kubiak still wants to be HC!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

kubiak still wants to be HC!!!

There are currently 4 guys in the entire NFL that fit that criteria: Peyton, Brady, Rodgers and Brees.

Would those same guys have fit that criteria in Year 2? Nope! Possibly Manning, but he still had his share of problems still after Year 2. Brees was considered bust material after Year 2, so much so that they drafted a QB to replace him.

I think Tannehill has a higher ceiling than Schaub, and a guy like Kubiak would bring that out.

A better point I've kept trying to bring up is that Kubiak got significantly better production out of everybody he's ever coached on offense. Including John freaking Elway.

Elway threw for over 20 tds 6 times in 16 years. He threw for 22, 22, 25, 26, 26 and 27 tds in various years. Numbers in bold were the four years his offensive coordinator was Gary Kubiak. When he was 35-38 years old. Elway posted four of the five best passer rating numbers of his career (1995-1998). When his offensive coordinator was Gary Kubiak.

It's not about finding an OC who can make the QB look good. It's about finding the OC who will get the most out of the quarterback he's working with, regardless of whether that QB is a Hall of Famer (Elway) or a flat out scrub (Plummer).

exactly. The alternative is getting a mediocre to lousy OC who has no shot at getting a head coaching gig in the future. I think i know which one id rather roll the dice on

and give me back my damn badge :D

Done! :hi5:

There are currently 4 guys in the entire NFL that fit that criteria: Peyton, Brady, Rodgers and Brees.

Would those same guys have fit that criteria in Year 2? Nope! Possibly Manning, but he still had his share of problems still after Year 2. Brees was considered bust material after Year 2, so much so that they drafted a QB to replace him.

I think Tannehill has a higher ceiling than Schaub, and a guy like Kubiak would bring that out.

Funny thing though, Brees didn't do so well without his Coach for a year. Yes the stats were there but finishing 7-9 squeezed between 13-3 and 11-5.

I think Kubiac would make a great hire. His bootleg calls alone would make RT look 10x's better - actually using our QB's strength's!

Whisenhunt got the Chargers to the divisional round, if Kubiak can help like that, bring him in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So essentially youre comparing Tannehill to Schaub and suggesting he needs a great OC to make him look good.

And this is the guy you all want to be our QB? Personally, Id like to have a QB that makes all of his OC's look like geniuses and lands them HC gigs as a result.

Well, you can WISH for that QB in one hand and CRAP in the other one and see which one fills up faster!! The point is if you get a chance to MAXIMIZE your talent with supperb caching, then you do so.

The Miami job is near perfect for Kubiak. If he does his job and the Dolphins improve there will be head coaching offers next season. If he does his job, but the team struggles as a whole Philbin could be fired and Kubiak would be the first in line in house candidate. The only way it goes bad for Kubiak is if he comes in and does a horrible job as an OC.

Back
Top Bottom