Kevin Garnett for Amare Stoudamire? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kevin Garnett for Amare Stoudamire?

I could see this happening, Garnett seems more like a Kerr guy than Amare...I'm 50/50 about if I like it though, I think I would support it, the only problem I would see is we would have Garnett and Nash both on the downside...

He is better than Amare as a all around player. Anyone who says he can't run the floor is crazy.

He is better than Amare as a all around player. Anyone who says he can't run the floor is crazy.
He is 7 years older than Amare...

I would say they are about even as players, Amare has the edge on Offense, and KG has the edge on D...To me the main difference is in character....

suns get kg for amare...so what happens when the suns still dont win, and they have both nash and kg in the end of their career? while, amare can tear it up somewhere else for years to come? dont know about this trade.

I don't like that deal for the Suns. They should keep Amare. He goes together with Nash really well and he still pretty young

ESPN is also mentioning a deal that might send KG to the Celtics. I am not posting the link because its an Insider story

We sometimes forget that the whole point about being in the league is winning championships, if you replace Amare for KG you get yourself a highly reliable jumper from the center position, you get yourself a way better defender (to stop Duncan later on) you get yourself a guy who is a no nonsense hard worker (something Amare hardly is... and I really mean hardly), you get yourself a good passing Center (I know he is a PF but in the suns game he can easily be a PF), I mean there is no way you are loosing anything.

The age is the only thing, but what is the point of having Amare for years when you aren't winning the championship, you would just have a nice guy there for years, and never have won a championship (plus who is to say Amare will be that effective without Nash to dish the ball to him, and let us not forget that not so long ago he had quite a big surgery, and normally those things don't go away)

If I am the suns I do it in a heart beat, and laugh my way to a NBA championship (especially if I can keep Marion)

ESPN is also mentioning a deal that might send KG to the Celtics. I am not posting the link because its an Insider story
Oh here we go again. :rolleyes2

EVERY SEASON they report some star player that MIGHT end up in Boston. Boston Celtics have some desperate fans.

Wasn't last year Allen Iverson to Boston?

Good for Minnesota, bad for Phoenix. I'd take age over experience anyday. KG has a few years left while AS has at least 10.

Does KG fit into the run and gun?

We sometimes forget that the whole point about being in the league is winning championships, if you replace Amare for KG you get yourself a highly reliable jumper from the center position, you get yourself a way better defender (to stop Duncan later on) you get yourself a guy who is a no nonsense hard worker (something Amare hardly is... and I really mean hardly), you get yourself a good passing Center (I know he is a PF but in the suns game he can easily be a PF), I mean there is no way you are loosing anything.

The age is the only thing, but what is the point of having Amare for years when you aren't winning the championship, you would just have a nice guy there for years, and never have won a championship (plus who is to say Amare will be that effective without Nash to dish the ball to him, and let us not forget that not so long ago he had quite a big surgery, and normally those things don't go away)

If I am the suns I do it in a heart beat, and laugh my way to a NBA championship (especially if I can keep Marion)

Acquiring KG doesn't guarantee a championship. Hell the West is going to be great again!

Acquiring KG doesn't guarantee a championship. Hell the West is going to be great again!

A team with Nash, Marion and KG, Raja Bell, Kurt Thomas, etc. Pretty much guarantees them that.

The Suns have to realize that they have hit the same wall three years in a row now, which means that something has got to change, while they have been able to play just as well or better without Amare they have not been able to really do that without Nash or Marion.... So that means that those two are way more important to how this team functions than Stoudamire. You replace Stoudamire with a player who is not only a more complete player, but a man who could be amazing once given a real shot at a championship (because of his intensity)... and voila.

There are two things that have stopped the Suns all this years, their lack of a killer instinct and their lack of D inside, they always get out rebounded. Garnett gives them both, Stoudemire doesn't.

This is an incredible trade, the Suns should do it in a heart beat. I promise you Garnett would thrive in the Suns game, Stoudemire will fizzle in the Minnesota game.

I'll put it this way, if you felt that the dolphins are close to win the championship, but you got a pretty darn good QB and have failed to get over the hump 3 years in a row, with that QB either playing or injured there. Would you not pull the trigger in a trade for Tom Brady even if he is 30? He might be 30 but he is still putting up better numbers than your QB, he is almost a sure fire hall of famer, he has a chip on his shoulder.

Frankly I would do it in a heart beat.

Back
Top Bottom