Kraig Urbik released | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kraig Urbik released

He can always be brought back later.
He isnt going to help out of the gate but you never know after he is healed up

You trying to tell me some other squad isn't gonna pick up a talent like Urbik?

Wow, this is a shocker for me. Urbik is good enough to make our roster. Guess the injuries were significant. Regardless, this is a huge vote of confidence for Jesse Davis (G/T) and Jake Brendel (C/G). The primary things that Urbik brought, and what Larsen would have also added, was the ability to play Center and Guard. Steen can do that too, but it appears that the staff prefers Brendel at C and Davis at G to Steen.

Wow, the injury train just keeps chugging along: :(

OL: Larsen, Urbik, Pouncey'ish
QB: Tannehill
RB: Concussions for our starter Ajayi and his backup Drake ... and those type of injuries are cumulative even if they're cleared to play
LB: McMillan (I was really looking forward to seeing him at Mike), Misi
DB: Lippett

Did I forget anyone? Considering we're only 3 games into the pre-season, that's a pretty disheartening list.

Next man up. Welcome to the team Jake Brendel, let's see whatcha got. Jesse Davis, Eric Smith and Isaac Asiata ... the roster is opening up for you if you can prove your worth.

Now if you dont want to think or dont bekieve this is injury related this says more about Brendel. Despite having starting experience at Guard Gase and Co always seemed to view Urbik as a strict center backup

Sounds like this was an injury cut more than anything else. Did we ever get confirmation on the extent?

I don't believe Urbik has enough talent to get signed while he is injured but it wouldn't matter because there is a clause in the injury settlement that keeps him from signing until after week 4. You rarely see teams signing an injured player unless he is a top notch starter. They must have thought he would be out longer than the PUP will allow or they would not have cut him. You also only get to put 2 players on the " IR return" list and Larsen may already be headed down that road.

Injury settlement and release. I suspect he'll be re-signed mid-season when healthy. He's cheap and worth of a backup spot.

Injury settlement and release. I suspect he'll be re-signed mid-season when healthy. He's cheap and worth of a backup spot.

That's what I'm thinking they know he's gonna be out for a certain amount of time and they plan to sign him back after. Cause this offensive line depth wise is not showing well enough to cut serviceable cheap veteran.

Last edited:
I can't think of any player that has come back in season from a torn bicep or tricep and faired well on the oline. Lack of strength in the trenches is a bad recipe. Did Larsen even have surgery? He gonna try to play thru it? Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom