Kolb to Arizona is now done. Pressure now on Denver | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kolb to Arizona is now done. Pressure now on Denver

I wonder what Kolbs agent said to the Cardinals, "hey we got a guy here with a 3-7 record and more interceptions than touchdowns who was drafted in the 2nd round 4 years ago, but hey, he has potential, so therefore we need your best Corner, a 2nd round pick, and a crap load of money"

Ryan Leaf had potential 2......

$63 MILLION FOR KEVIN KOLB?!? AND they gave up DRC?!? Good lord.

Freakin Eagles did it again. They duped another foolish team into giving up a lot for a guy that had a total of 7 starts and was benched.

The Cards giving up that much money...speachless...$20 million guaranteed....ridiculous.

This should seal a 4th rounder for Orton. Denver isn't keeping him. They can't. The fanbase would go absolutely ape****. There are no other suitors. This makes the Bush dynamic more interesting. What was the compensation and what does Miami have left to give from the draft? Is the fourth rounder gone? I can't imagine that rumor is true.

AZ never wanted Orton, they were getting Kolb all along but I do agree Miami has leverage b/c no one else wants orton. I'd wait it out to see if they release him.

I dont think they'll cut Orton. They are $20 million under the cap.

since when??? we had reports they were over the cap late last night by like $5 mil

either way let them make the next move...no pressure on us...none...this guys not gonna make that much difference anyways but bleed em dry ireland...don't be a skirt

you gotta be kiddin me....thats unbelievable

I mean, it's obvious that Patrick Peterson is gonna be a stud if he keeps his head on straight, and DRC has become an injury concern. But to give a 2nd and a young CB that has great size and (when healthy) a pro bowl caliber player... good god.

That would be like us giving up either Vontae and a 2nd for Josh Johnson

I think we should just wait. Seriously. Just let Denver feel the pressure and tell them to call us when they are ready to take our 4th rounder or just call their bluff and wait to be released. If anything, we have Henne under a new OC and some new weapons and go from there. We aren't going to the superbowl this year anyway even with Orton. Let's not leverage any more picks unless they are willing to deal on OUR terms. We know Denver will not want to take his cap hit from what I am hearing. Something has to do go down soon as camps are pretty much non-existent and no way do they want the distraction and Tebow needs all the reps he can get with the first team. Time to put the poker face on...

There is no rush to get Orton in camp . . . Miami can wait this out until atleat the weekend to see if Denver blinks.

I mean, it's obvious that Patrick Peterson is gonna be a stud if he keeps his head on straight, and DRC has become an injury concern. But to give a 2nd and a young CB that has great size and (when healthy) a pro bowl caliber player... good god.

and then handing josh johnson a $63 mil deal $20 mil guaranteed

The Broncos are $8 million over the cap. Orton counts for $8.9 million. Armando is right, this thing won't get solved until August 4th, when Orton's number is due (Orton wouldn't be able to practice until then anyway). Until then, expect Sparano to say that Henne's looking "great" in camp.

AZ never wanted Orton, they were getting Kolb all along but I do agree Miami has leverage b/c no one else wants orton. I'd wait it out to see if they release him.

They didn't, but if they couldn't seal a deal with Kolb, I think they would have made a call to Denver, there's no way they could have lost Kolb and went into the season with their current crop.

Don't say that too loud. People around here might think it's a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom