Tom Brady
Ben Roesthlisberger
Peyton Manning
BenRoesthlisberger
Tom Brady
Joe Flacco
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
ah thanks Sons. On one hand I can't stand that it's the same guys over and over. On the other hand I guess you have to tip your cap to these guys that they keep getting there. I'm so ready for a new batch of QBs - hopefully a Miami Dolphin of course - to start showing up on the list.

Something doesn't look right in the original list for the AFC. Shouldn't Peyton show up 3 times prior to this year? Two w Indy, one w Denver?

That's because it isn't right.

AFC SB QBs Since 2002:

02-Gannon
03-Brady
04-Brady
05-Roethlisberger
06-Manning
07-Brady
08-Roethlisberger
09-Manning
10-Roethlisberger
11-Brady
12-Flacco
13-Manning
14-Brady
15-Brady/Manning

12 of the last 13 years has been Roethlisberger, Brady, or Manning in the SB. Terrible.

Last 12 NFC SB QB's:

Jake Delhomme
Donovan McNabb
Matt Hasselbeck
Rex Grossman
Eli Manning
Kurt Warner
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Eli Manning
Colin Kaepernick
Russel Wilson
Russel Wilson

Here the NFC only supports 6 out of 9 franchise type QB's.
this is real interesting list. and wow i forgot about Grossman - he was woeful in that SB. TBH I like this list better than the AFC one as you get different guys in the big game - feels like this is how it should be...

What it should tell you is that until we have a true top 5 qb we are not going anywhere. And no Tannehill will never be top 5.

Big Ben was top 5 when he won the first time? Wilson was? Flacco was? Eli was? Brad Johnson was? Trent Dilfer was?

You guys need to realize Brady & Manning might be 1 & 2 ALL-TIME when it's all said & done. Belichek might be the GOAT coach. All in the same conference. It's really not realistic to act like that needs to be the standard. What are the chances Lynch or Goff come in and are better than Brady (or even better than Tannehill)? You get as good as you can realistically get and upgrade the team whatever way you can. Having a GOAT candidate is not a requirement and frankly unrealistic to even hope for.

Saw the AFC list, groaned and said, "Great. So we have no shot."

Then I saw the NFC list, saw Rex Grossman's name on it, and was swiftly reminded that anything in this world of ours is possible!

That's because it isn't right.

AFC SB QBs Since 2002:

02-Gannon
03-Brady
04-Brady
05-Roethlisberger
06-Manning
07-Brady
08-Roethlisberger
09-Manning
10-Roethlisberger
11-Brady
12-Flacco
13-Manning
14-Brady
15-Brady/Manning

12 of the last 13 years has been Roethlisberger, Brady, or Manning in the SB. Terrible.
agreed. but roger goodell loves it.

Delusional to think that we are ever going to win a SB with RT level QB play. Way too hard to keep advancing in the playoffs when your QB doesn't make your team better.

What a miserable decade and a half to be anything other than a Patriots, Steelers, Colts/Broncos fan. For the AFC at least.

All that shows is no one can beat Brady overall. Not Mannung, not Rapeberger, not Flacco. Those mother****ers never die.

he shows no signs of really slowing down, until he does everything goes through NE. I cannot wait until he retires and we all have a shot at the division again.

Brady
Brady
Ben
Manning
Brady
Ben
Manning
Ben
Brady
Flacco
Brady
Brady/Manning

3/4 are HOF locks. Every qb on the list made playoffs before there rookie contract ran out.

How Long after we fix the oline does Tannehill become a HOF QB and get us to a superbowl?

Ha yeah and wasn't there a thread a few weeks ago about how the only positive thing is how the AFC is up for grabs haha its been dominated by these guys for so long now. I just don't see it happening with Tannehill unless we can build a championship defense which is more difficult to do than finding a winning QB.

Delusional to think that we are ever going to win a SB with RT level QB play. Way too hard to keep advancing in the playoffs when your QB doesn't make your team better.

Yeah, damn him for not turning our OL into adequate blockers.

Last 12 NFC SB QB's:

Jake Delhomme
Donovan McNabb
Matt Hasselbeck
Rex Grossman
Eli Manning
Kurt Warner
Drew Brees
Aaron Rodgers
Eli Manning
Colin Kaepernick
Russel Wilson
Russel Wilson

Here the NFC only supports 6 out of 9 franchise type QB's.

The difference between the two lists is startling. It is a combination of the quality of the AFC QBs, the quality of the teams in the NFC, and the emphasis on balanced offenses and strong defenses in the NFC. Basically 3 of the 4 AFC divisions have been dominated by one team. 3 of the 6 QBs in the AFC playoffs are nearly the same every year. The chance that one of them makes the SB is pretty good.

This year will be a new NFC representative and more of the same in the AFC. IMO, it is not an accident. Rodgers has been nearly universally considered the best QB in the league for 6 years yet he has made it to the SB only once. Brees is another elite QB with one appearance.

Considering most of those names are in their late 30's the question should be who are the next QB's to grab that mantle?

What makes you think Brady is ever gonna retire? Hell he could outlast tannehill still at this point.

Brady
Brady
Ben
Manning
Brady
Ben
Manning
Ben
Brady
Flacco
Brady
Brady/Manning

3/4 are HOF locks. Every qb on the list made playoffs before there rookie contract ran out.

How Long after we fix the oline does Tannehill become a HOF QB and get us to a superbowl?

'Parity' :rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

Back
Top Bottom