pretty obvious that you're in the tank for Alabama.

When I bring up a flaw in McClain's game, it's with the understanding that I believe he's a good player, but that there will probably be better options available for Miami at #12, either because they're better players period, or because they're similar talent players at positions of higher importance or higher need.

But you don't want to hear any criticisms of McClain's game. None. Doesn't matter who they come from or how well made the criticisms are. Apparently it doesn't even matter if the criticism comes in the form of preferring a player that you also like. All that matters is someone forgot to worship Rolando McClain and forgot to pretend that he's the only option for Miami at #12.

I can bet more people learned about Mcclain and Griffin in this thread then all the others combined :)

What I have expressed is my disapproval of focusing in on McClain at #12 as if we have to have him. He's not WORTHY of that kind of narrow minded focus. He's not Patrick Willis or Ray Lewis.

Yes, I would like to go with a player at #12 that I find to be better than Rolando McClain, if one is available. That doesn't jive well with the plurality of people that think that we HAVE to take Rolando McClain. Have to. Have to, have to, have to.

Perhaps you missed when I specifically stated 5 players that Miami will be most strongly considering at #12, ordered by my own preference.

I don't see the need for erecting straw men in order to make yourself feel better about your argument. You don't seem to want to acknowledge any flaws in Rolando McClain's game and when anyone talks about those flaws you get offended and immediately rush to McClain's defense...even going so far as calling other people homers when it's pretty obvious that you're in the tank for Alabama.

When I bring up a flaw in McClain's game, it's with the understanding that I believe he's a good player, but that there will probably be better options available for Miami at #12, either because they're better players period, or because they're similar talent players at positions of higher importance or higher need.

But you don't want to hear any criticisms of McClain's game. None. Doesn't matter who they come from or how well made the criticisms are. Apparently it doesn't even matter if the criticism comes in the form of preferring a player that you also like. All that matters is someone forgot to worship Rolando McClain and forgot to pretend that he's the only option for Miami at #12.

i'm sorry tedslimm... but CK's got you there... sometimes i even wonder if you're not one of Rolando's relatives, hell, you might even be him :lol:

Of course he has flaws in his game...but the flaws in his game aren't what prevents ILB's from being great CK...what makes GREAT (stressing that word again) inside linebackers are the qualities that McClain has in spades that are superior to any ILB prospect in this draft.....and probably any defensive player in this draft....I think you know what those things are...

ILB is ABSOLUTELY a must have at this point.....I cant even take that seriously....Miami CANNOT afford to pass up on a linebacker like McClain with the scrubs they have now....no way...

OLB is also a PRESSING need....as in IMMEDIATE...MUST HAVE....but what's obvious is you don't want to see anybody come in here and relieve that bozo of his duties that you're in the tank for.....why I have no idea...

Homerism and bias aside.....if there's any better players in this draft than McClain...they're very, very, VERY scarce.....that's all I'm saying....

I think a player like McClain would start for Miami from day 1 and provide them with a linebacker the quality that not many teams in the NFL can claim...and would almost IMMEDIATELY take Miami's defense to different level......that's what my issue is...

This isn't about McClain or Saban or Alabama....this is about a football player that Miami could desperately use...

Of course he has flaws in his game...but the flaws in his game aren't what prevents ILB's from being great CK...what makes GREAT (stressing that word again) inside linebackers are the qualities that McClain has in spades that are superior to any ILB prospect in this draft.....and probably any defensive player in this draft....I think you know what those things are...

ILB is ABSOLUTELY a must have at this point.....I cant even take that seriously....Miami CANNOT afford to pass up on a linebacker like McClain with the scrubs they have now....no way...

OLB is also a PRESSING need....as in IMMEDIATE...MUST HAVE....but what's obvious is you don't want to see anybody come in here and relieve that bozo of his duties that you're in the tank for.....why I have no idea...

Homerism and bias aside.....if there's any better players in this draft than McClain...they're very, very, VERY scarce.....that's all I'm saying....

I think a player like McClain would start for Miami from day 1 and provide them with a linebacker the quality that not many teams in the NFL can claim...and would almost IMMEDIATELY take Miami's defense to different level......that's what my issue is...

This isn't about McClain or Saban or Alabama....this is about a football player that Miami could desperately use...

That's fine. Your opinion is noted. I respect your opinion and I see many of the positives that you see in Rolando McClain. I disagree with some of it. But where you seem to need to go out of your way to try and somehow make anyone that disagrees with you about McClain look foolish or just a homer, or biased or something like that, I actually know that people just have different opinions on draft prospects all the time.

