Kyle Trask | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyle Trask

Kebo

I'm your huckleberry
Reaction score
That was an epic fail. He might as well quit football. That was embarrassing. Inevitable bust! Lol

All those opt outs killed him. Pitts, Toney, & Grimes made him look a lot better than he is. Jacob Copeland didn't even play. Trask was throwing to a bunch of scout team guys that he had no chemistry with and had no idea where they would be when he tried to anticipate.

Oklahoma figured out Trask is a one read quarterback that threw the ball to his first read whether he was covered or not because those skill guys are good. It worked out for him most of the time. He's never worked through progressions and the arm is average.

You knew Florida was in trouble when some of the players started running their mouth about Oklahoma last week, only to have all the talent quit and leave the scout team to back it up. At least Trask had the guts to show up. All those that left him high and dry ought to be absolutely ashamed they did that to their teammate.

At least they showed videos of one of the players who sat out "encouraging" his team while he quit and is sitting at the house. Like any of Florida's players should care what a guy that sat out has to say. Embarrassing what we're teaching our younger generation.

I think he is like Payton Manning, that's my comp. Maybe late career Manning.
He does not have strong arm, a lot of throws hang in the air. all of them. Trusk also throws a lot of tight window throws.
And when you do not have your 50/50 weapons, and do not throw with strong arm, and throw in tight windows, bad things will happen.
Biggest problem for Trask, moving into NFL, is arm strength, soft arm. Otherwise, let's say he had a strong arm and was throwing like that, he'd be top 5, inspite of the performance last night.

At least now ya'll know what "opt out to prepare for the draft" really means. Sit on the couch and make cell phone videos to mock your teammates that had the nuts to show up.

Trask is somewhere between Joe Burrow and Mason Rudolph. Just depends on who he's throwing to.

I think those are good general comps. Burrow was a champ tho, and Burrow can throw with zip and is mobile. I think WIlson is close comp to Burrow.
I also think Rudolph has better arm than Trask. For that reason Id put Trask as day 3 value.

Senior crop of QB's is by and large always going to be day 3 outside of a few outliers here and there. Usually all project as backups at best. Senior crop is typically where teams look that are in the market to develop a backup.

I don't fully agree with Pach about the opt outs but it did seem phony to hear from the guys who passed on that game "supporting" their teammates.

I have no problem with guys skipping Bowl games but don't make a video saying how much you support your team.

I was embarrassed by that showing last night from the whole team. I hear the excuses about the opt outs and the lack of preparation, but that wasn't good enough for a UF team. Hope this is the last we see of Grantham, Mullen too on notice for losing 4 games with the talent we had on O this year.

Anyway to Trask, hindsight is 20/20 and it would be totally out of character for him but the kid should have sat out last night when every single one of his weapons did. It's cost him his prospects of the first round, perhaps even the 2nd. And more importantly for me at least, we need to get the Emory Jones era to start.

Side note, I have an irrational hate for that Spencer Rattler, just exudes arrogance, such a little punk.

Side note, I have an irrational hate for that Spencer Rattler, just exudes arrogance, such a little punk.

That’s a prerequisite for playing quarterback at Choklahoma. Champs of the meaningless bowl games.

Love to see em get run outta the stadium every time the committee puts em in the playoff.

Side note: Bama’s colors are very different from Choklahoma’s up close. Somebody is lying about the color crimson.

I was embarrassed by that showing last night from the whole team. I hear the excuses about the opt outs and the lack of preparation, but that wasn't good enough for a UF team. Hope this is the last we see of Grantham, Mullen too on notice for losing 4 games with the talent we had on O this year.

Anyway to Trask, hindsight is 20/20 and it would be totally out of character for him but the kid should have sat out last night when every single one of his weapons did. It's cost him his prospects of the first round, perhaps even the 2nd. And more importantly for me at least, we need to get the Emory Jones era to start.

Did you ever see the video of him completely tearing down his own teammate back in HS? The kid is incredibly talented but that showed me how much of an arrogant punk he really is.

Yeah his team fvcked him. I never in a million years would’ve thought this guy was even draftable if you would’ve asked me 2 yrs ago but if he can be picked in the 3rd-5th round range I think he’s worth a look. I see him as more of a potential quality backup though, not competition with Tua.

Since Trask is on my... I hope he slides list, I was quite happy with that performance. His loss my be our gain.

Yup, my thoughts exactly. Less QBs rated as 1st rounders drives up the worth of the others, thus improving our chance of a trade down if the Texans pick is 3rd.

Rattler is a talent. Made some incredible throws in this game. Two in a row that were bad drops at the end of the first/start of the second.

Back
Top Bottom