LAL vs. SAS The Showdown Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LAL vs. SAS The Showdown Thread

LAKERS in 7!

Just a question as to in which game and which player will Robert Horry hurt. I like the guy don't get me wrong, but he just happens to be in the center of that sort of thing time and time again.

When has Horry ever hurt someone?

Nash? Not hurt.

West? Not hurt.

Anyone else?

Horry hasn't done anything wrong either time...When has a hip check ever been something thats never happened in the NBA?Has anybody ever watched the old Pistons-Bulls series of the 90's?Thats just one example.Todays NBA has become to soft.Oh but because it was Steve Nash and the medias beloved Suns,this whole thing got blown way out of proportion.Nobody talks about Nash's flop.

What was wrong with the screen that Horry set on West?Nothing was ever said about the screen Chandler set on Parker and rightly so,but both were hard screens.Its because once again,the media hates the Spurs,and it made a good story.What was Horry supposed to do?Say to himself,'"Man I shouldn't set this screen because I know the young fella has a bad back"....More than anything he (West) shouldn't have even been in the game,it was already out of hand.

The media hates the Spurs as do many fans.So...what do they do?Try to find anything they can to downplay anything the Spurs do good.Nothing new here.Its their chance to have an orgasm.

I think this series (with LA), will come down to intangibles.Something that will put the Spurs over the top.

Ever wonder why you never see a Spurs gatorade commercial?Probably not,but the league doesnt want to market the Spurs because they are small market.They dont generate enough revenue.Hmmmm,makes you think a bit huh?I mean not even ONE commercial,and they are the DEFENDING CHAMPS?Not that Spurs fans really care about that,but I thought Id just point that out.

Horry hasn't done anything wrong either time...When has a hip check ever been something thats never happened in the NBA?Has anybody ever watched the old Pistons-Bulls series of the 90's?Thats just one example.Todays NBA has become to soft.Oh but because it was Steve Nash and the medias beloved Suns,this whole thing got blown way out of proportion.Nobody talks about Nash's flop.

What was wrong with the screen that Horry set on West?Nothing was ever said about the screen Chandler set on Parker and rightly so,but both were hard screens.Its because once again,the media hates the Spurs,and it made a good story.What was Horry supposed to do?Say to himself,'"Man I shouldn't set this screen because I know the young fella has a bad back"....More than anything he (West) shouldn't have even been in the game,it was already out of hand.

The media hates the Spurs as do many fans.So...what do they do?Try to find anything they can to downplay anything the Spurs do good.Nothing new here.Its their chance to have an orgasm.

I think this series (with LA), will come down to intangibles.Something that will put the Spurs over the top.

Ever wonder why you never see a Spurs gatorade commercial?Probably not,but the league doesnt want to market the Spurs because they are small market.They dont generate enough revenue.Hmmmm,makes you think a bit huh?I mean not even ONE commercial,and they are the DEFENDING CHAMPS?Not that Spurs fans really care about that,but I thought Id just point that out.

I'd rather see Tim Duncan raise the Larry O'Brien trophy rather then raising a ****ing cheeseburger in a commercial. Damn being liked by the media, fans and anyone else. Winning is all that matters. That's why they play the game.

I ain't concerned about the commercials, acting gigs on a terrible Flava Flav show or being on another terrible dancing show.

Same yada,yada year after year.Same result...Media hates Spurs,writes crap..Spurs win, ratings suck.Sports writing has really plummeted throughout the last few years..

If these clowns didn't write this stuff the Spurs would get the respect they deserve.Of course thats not really what the league wants either.

I'd rather see Tim Duncan raise the Larry O'Brien trophy rather then raising a ****ing cheeseburger in a commercial. Damn being liked by the media, fans and anyone else. Winning is all that matters. That's why they play the game.

I ain't concerned about the commercials, acting gigs on a terrible Flava Flav show or being on another terrible dancing show.

Like I said, I realize Spurs fans generally don't care about that kind of stuff,but how does professional sport almost TOTALLY let their champion go unrecognized for its achievements?And trash them every chance they get,then complain about the ratings sucking.Doesn't make sense.Once again it doesn't really bother me because they have been winning.Just pointing that out.

the league has nothing to do with who gatorade deicdes to use to advertise their product. Yes the league and other fans don't wanna see Spurs win it again, because frankly spurs arent that entertaining to watch period! Besides Spurs fans, I can safely say that the majority of the rest of us don't like to watch the Spurs. Nothing against 'em and I'm sure they nor you Spurs' fans care, but its the truth. When Spurs are rolling its because they're playing hard, gritty, shutdown defense, which isnt really that much fun to watch. I respect the Spurs (except Bowen), but I wanna see Lakers and Celtics in the finals.

LAKERS in 7!

Just a question as to in which game and which player will Robert Horry hurt. I like the guy don't get me wrong, but he just happens to be in the center of that sort of thing time and time again.

Dude, seriously ... Big Shot has 1 (ONE) cheap shot (last year) on his resume. Don't even try to give me that time and time again BS.

D7, you have no idea what you are talking about.

About 5 1/2 hours 'til tip off. The Western Conference Finals are upon us!

GO SPURS GO!

the league has nothing to do with who gatorade deicdes to use to advertise their product. Yes the league and other fans don't wanna see Spurs win it again, because frankly spurs arent that entertaining to watch period! Besides Spurs fans, I can safely say that the majority of the rest of us don't like to watch the Spurs. Nothing against 'em and I'm sure they nor you Spurs' fans care, but its the truth. When Spurs are rolling its because they're playing hard, gritty, shutdown defense, which isnt really that much fun to watch. I respect the Spurs (except Bowen), but I wanna see Lakers and Celtics in the finals.

