lakers celtics nba finals thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

lakers celtics nba finals thread

if the celts are healthy and playing D its over. my hate for the lakers clouds my judgment but it doesn't make a difference. kobe can suck it.

Game 3 tonight. Tied at one.
347cfp0-1.jpg

that one hurt...no way around it...paul pierce and ray allen (0 for 13) no show...paul pierce in foul trouble (questionable at that) all game

better win the next 2 or the series is over

No way the Celtics recover from this one. Lakers just too much for them. This series could be over in Boston.

2-2...still haven't gotten the whistle for a game overall in this series...

although we did get a block call on an obvious charge against kobe late

Boring game for the first three quarters. Looked like no one wanted to win it. Celtics bench came up big in the 4th. I get the feeling the Lakers are just toying with them though....being able to turn it on at any time. Just my gut feeling.

good series so far. the celtics bench was the obvious difference tonight. neither team was really played as well as they can - the best is yet to come IMO. i'm extending it one game and saying celts in 7.

You really think the Celtics can beat the Lakers 2 out of the next three games? And two of those are in LA?

If they do...they deserve to be champs.

But I don't think they can. Lakers are just too much for them.

sure i do. i look at it like this: you've got to stop 4 guys on the celtics or hope a few of them just decide not to show up - which they've lucked out and thats happened a few times. when healthy they're the most dangerous team in basketball. for the lakers you've only really got to stop kobe and just jeep the other guys in check. and with that D that rivers has i don't see it as too much of a stretch. besides, if they win the next game they'll only have to win one in LA, right?

sure i do. i look at it like this: you've got to stop 4 guys on the celtics or hope a few of them just decide not to show up - which they've lucked out and thats happened a few times. when healthy they're the most dangerous team in basketball. for the lakers you've only really got to stop kobe and just jeep the other guys in check. and with that D that rivers has i don't see it as too much of a stretch. besides, if they win the next game they'll only have to win one in LA, right?
Well the Celts did what they needed to do in game 5, but pooched it big time in game 6. This sets up the classic game seven between these storied franchises. I doubted the Celts could beat the Lakers two out of the last three games, and I still don't. Home court advantage back to the Lakers, and that is huge. Game 7 on the line, in your own arena, with a Kobe Bryant that refuses to lose and elevates and makes players around him that much better. Plus Perkins is probably not going to play, and if he does...limited. Celtic fans cry fowl I am sure, I remember the Detroit Pistons winning a championship, against my Lakers, because of a Magic Johnson hamstring. But.....Celtics fans shouldn't really complain because Andrew Bynam has played hurt in this series, and seems to be getting worse every game.....so.....stop whining Celtic fans. It should be a great game.

Well the Celts did what they needed to do in game 5, but pooched it big time in game 6. This sets up the classic game seven between these storied franchises. I doubted the Celts could beat the Lakers two out of the last three games, and I still don't. Home court advantage back to the Lakers, and that is huge. Game 7 on the line, in your own arena, with a Kobe Bryant that refuses to lose and elevates and makes players around him that much better. Plus Perkins is probably not going to play, and if he does...limited. Celtic fans cry fowl I am sure, I remember the Detroit Pistons winning a championship, against my Lakers, because of a Magic Johnson hamstring. But.....Celtics fans shouldn't really complain because Andrew Bynam has played hurt in this series, and seems to be getting worse every game.....so.....stop whining Celtic fans. It should be a great game.

can't ever complain about injuries - they happen and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. big blow to the celts but size isn't the problem with the lakers - they can match it with garnett and washed up wallace. they just can't play like a bunch of old men like they've done in the losses. have to come out with intensity - especially on D - and not let up all game. if they let the lakers get momentum and start playing scared its over. and let's not forget how mediocre the 3 first ballot HOFers on the celts have played thus far. should be a great game.

i've torn my medial and posterior cruciate ligaments before playing hoops...its not a career ender by any means...but it's a good 6 months recovery time...i can't remember which of the 2 ligaments it is but one of them will heal on its own...

perk should be fine long term...unless they go in there and see something unexpected shredded...

i still think the celtics have the veteran moxie to win game 7 in los angeles but the loss of perk for post defense and another available 6 fouls is a big one...

and i think given this celtics teams age they decided to save their legs for game 7 in game 6...

Back
Top Bottom