You continue to do it even now. I can't disagree about McClain and Miami's need for him because I have a separate and valid opinion of his worth. I have to biased, right? I'm in the tank for Channing Crowder, right? Just like Awsi Dooger is a USC homer, right?

The whole world is insane to the extent that they don't agree with you, right?

I think the difference is that I respect the existence of INFORMED and UNBIASED differences of opinion...where you seem to believe there is no such thing.

No CK....me and hoops had talked about Griffen since December....and neither of us even liked him...at all.....felt he was overrated....overhyped...a tape measure "freak" who hadn't done a damn thing on the football field....

About a month ago is when I really began to focus on him and more and it hit me suddenly.....this kid is a pretty good player....where has this been?

I tried to convince hoops....but he wasn't buying it.....until just a few days ago when he came back to me and basically agreed with me after giving him a closer look himself...

I know Boomer was already catching up on him....I can tell...

Again...this isn't a Griffen vs. McClain issue....it doesn't matter if anybody here likes him or not....the only thing that matters is if Miami should take him or not and if he ends up a good pro linebacker...that's all that matters...

If somebody disagrees, that's fine....I might expect a reasonable reply as to why and hear them back it up (depending on who it is)....then again there's some that I won't even ask to give a reply and fill me in on their 10 minutes of McClain or college football in general they've watched this year...

How about giving 12 better players in this draft than Rolando McClain, and make a case as to why they're better....or who would be a better pick at #12..

Doesn't have to be about McClain....make it about Miami...oh..and make it air tight...:lol:

that's true...i remember seeing a mock with everson griffen to us when we were in the like 20's this year and telling slimm what do we want with him??? we both didn't like him

and then slimm started talking about him and i still wouldn't buy it and then slimm started talking about him to us at pick #12 and i was like let me give this guy a look...

and then i started hearing others talk somewhat about how they like him and then i went to the tape and spent time just on griffen and was wowed...

so i have to admit that for me at least slimm's the one that got me on the griffen kick...at the same time had ck or boomer con and a few others on here been talkin like slimm was i would have done the same...given a good look to see if i missed something...definitely respect all your opinions..

as far as i'm concerned everson griffen is well worth pick #12...but so is mcclain to me...and i personally enjoy hearing other peoples like dislikes takes etc on these guys whether i agree or not...

neither one though is dez bryant...lol

b/t if karlos dansby wants $40 mil guaranteed i'm moving on...he's not ray lewis in his prime...

i bet you it's gonna take at least $30 mil guaranteed to get his signature though...

lot of coin

If I didn't value your opinion and wasn't interested in it I wouldn't give you such a hard time CK...:lol:

Awsi is a great poster and I find myself reading a lot of his posts over and over again....because they can be that good....fascinating sometimes....I just found it interesting that his most famous quote is only convenient for USC players and not convenient for teams trying to acquire good football players to fill NEEDS...

All I know is when Miami is lined up across from Tom Brady, you better have some good football players.....Sparano can't intimidate him by sending him threats in the mail about how much of a "freak" he just drafted...

It's only his most famous quote because I put it in my signature. And I did that because it was a fine piece of wordsmithing that encapsulated how I feel about the situation, and it's not just about Everson Griffen, I almost took that part out of the quote period but it would only lead to more people mistaking me for being a Rolando McClain "hater" as if I don't love what he brings to the table.

Listen if I knew that Rolando McClain was the next Zach Thomas in terms of film watching, ability to read the play both before the snap and as the play comes, going at a eighty million miles an hour from snap to whistle, etc...sign me up. I'll go drive the limo that takes him from the airport to the facility.

I just think some of that is being stretched and overdone a little.

Thats why we and everyone elses is debating whether to take mcclain or not.. i dont see why we need mcclain if we are getting dansby...we dont HAVE to get mcclain. we dont have to get dez bryant.. but we need a free agent or a draftee at those positions

The thing is....the word "freak" is used all the time....I hear it used in reference to a dozen prospects every year....and about 1% of them ever amount to anything...

Athletic hype is often blown out of proportion, especially as far as it translates on the football field.....football acumen is hardly ever overhyped...and rarely fails to translate onto the field...

i do have a question though...we pretty much all agree that rolando mcclain is a karlos dansby with more upside...and we pretty much all know that parcells is a big fan of karlos dansby...

so why wouldn't parcells take a karlos dansby with more upside at pick #12???

it makes sense to me...

Back
Top Bottom