Oh,but the league does have a hand in who they want to market.Don't give me that.And what about the Spurs isn't entertaining to watch?Please explain to me..

Ginobli and Parker play beautiful basketball.The Spurs rebound,play great defense,and make some of the most amazing assists.You must not really watch the Spurs much,because they play some awesome offense.You cant win in the NBA with a meager offense.Your'e entitled to your opinion as it doesn't mean much to me,but please tell us whats so not entertaining about a team like this.Especially since they've won 4 championships.

And to me a Celtics-Lakers finals wouldn't be that entertaining because these two teams don't hate each other like they did 20-25 years ago.Wheres the rivalry?It definitely wouldn't have the same meaning as the Bird/Magic series.

But keep listening to and following what the media clowns tell you.

sorry Dre but Lakers in 6.

either way its going to be a tough series.

Sorry,but Spurs in 6.It wont hearth my feelings...:woot:

And I do like to watch them. Just a difference of opinion. No big deal

Same yada,yada year after year.Same result...Media hates Spurs,writes crap..Spurs win, ratings suck.Sports writing has really plummeted throughout the last few years..

If these clowns didn't write this stuff the Spurs would get the respect they deserve.Of course thats not really what the league wants either.

Like I said, I realize Spurs fans generally don't care about that kind of stuff,but how does professional sport almost TOTALLY let their champion go unrecognized for its achievements?And trash them every chance they get,then complain about the ratings sucking.Doesn't make sense.Once again it doesn't really bother me because they have been winning.Just pointing that out.

It's always been this way man. SA is small market. They can't and shouldn't have to compete with LA, NY and Chicago for ratings.

Oh,but the league does have a hand in who they want to market.Don't give me that.And what about the Spurs isn't entertaining to watch?Please explain to me..

Ginobli and Parker play beautiful basketball.The Spurs rebound,play great defense,and make some of the most amazing assists.You must not really watch the Spurs much,because they play some awesome offense.You cant win in the NBA with a meager offense.Your'e entitled to your opinion as it doesn't mean much to me,but please tell us whats so not entertaining about a team like this.Especially since they've won 4 championships.

And to me a Celtics-Lakers finals wouldn't be that entertaining because these two teams don't hate each other like they did 20-25 years ago.Wheres the rivalry?It definitely wouldn't have the same meaning as the Bird/Magic series.

But keep listening to and following what the media clowns tell you.
first, calm down. No one is out to get your beloved Spurs. They've won 4 titles in the past decade so relax already.

Now, I never said Spurs had a meager offense, but theres no doubt that the Spurs like the game speed slow and the score low. Now as an impartial fan with my team long gone even before the allstar break, I know I speak for a majority of the fans when I say I'd have preferred a Hornets-Lakers series because I, like most fans, like watching high scoring games. Also I don't listen to the "media clowns" to make my decisions, so refrain from making such assumptions. Yes this Lakers-Celtics doesnt have the same Bird-Magic rivalry. But it poses newer angles. KG trying to win his first along with a baskebtall powerhouse that has been rather dormant for the last 2 decades. Kobe trying to get the monkey off his back that he can't win a ring without Shaq who has already won one with out Kobe. These storylines are simply more exciting than watching Spurs compete for their 5th title in this past decade.

first, calm down. No one is out to get your beloved Spurs. They've won 4 titles in the past decade so relax already.

Now, I never said Spurs had a meager offense, but theres no doubt that the Spurs like the game speed slow and the score low. Now as an impartial fan with my team long gone even before the allstar break, I know I speak for a majority of the fans when I say I'd have preferred a Hornets-Lakers series because I, like most fans, like watching high scoring games. Also I don't listen to the "media clowns" to make my decisions, so refrain from making such assumptions. Yes this Lakers-Celtics doesnt have the same Bird-Magic rivalry. But it poses newer angles. KG trying to win his first along with a baskebtall powerhouse that has been rather dormant for the last 2 decades. Kobe trying to get the monkey off his back that he can't win a ring without Shaq who has already won one with out Kobe. These storylines are simply more exciting than watching Spurs compete for their 5th title in this past decade.

:lol: O I'm calm..Dont worry about me,but you can tell Ive been a fan of the Spurs for over 20 years.So Ive seen the team go through alot.I remember when the Lakers used to knock the Spurs out of the playoffs it seemed like EVERY time.So when they finally got over the hump I was ecstatic.When I started watching the Spurs the Iceman was the star on the team.They never got over the hump,but I still loved my Spurs.So a player like KG while a good player,I don't feel sorry for,and honestly couldn't care less if he ever won a title.

I guess what I really want to say is,Im not at all surprised any fan of any other team feels the same way you do (especially a Laker fan).The Spurs over the course of the last 11-12 years have been winning pretty consistently,the only thing they haven't done is the back-to-back.That should be intriguing enough to anybody.That plus the fact this would be Duncans 5th title.The only thing I'm pointing out here, is the league could do more to market the Spurs.After all they are a consistent winner,and have one of best players of all-time on their squad.

They don't always have to play up a Celtics vs Lakers series to get ratings.

However the Spurs don't really get ratings partially because their players aren't in the news,hardly,if ever.They just win and go home.

WTF up with the 6:15pm PST start. Fn Stern we have to work out here in LA to make a living then you have 1hr of traffic your lucky if we watch the game at 7:30pm PST.

Back
Top Bottom