L. White picked by the Fins> | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

L. White picked by the Fins>

Agent51 said:
I think it'd be a waste for a bunch of reasons.

1: We have way more important needs than RB to waste our 1st rounder on one when we already took a franchise RB in round one last year

2: We had Ricky and Ronnie last year and didnt seem to effectively use them. If anything it just gave away what we would be doing to the opponent whe one or the other was in. I also think it HURT Ronnie, Ricky too, because it seemed like everytime they'd get somefortable and into a rhythm the other would be subbed in and BAM, there goes the momentum. There was just so much potential there and I don't think we used it effectively.

3: Nobody knows what is going on whith him lately. He was great this year, I think he was the better RUNNING BACK (in terms of pure runner, not all around player) at USC, and he was the only real effective part of the "unstoppable offense" in the Rose Bowl against my Longhorns. HOWEVER, his weight is going crazy, hes got high body fat, and, for a POWER running back he had one of the lowest numbers of bench reps at the combine. I don't usually judge a guy on his combine but that raised a red flag in my book. I know he has the hamstring injusry, which is just another red flag oin terms of how he will recover, but a hammy doesnt effect bench pressing, and he did HORRIBLE, he got out benched by tiny Reggie Bush and was towards the bottom of the reps list for ALL positions, not just RB.

L White

SEASONATTYDSAVGTDRECYDSAVGTD2005197.01302.06.6241421915.62

Thanks for the post and the well thought out reasoning. I post White's #'s for those who can't seem to remember or never saw the kid play , so it's not directed at you.

Like I said , I apprieciate the well thought out reply. As I mentioned , I was wanting some thought on the pick SHOULD we lose Rick to suspension. Myself, I like having two quality backs. I thought both backs did well and if menory serves , Ronnie was hurt at one point and couldn't go in a some games. The luxury of having another great back paid off.

Thanks for the sensible reply.

Back
Top Bottom