Kraig Urbik released | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kraig Urbik released

By cutting him early they are effectively giving Urbik a few more days to try to land elsewhere. This actually shows some respect for the experienced veteran player. We will probably see a lot more cuts like this, right across the NFL this week. This one surprises me because I thought Urbik provided depth at Guard, but I guess they really like some of the other guys like Jesse Davis, Anthony Steen, Isaac Asiata, Eric Smith and Jake Brendel to provide the O-line depth.

Last edited:
His injury must not be as insignificant as it was first reported.

I think Urbik's release may have been facilitated by the play of Davis and Brendel. Looks like Steen, Davis, Brendel, Smith and possibly Asiata are making the team.

Whoa, I thought Urbick was reasonable last year as a backup. But, to be honest, I wondered who we were keeping on the interior line because we had numbers there. I'm going to take the glass half full view as others have in this thread that the staff is happy enough with Steen, Brendel, and Asiata as interior line backups, with Jesse Davis the odds on favorite to start. Notwithstanding Urbick's injury, he has a reasonable floor as a player.

How does this look
Tunsil
Davis
Pouncey
Bushrod
James

Backup tackle: Smith
Backup Guard: Asiata
Backup swing guard/center: Brendel and Steen

I suppose they'd keep Young as another tackle and the tenth OL. Maybe they can get by with nine. That might be the deepest line we have had in years.

How does it look? It looks like Davis is the guy and he better be good!

Back
Top Bottom