L. White picked by the Fins> | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

L. White picked by the Fins>

Roman529 said:
LenDale could barely do ONE bench press....not sure how much was on the bar but it was not much. He just looked like a lazy guy...I am sure he never worked hard at USC. This guy is the next Maurice Clarett.

i wouldnt take it that far...( maurice clarett )

You have to be kidding me? We signed Beasly and have Barnes/Morris that can play the FB position. Now with more glaring needs at DB, OL, LB, QB (backup), why would you even consider taking a RB with the 16th pick? I have to say all you who think this, or even let this thought of taking a RB at pick #16 cross your mind as something logical, should just....well, let me not say....:fire: Aside of the bashing, be reasonable. We have a stud in the making, and we don't need another stud RB at the expense of filling a need, with a stud of that position. If we had a 5th or 6th round pick I could see it then. I wouldn't waste a pick in the first 4 rounds on a RB.

Roman529 said:
LenDale could barely do ONE bench press....not sure how much was on the bar but it was not much. He just looked like a lazy guy...I am sure he never worked hard at USC. This guy is the next Maurice Clarett.

:sidelol::sidelol:..damn that's harsh!!!!! haha..

It's like going to prom and forgeting to pick up the girl..one of the most important days of his life and he bombs it.How could he be so dumb and show up to the combine out of shape and almost get out bench pressed by the punter...I agree this guy smells of bust.

Dolfan11 said:
You have to be kidding me? We signed Beasly and have Barnes/Morris that can play the FB position. Now with more glaring needs at DB, OL, LB, QB (backup), why would you even consider taking a RB with the 16th pick? I have to say all you who think this, or even let this thought of taking a RB at pick #16 cross your mind as something logical, should just....well, let me not say....:fire: Aside of the bashing, be reasonable. We have a stud in the making, and we don't need another stud RB at the expense of filling a need, with a stud of that position. If we had a 5th or 6th round pick I could see it then. I wouldn't waste a pick in the first 4 rounds on a RB.

Your not saying that White is a 5th or 6th round pick , are you?

lol i like the Jamar Fletcher joke lol........but it would be a good pick

I wasn't joking, and no that would not be a good pick.

Yeah, lets pick a guy with the attitude of Ryan Leaf, at a position we dont need. Brilliant.

Unbelievable.

MiamiMan147 said:
I wasn't joking, and no that would not be a good pick.

Yeah, lets pick a guy with the attitude of Ryan Leaf, at a position we dont need. Brilliant.

Unbelievable.

Nice. Fletcher & Leaf. O.K.

I dont care if Ricky misses the next 6 years, that would be a wasted pick when you have Ronnie Brown

If we go offense I think it will be Santonio Holmes or Chad Jackson

Mr Yu said:
Your not saying that White is a 5th or 6th round pick , are you?

Negative. Just saying that if we had a 5th or 6th round pick, I wouldn't mind using it on a RB. Since we only have a 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 7, I don't see us drafting a RB unless it's in the 7th.

No thanks on the fat guy with the bum leg.

Mr Yu said:
Here's a thought: Not knowing today what will happen with Rick (some say 20% chance he beats the case ) and with a need at Fullback , what if he White falls to us? A split backfield ? You need quality RB's in this league. Thoughts? ( He says grinding his teeth)

I think it'd be a waste for a bunch of reasons.

1: We have way more important needs than RB to waste our 1st rounder on one when we already took a franchise RB in round one last year

2: We had Ricky and Ronnie last year and didnt seem to effectively use them. If anything it just gave away what we would be doing to the opponent whe one or the other was in. I also think it HURT Ronnie, Ricky too, because it seemed like everytime they'd get somefortable and into a rhythm the other would be subbed in and BAM, there goes the momentum. There was just so much potential there and I don't think we used it effectively.

3: Nobody knows what is going on whith him lately. He was great this year, I think he was the better RUNNING BACK (in terms of pure runner, not all around player) at USC, and he was the only real effective part of the "unstoppable offense" in the Rose Bowl against my Longhorns. HOWEVER, his weight is going crazy, hes got high body fat, and, for a POWER running back he had one of the lowest numbers of bench reps at the combine. I don't usually judge a guy on his combine but that raised a red flag in my book. I know he has the hamstring injusry, which is just another red flag oin terms of how he will recover, but a hammy doesnt effect bench pressing, and he did HORRIBLE, he got out benched by tiny Reggie Bush and was towards the bottom of the reps list for ALL positions, not just RB.

Mr Yu said:
Here's a thought: Not knowing today what will happen with Rick (some say 20% chance he beats the case ) and with a need at Fullback , what if he White falls to us? A split backfield ? You need quality RB's in this league. Thoughts? ( He says grinding his teeth)
I'm speechless.

Back
Top Bottom