Kyle Trask | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyle Trask

Rattler is going to be real fun to watch over the next couple years

I think Trask projects as an NFL high level backup. He literally didn’t have any of his top weapons and it was 1 bad game. The week before he picked apart bamas defense

That’s a prerequisite for playing quarterback at Choklahoma. Champs of the meaningless bowl games.

Love to see em get run outta the stadium every time the committee puts em in the playoff.

Side note: Bama’s colors are very different from Choklahoma’s up close. Somebody is lying about the color crimson.
Hey buddy....just a question...with the way everyone here keeps flip flopping on players..
based on one game....Have you ever changed your evaluation of a player based on one game...good or bad?

Hey buddy....just a question...with the way everyone here keeps flip flopping on players..
based on one game....Have you ever changed your evaluation of a player based on one game...good or bad?

Yes.

Well, not necessarily changed my opinion, but confirmed what I felt my opinion already was, just needed the player to give me a reason to lock it in.

Fields is a Watson level talent with a bigger arm. He just struggled against good defenses without his top receivers like anybody else would.

He struggles reading defenses and beating the blitz because he doesn’t always use his athleticism the way he should, and the ball doesn’t always come out of his hand right because his mechanics are off sometimes.

I said he was a beast if he took those humblings the right way. That was an admirable performance last night. But the thing I loved the most was what he kept saying about it. All he kept saying was how it was for his teammates and how much he loved em and wasn’t going to let them down.

That’s the exception nowadays instead of the rule.

Does the fact Clemson losing their ML hurt that evaluation?
But I’m really talking about Trevor....I just haven’t seen a lot of progression from his freshman year to last night?

Does the fact Clemson losing their ML hurt that evaluation?
But I’m really talking about Trevor....I just haven’t seen a lot of progression from his freshman year to last night?

Trevor has flaws. I’ve been trying to get people to see em for years. But you just can’t penetrate that dislike a lot of people have for Alabama. You know that.

Totally agree on Lawrence, Namor hit's it's perfectly, the kid peaked in his freshman year. The cupcake schedules they've faced, not really his fault that the ACC isn't packed with defensive powerhouses, have impacted his development in my view, under pressure last night he was again, like last year in the playoffs, far from convincing. Idon't see that ability to manipulate the pocket unless it's pre defined, his awareness in there too could use work.

I'm also not convinced about his ball placement and short to intermediate routes. He has this tendancy to throw high or in the ground, it was the same in the playoffs last year and really showed up when Tee Higgins left the game, he suddenly didn't have tat big target. Last night, a lot of the time when he madea completion the WR had to stretch up to take it allowing no YAC, one exception was the TD that hit the WR in stride, but for me I didn't seed enough of those.

Admitedly, I don't generally watch a lot of Clemson's blow out wins, I usually get to about the 2nd quarter and my interest has waned, so perhaps I'm just getting Trevor on his bad days, but I really don't see the complete "generational talent" package there. Great prospect, yes, #1 draft pick, unquestionably, but not the slam dunk people keep telling me he is, I thought Luck was way more complete coming out that Lawrence is tbh.

Fields made a couple big time NFL throws last night that I have not seen from him.

Coupled with his display of grit and toughness he really helped himself.

If he matches that performance against Bama(who does not have a vintage Bama defense this year)he may give JAX something to think about.

It will be interesting to see what Saban comes up with to try to stop that OH ST offense.

What is the record for highest scoring Championship Game? ;)

Bet the Over!

Yes.

Well, not necessarily changed my opinion, but confirmed what I felt my opinion already was, just needed the player to give me a reason to lock it in.

Fields is a Watson level talent with a bigger arm. He just struggled against good defenses without his top receivers like anybody else would.

He struggles reading defenses and beating the blitz because he doesn’t always use his athleticism the way he should, and the ball doesn’t always come out of his hand right because his mechanics are off sometimes.

I said he was a beast if he took those humblings the right way. That was an admirable performance last night. But the thing I loved the most was what he kept saying about it. All he kept saying was how it was for his teammates and how much he loved em and wasn’t going to let them down.

That’s the exception nowadays instead of the rule.

Sounds like a Tua-ism.

Actually Devontae said the same thing. That its because of his team, special teams and especially their defense for why he performed like he did and getting him prepared.

Back
Top Bottom