Kickoff Weekend! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kickoff Weekend!

Skeet84 said:
There is no way Ohio State loses. I mean they would really have to have a miracle to lose

I didn't say they'd lose, I said it was going to be very close and could be an upset. NIU can play with the Big Conference schools, and Wolfe has put up huge numbers against big schools.

When you've got a great RB, against 9 new starters on defense, not only are your rushing yards going to increase, but so is your T.O.P

Also, The Buckeyes lost their two best linemen, Simms and Mangold. Last time the Buckeyes lost their starting C, they struggled the next year (and that year was Mangold's first year starting at C.

ChambersWI said:
I didn't say they'd lose, I said it was going to be very close and could be an upset. NIU can play with the Big Conference schools, and Wolfe has put up huge numbers against big schools.

When you've got a great RB, against 9 new starters on defense, not only are your rushing yards going to increase, but so is your T.O.P

Also, The Buckeyes lost their two best linemen, Simms and Mangold. Last time the Buckeyes lost their starting C, they struggled the next year (and that year was Mangold's first year starting at C.

I agree, the game will be closer than experts are predicting.

Motion said:
:woot: College Football season officially starts tonight!!! :woot:

Some great games this weekend!

Tonight
South Carolina vs. Mississippi State

Saturday
Tennessee vs. Cal
Florida vs. Southern Miss
WVU vs. Marshall
UCLA vs. Utah
Notre Dame vs. GT
Auburn vs. Washington State
USC vs. Arkansas

Monday - Big one!
FSU vs. Miami

Bigger one!

Rutgers at UNC!!!!

Rutgers is going to be a bear this year!!!:wink:

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Bigger one!

Rutgers at UNC!!!!

Rutgers is going to be a bear this year!!!:wink:

I like Rutgers in this game, and yes they are my sleeper team in the Big East. Watch out for Dimitri Linton . . . he was hurt some last year, but the kid from Northeast high school (Fort Lauderdale) may be a big name to watch this year . . . he had an incredible senior season down here, more TD's and yards than Tyrone Moss had at Ely his senior season, if I'm not mistaken. Not to mention they still have some nice WR's.

ChambersWI said:
I can easily see both Ohio State and Notre Dame getting upset (not saying it will happen though).

Garrett Wolfe vs. a very young Buckeyes' D= a lot of rushing yards. Also, how are the Buckeye's going to do on offense after losing not only Santonio Holmes, but their two best linemen in Simms and Mangold? This could very well end up being like TCU vs. OU from last year.

If Reggie Ball can play somewhat respectable at QB, GTech has the offense to keep up with the Irish, and even beat them (neither have a great defense)

Bingo!! Wolfe is nasty man . . . and those Buckeyes lost alot, and I mean alot on defense . . . there starting back 7 is completely gone if I'm not mistaken. I mean OSU should win based on talent, but Wolfe is a beast and will cause that D some hell . . . this definetly wont' be a defensive game, as I can see NIU puttin up 30 points.

Michigan is looking like ****. the oline looks like crap, the WRs and TEs dropping alot of balls, Henne looks unaccurate and unable to go through his progressions most the time.

psh, they better thank god for Mike Hart right now.

Kdawg954 said:
I like Rutgers in this game, and yes they are my sleeper team in the Big East. Watch out for Dimitri Linton . . . he was hurt some last year, but the kid from Northeast high school (Fort Lauderdale) may be a big name to watch this year . . . he had an incredible senior season down here, more TD's and yards than Tyrone Moss had at Ely his senior season, if I'm not mistaken. Not to mention they still have some nice WR's.

People will laugh, but they may have the best WR core top to bottom in college football. The three rookies are studds at Wr along with the hold overs. And Mike Teel (from my town and I'm friends with the Family) will have a great year at QB

And Lenorad and Rice!

If they can only play defense!

Nappy Roots said:
Michigan is looking like ****. the oline looks like crap, the WRs and TEs dropping alot of balls, Henne looks unaccurate and unable to go through his progressions most the time.

psh, they better thank god for Mike Hart right now.

Agreed, sloppy play from everyone.

We have them in our house this year.

:D

NJFINSFAN1 said:
People will laugh, but they may have the best WR core top to bottom in college football. The three rookies are studds at Wr along with the hold overs. And Mike Teel (from my town and I'm friends with the Family) will have a great year at QB

And Lenorad and Rice!

If they can only play defense!

Thats a big statement . . . I know they lost Tre Moses, so I would have thought they went down some (Tho I like Tucker alot), Plus breaking in Teel w/ Hart gone. I don't really know about there freshman class, but I will be sure to check for them.

I always pay atttention to them because I used to be close friends with Markis Facyson and his brother. We recorded a few tracks in the studio, and he was a Dillard high school alumn . . . Then Linton went up there, so I remained a fan.

Troy Smith and The Buckeyes making it look real easy out there. Scoring at will in the first quarter. 21-0 Buckeyes . . . very impressed so far. Ginn has 2 TD's, Smith has thrown for 3 so far.

I'm stuck with Oregon vs. Stanford (in HD).

I have one comment on this game thusfar...Oregon's uniforms are the ugliest I've ever seen....they are atrocious. I love their colours but the unis? :barf:

Back
Top Bottom