Landry is not getting a contract this season | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry is not getting a contract this season

Ridiculous to give Kiko and Branch the money they got and not Landry. That would make zero sense. I just think they're very far apart in money and the Dolphins FO have probably already decided to just tag him next year. Another mistake.

It's stupid really. He's not a one year wonder. Pay the man. I will lose all respect for this team and the whole "take care of our own" deal if our most consistently productive player isn't taken care of.

I'll always say it.... I love Adam Gase but that front office is idiotic from top to bottom. Still can't believe they prioritized Branch over a top flight guard in free agency.

They prioritized DE and LB, two positions that look weak without those players, over WR, a position that would still be decent to good with a healthy Parker and the emergence of their 2016 3rd round pick.

Now of course they go DE/LB in the draft because they had those guys as BPA . . .and those positions were still weaker than a WR group without Landry.

If you ask me, you are looking at a much better run front office, and part of that is because of Adam Gase's input.

You think if Adam Gase wanted a guard or demanded Landry locked up that it wouldn't get done? His hands are all over this roster and the players we bring in.

There's still time to get something done. Just because he's not getting extended now doesn't mean he won't in the future.

Doesn't mean he will, either, but it's too early to predict what will happen with his signing, considering he's still under contract this year and we could tag him in 2018.

Love the guy.....but he's just not worth top 5 WR $. Touchdowns = $$$$. I mean what did he have 4?.... Just sayin. I Just think Parker has the potential to be a complete WR maybe there waiting to see if he ballsout this year. You can only have so much $ invested in your WR.

Love the guy.....but he's just not worth top 5 WR $. Touchdowns = $$$$. I mean what did he have 4?.... Just sayin. I Just think Parker has the potential to be a complete WR maybe there waiting to see if he ballsout this year. You can only have so much $ invested in your WR.
And if he goes to the Pats and puts up 15 TDs, you will all feel foolish again.

Wes Welker should have proven that to you, it wasnt that long ago. And Landry is FAR better than Welker.

Pay Landry. (It doesnt have to be this year, but he needs to remain a Dolphin.)

The domestic abuse cloud isn't good for a signing right now. It looks mostly like BS, but you'd hate to do something and then have a Ray Rice video drop after. Need to let that play out.

Rather it be Miami or another team with another player, I think that is now the status quo in such situations dealing with that topic, at least it should be(for every good call, there is a moron like Jerry Jones signing a Greg Hardy).

With that said, with all that read on the matter dealing with Jarvis, it seems believable on the story given by both sides. He and the mother of his child were arguing rather loud, somebody heard and called the police(I rather have somebody worry and call instead of not pay attention and then act shock when worst case scenarios happen), police came and no physical harm was done to either. Anybody that has taken part in or witnessed a battle of rights/custody for a child knows it gets ugly and heated at times. Each side wants to display the worse of the other to help their cause, so those emotions will build. With as much passion Jarvis displays on the field and sidelines, I have no doubt when you mix in something like his own flesh & blood, that passion and amp level goes through the roof. I like to believe that Ross & company learned from past mistakes and having the likes of Ted Wells become a focal point in your building, so they need to do all their work and check it twice.

Last edited:
It business, but it is very ****ed up for that guy to go into this season without a contract extension, based on what he's accomplished.

I personally would hold out. There's such a limited window for a non-quarterback in the NFL to truly cash in. And all it takes is one shot to the knee, and you'll never get that money.

It's a limited window for any player at that level but I get your point

Wes Welker should have proven that to you, it wasnt that long ago. And Landry is FAR better than Welker.

It's really a big question to me why Landry with all his skill and catches hasn't scored many TDs. Last season he was tackled several times inside the 5. IMO it's just a matter of timing before he gets double digit TDs in a season.

Agree. And this is why I thought Miami should have let Stills walk and then draft a speed WR. They can't invest a big chunk of money in the position. If they are smart there is a way to pay all 3 by staggering the players money. For example, Parker can go 3 more years before getting big money which will be when Stills contract is up.

It business, but it is very ****ed up for that guy to go into this season without a contract extension, based on what he's accomplished.

I personally would hold out. There's such a limited window for a non-quarterback in the NFL to truly cash in. And all it takes is one shot to the knee, and you'll never get that money.

And the guy that got a huge contract and accomplish next to nothing?

Since when do the Pats, other than Brady, pay the money Landry is supposedly asking for.

Why say the FO clueless if not signed when you acknowledge he may just want too much cash? Like you say, there needs to be a limit for a guy that does not see the endzone much...slot receiver.

I want him back, but if his demands are unreasonable, thats on Landry, not the front office, who would be smart to not just bend over.
no what I was saying is that they are clueless if they didn't try or just him walk.

no what I was saying is that they are clueless if they didn't try or just him walk.

Gotcha. Yeah it would suck to lose another young star player after their rookie contract...it looks bad, but again they have to draw line somewhere. I guess if it is clear cut and he is too far up in la-la land with his price, the thing to do would be trade him - but is any team going to trade much for a guy who could hit the market after this season? Anyway hope it doesn't come to that....if it does, im blaming OBJ

except Parker has a vagina whereas Jarvis has rhinoceros balls. Give me the latter over the former any day.

Back
Top Bottom