Kyler Murray | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kyler Murray

The “he has talent” or “elite talent” is so overhyped these days. Since when did having obvious physical talent, I.e. size/speed/arm strength etc become the only barometer of talent? It seems that some have forgot about things such as vision, anticipation, pocket presence, accuracy, mental toughness, etc. and all the other intangibles that actually make a great QB. Murray will probably never be an elite QB in the NFL. He has way too many mental and maturity shortcomings. He will probably be out of the league soon pursuing baseball due to his immaturity and mental weakness.

Good attitudes are overrated. Tim Tebow had a great attitude.

They should be all over it if they are smart. I'm guessing McDaniels, who was part of org when they gave up 3 1st rounders and a 3rd rounder for Trey Lance knows the value of a QB.

They should be all over it if they are smart. I'm guessing McDaniels, who was part of org when they gave up 3 1st rounders and a 3rd rounder for Trey Lance knows the value of a QB.

Yep and if he's happy with ours so am I

If not I'm sure he would not hesitate going after another one.

Yep and if he's happy with ours so am I

If not I'm sure he would not hesitate going after another one.
Not sure why you are so sure it's his call to make. Ross made it pretty clear in his press conference who he reports up to.

Not sure why you are so sure it's his call to make. Ross made it pretty clear in his press conference who he reports up to.

If the new coach wanted a new QB he would get one

Who knows after next year he just might and with 2 first round picks he could move up and get one

Tua might be perfect for his offense. We shall see how it plays out

If the new coach wanted a new QB he would get one

Who knows after next year he just might and with 2 first round picks he could move up and get one

Tua might be perfect for his offense. We shall see how it plays out
I don't think that's necessarily the case. The job could have been predicated on him giving Tua a year. It doesn't mean he's happy with it, it's just a job requirement.

I think it warrants a serious discussion. He’s got a big arm for a little dude and he’s immensely athletic.

I gotta agree that his demeanor is very off putting but you gotta believe that he also really cares about winning and especially hates losing. He appears to be a bit of a spoiled baby, which is something he has in common with temper tantrum Tom Brady.

If the Cardinals decided to shop Murray, no doubt that Miami’s offer wouldn’t be the highest. If they had interest in Tua however, a deal could be had.

I think we can win with Tua if enough is around him but I can’t help but want greatness from that position too.

Good attitudes are overrated. Tim Tebow had a great attitude.

Good attitudes are overrated? C’mon!
Tebow is a horrible example here as well. Dude didn’t have the talent for NFL QB obviously. However, having a good attitude is generally an indicator for so many other quality traits/characteristics that enable one to succeed in ones given profession. Too many QB’s had so much talent only to fail due to their poor attitude. I’m NOT saying Kyler does or doesn’t have an attitude problem, I simply don’t know. I like the kid and always have, but I’m not betting on him becoming a top 10 qb in the NFL due to other things I’ve seen. IMO, fans far too often look at physical talent and sell short the mental makeup of the player.

Good attitudes are overrated? C’mon!
Tebow is a horrible example here as well. Dude didn’t have the talent for NFL QB obviously. However, having a good attitude is generally an indicator for so many other quality traits/characteristics that enable one to succeed in ones given profession. Too many QB’s had so much talent only to fail due to their poor attitude. I’m NOT saying Kyler does or doesn’t have an attitude problem, I simply don’t know. I like the kid and always have, but I’m not betting on him becoming a top 10 qb in the NFL due to other things I’ve seen. IMO, fans far too often look at physical talent and sell short the mental makeup of the player.
He's already a top 10 QB. The better question is if he's a top 5 QB. He was playing like a top 3-5 QB in the beginning of the season.

You folks are bananas if you don't want him.

He's already a top 10 QB. The better question is if he's a top 5 QB. He was playing like a top 3-5 QB in the beginning of the season.

You folks are bananas if you don't want him.

Well, that’s ur opine. I can say the same thing about those wanting a guy who’s not happy, appearing to want out, when he’s been given everything he could want to succeed. As if, suddenly he will magically be happy when he’s here. Highly doubt it.

Well, that’s ur opine. I can say the same thing about those wanting a guy who’s not happy, appearing to want out, when he’s been given everything he could want to succeed. As if, suddenly he will magically be happy when he’s here. Highly doubt it.
Well if he's unhappy, he's still a top 10 QB. That's what he was this past season. If he's happy, maybes he's top 3-5.

You folks underestimate how rare and difficult it is to get a QB of his caliber, and I'm not sure why after the last 20+ years.

Well if he's unhappy, he's still a top 10 QB. That's what he was this past season. If he's happy, maybes he's top 3-5.

You folks underestimate how rare and difficult it is to get a QB of his caliber, and I'm not sure why after the last 20+ years.
I want a TEAM player not a selfish and individual driven one. That’s what wins consistently and what ultimately wins championships. If he’s not happy at a place that was tailor-made for him, assuming he will magically be happy here is fools gold. Say what you will about his supposed top tier status, he hasn’t done anything yet. He has choked repeatedly at big moments with big time talent supporting him. That is also fact. To give up an ass load of picks, and then cap space to boot, then assume ALL will be perfect is a steep price and a pipe dream.

You’re underestimating the cost of acquiring him.

And assuming things will be just fine if they do and they he won’t be a malcontent here the way he is there. Neither are safe assumptions.

Back
Top Bottom