Landry to release album | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry to release album

So players aren't allowed to have any hobbies during their free time aside from studying the playbook? He's not sitting on the bench or standing in the huddle with a pen and a pad.
Yes they are......but the coach of the Dolphins have called out the team for not knowing the playbook on any given Sunday, plus his name has been brought up along the lines of being traded since last year.......an album should be the least of his priorities.

They get paid millions to be focused on the game of football during the regular season. Every single day is important during the week. What they do during the off periods, Jan-April, is their business, I agree. I doubt he put this album together during the week 1 bye week.
Honestly, this is what football used to be but it is not anymore.

I recently read a book about Vince Lombardi his Green Bay Packers Superbowl teams and back then football used to be a from-August-when-training-camp-started-to-end-of-January-sport. The players went back to their regular jobs after the Superbowl, be it a carpenter, a real estate agent or whatever, they drank and smoked during their free time and they needed training camp to get back into shape for the football season.

That time is long gone though. Being a football player now is a 365-day job. Of course, you can afford 4 weeks of vacation during summer and travel the world or release a rap album but you can't lose focus: you have to eat healthy and you have to train to stay in shape. If you show up in camp out of shape, you're already in the coaches' doghouse. That's why they're called professionals, it's their profession all year long and not just part time. If Landry wants to do a rap album, that's fine but if his play is suffering because he did not put in the time to learn the playbook, he's not a player I want on my team.

Its garbage, but I grew up listening to Biggie, and Tupac so I think all rap music sucks now in comparison.

I grew up listening to the same thing, but each generation has its collection of bad hip-hop. Even during the Biggie, Tupac, Wu-Tang, Outkast era, you still had 95 South, Master P, Vanilla Ice, 69 boyz...you take the good with the bad. There are still plenty of good artists today...Kendrick, Logic, Kwali (although he started in the 90s), Childish Gambino, Lupe...still plenty of good.

Why are we talking about rap here? Can we instead talk about Rock & Roll?......lol

Ozzy rules!!

Last edited:
So players aren't allowed to have any hobbies during their free time aside from studying the playbook? He's not sitting on the bench or standing in the huddle with a pen and a pad.

No they're not allowed...Not when they want to get paid top $$ as a WR (which he is not) and they're making too many mistakes at their job, which could be corrected by studying more, rather than producing 'music'.

Hopefully Will Smith makes some sort of appearance and hits that, well um, not "Welcome to Miami" ....

Maybe he will be our next Tim Foley in the music biz.

If the anticipation of Landry's album drop is too overwhelming, you can purchase Foley's album on amazon to tide you over.

https://www.amazon.com/NOW-THAT-IVE-FOUND-FOLEY/dp/B010GLMISY

o_tim-foley-miami-dolphins-79-private-lp-sealed-new-rare-2262.jpg

https://www.discogs.com/Tim-Foley-Now-That-Ive-Found-You/release/10679284

There is at least one more example. In the early '70s the Dolphins players sang many of the most popular Christmas songs and it was released on an audio cassette with accompanying photo. We bought it and I probably still have it somewhere.

Trade Him for a case of Footballs. Blow this whole thing up. I had no idea (much less any of us) what's been going on. Gase was/is right....The only fault that falls on Him, is that He didn't address it sooner.

Not that He needs it....but Gase has My FULL SUPPORT!!!

Landry is planning to release an album this coming spring or summer during the OFFSEASON and people still complaining. That's his free time.
It really is not. They still got obligations to the team in regards to learn playbooks, keeping in shape etc. This is not a 6-month part time job.

He has the the right to make an album and i have the right to say AINT NO ONE TRYING TO HEAR YOUR ALBUM JUICE.

Unfortunately I am, and unlike you, I understand that trading Landry and getting something for him now instead of paying him a huge contract or letting him walk for nothing next season would have been the best thing for the organization.
But by all means, sit in front of your tv with your pompoms wearing your #14 jersey and enjoy watching the worst offense in the NFL.
He is on Pace to be the most productive wr to start his career in history. He gives it his all every play and you guys want him gone. **** makes no sense. Give the man a contract and build around him.

Wow, you must really love Landry. No one talk negative about Landry, this guy will get pissed![/QUOTE
Yup I am a big Landry fan he is the best football player we have had in a decade. He gives it his all every down gets the whole team pumped up. Probably going to have the most catches in NFL history after four season. Lus he loves being a dolphin yet it's still not enough for unrealistic bi polar fans.
Wow, you must really love Landry. No one talk negative about Landry, this guy will get pissed!

He is on Pace to be the most productive wr to start his career in history.
He is on pace to have the most catches to start his career in history. That’s a little different from “most productive”. Most of his catches came from screen plays where he really doesn’t have to do anything that receivers usually do, like running a crisp route, creating separation, etc.

Back
Top Bottom