Kevin Garnett for Amare Stoudamire? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kevin Garnett for Amare Stoudamire?

I don't think that the Wolves will trade KG. He IS basketball here in MN.

I've heard nothing on sports radio here about this. These are just rumors right now.

If Garnett went to the Suns they would win it. See Garnett needs teammates to go to the play offs something he hasnt had. It wouldn't be a bad trade. Besides KG old, hardly the guy can play for 5-7 more years. He is light years ahead of Amare in terms of D and post up. Admit it if KG was more selfish he would be averaging close to 30 PPG. KG has the talent to take over games but he much rather score a solid 24 points sometimes more than always shoot. Besides you got a team like the Suns and their bench and a guy that can cover Duncan who I might add KG does a great job.

I hope he goes to PHeonix so he can get his ring.

I don't think that the Wolves will trade KG. He IS basketball here in MN.

I've heard nothing on sports radio here about this. These are just rumors right now.
2 words Kevin McHale...I agree with you that KG is the only thing that keeps fans coming to games, but the Wolves need to take a new direction, and the only thing they have worth a damn is KG...

We sometimes forget that the whole point about being in the league is winning championships, if you replace Amare for KG you get yourself a highly reliable jumper from the center position, you get yourself a way better defender (to stop Duncan later on) you get yourself a guy who is a no nonsense hard worker (something Amare hardly is... and I really mean hardly), you get yourself a good passing Center (I know he is a PF but in the suns game he can easily be a PF), I mean there is no way you are loosing anything.

The age is the only thing, but what is the point of having Amare for years when you aren't winning the championship, you would just have a nice guy there for years, and never have won a championship (plus who is to say Amare will be that effective without Nash to dish the ball to him, and let us not forget that not so long ago he had quite a big surgery, and normally those things don't go away)

If I am the suns I do it in a heart beat, and laugh my way to a NBA championship (especially if I can keep Marion)
You are really under playing Amares game here..Amares jumper has vastly improved, and is one of the strengths of his game..He is a solid passer, the whole Suns team is good passers...And calling him hardly a hard worker is just insane. The guy came back from double knee surgery in better shape, with a better game than he left with...His FT% and FG% have improved every year, along with his D and rebounding skills...KG does have better defense though..

You are really under playing Amares game here..Amares jumper has vastly improved, and is one of the strengths of his game..He is a solid passer, the whole Suns team is good passers...And calling him hardly a hard worker is just insane. The guy came back from double knee surgery in better shape, with a better game than he left with...His FT% and FG% have improved every year, along with his D and rebounding skills...KG does have better defense though..

Well the under worker comes from the impression that is given in the Jack McCallum book about the perception that coaches and such have of him and other players. It is a great book, but one of the points they make is that people on the team don't trust Amare to prepare for games, you would not have that issue with KG

KG is better than Amare and this trade would help the Suns get that ring. KG can guard Duncan quite well. Duncan has a trouble guarding KG.

KG is better than Amare and this trade would help the Suns get that ring. KG can guard Duncan quite well. Duncan has a trouble guarding KG.
Look, I love KG don't get me wrong.. I live here in Wolves country, and a lot of my friends are big fans, in fact my wife works for the Wolves owner, who resides in my town...I just am not sold that he is better than Amare, I think they are about equal...The main reason I would accept the trade is that KG is a better defender, but in 5 years as long as Amare's knees hold up, he will be well ahead of KG...Another reason I like the trade is I love KG's passion and work ethic, and I think as far as character goes, there is no one better than him...

Look, I love KG don't get me wrong.. I live here in Wolves country, and a lot of my friends are big fans, in fact my wife works for the Wolves owner, who resides in my town...I just am not sold that he is better than Amare, I think they are about equal...The main reason I would accept the trade is that KG is a better defender, but in 5 years as long as Amare's knees hold up, he will be well ahead of KG...Another reason I like the trade is I love KG's passion and work ethic, and I think as far as character goes, there is no one better than him...

The only think Amare has KG doesn't is the explosion in the paint. KG would much rather shoot from 15-18 feet out then drive in. I mean he can but he is so much better at shooting, passing, and rebounding. So yeah Amare is a better paint scorer but Phenonix has enough of those. They need some who will shut down players like Duncan, and Nowitski. I could only see Minny pulling this trade if they can't get anyone good in FA. Of course I don't think a deal would be worked out until after the draft.

as much as i hate to say it but Amare has the whole future ahead good things to come for him. Trading for KG now would be dumb IMO.

The only think Amare has KG doesn't is the explosion in the paint. KG would much rather shoot from 15-18 feet out then drive in. I mean he can but he is so much better at shooting, passing, and rebounding. So yeah Amare is a better paint scorer but Phenonix has enough of those. They need some who will shut down players like Duncan, and Nowitski. I could only see Minny pulling this trade if they can't get anyone good in FA. Of course I don't think a deal would be worked out until after the draft.
Phoenix has plenty of paint scorers? Besides Amare, and to an extent Marion, who? Anyways, like I said I would say they are equal players right now, with Amare having youth...It seems as though I am not the only one who thinks this considering Amare was 1st team All NBA, and Garnett was 3rd team...

Oh here we go again. :rolleyes2

EVERY SEASON they report some star player that MIGHT end up in Boston. Boston Celtics have some desperate fans.

Wasn't last year Allen Iverson to Boston?

yes :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

The Suns have a brief window while they have Steve Nash. By trading Amare for KG, they would have a better chance at a championship in the next 2-3 years. By hanging onto Amare, they would have a better chance at a championship 5 or 6 years from now. That's basically what this boils down to.

Amare is an excellent player, but he's always struck me as a bit of an odd fit for that team. KG is a bit better fit in the run-and-gun they love, whereas I think Amare needs the offense to center around him a bit more. KG's also a better defender and jump shooter (though Amare has, to his credit, improved in both areas).

I say pull the trigger. Nash has about 125,000 miles on the odometer; he's got 2, maybe 3 more top-flight years in him. Make the most of those now.

Phoenix has plenty of paint scorers? Besides Amare, and to an extent Marion, who? Anyways, like I said I would say they are equal players right now, with Amare having youth...It seems as though I am not the only one who thinks this considering Amare was 1st team All NBA, and Garnett was 3rd team...

Yeah well when you have Steve Nash feeding you the ball thats going to happen.

The Suns have a brief window while they have Steve Nash. By trading Amare for KG, they would have a better chance at a championship in the next 2-3 years. By hanging onto Amare, they would have a better chance at a championship 5 or 6 years from now. That's basically what this boils down to.

Amare is an excellent player, but he's always struck me as a bit of an odd fit for that team. KG is a bit better fit in the run-and-gun they love, whereas I think Amare needs the offense to center around him a bit more. KG's also a better defender and jump shooter (though Amare has, to his credit, improved in both areas).

I say pull the trigger. Nash has about 125,000 miles on the odometer; he's got 2, maybe 3 more top-flight years in him. Make the most of those now.

:yeahthat:

Back
Top Bottom