Last Season was a fluke IMO..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Last Season was a fluke IMO.....

CirclingWagons said:
No one is saying you guys suck...you just aren't good
Go home you ****ing little weasel.:yell: :fire: :yell:

Super_Duper85 said:
Say Miami would have beated NE at home and Houston the first game of the season (these were the two games we had won and should never have lost). We would have finished 12-4. We still would not have hosted a playoff game. Indy and Ten would have had the same or better records (plus they beat us). Maybe last year was a fluke (due to all the teams with good records in the AFC playoffs). I mean, we could have finished 12-4 and been on the road in the playoffs. That kind of sucks no matter how you look at it.

It may have been a fluke but the way the system is now, the only way to go about biz is to first concentrate on winning the division. Once that is locked up, go for home field, etc. then hope we can "win" in the playoffs!! ;)

CirclingWagons said:
Translation:

"Hey pot, this is the kettle.....you're black"

CirclingWagons said:

If we aren't good then what does that make the Bills, seeing that a non-good team beat them?

KYfinfan said:
Translation:

"Hey pot, this is the kettle.....you're black"

:shakeno: That's just not true. We were a "good" team, @ 10-6 . The Bills @ below 500, NOW that SUCKS! :lol:

themole said:
:shakeno: That's just not true. We were a "good" team, @ 10-6 . The Bills @ below 500, NOW that SUCKS! :lol:
yup, too bad the 4 game difference rendered the same result: no playoffs :lol:

Hes just showing the irony of a 12-4 team not hosting a playoff game. I and most people thought 12-4 would get a bye week last september but nope.

Last season was last season so I say f it.

The fact that the only reason we didnt end up with a couple more games in the win column was because of our "automatic" kicker just rubs me the wrong way (as it would anybody).

Super_Duper85 said:
I guess my main point in posting the thread is I don't understand why people say we suck. My point was to illustrate that a field goal here or a turnover there and you could go from the Superbowl to not making the playoffs. Additionally, I was also saying that last season was a fluke because had we gone 12-4 (which is a great record) it would not have imporved our chances at getting to the Super Bowl. I guess in a round about way I was trying to say last year was weird because "hypothetically" we could have gone 12-4 and played a road playoff game. I tend to agree that we were lucky to be 10-6 in the first place. I mainly thought last year was weird because any other year and we make the playoffs easily.

I don't buy that we were terrible because we went 2-5 against teams versus winning records. I remember both Baltimore and Tampa Bay 0.500 or worse records vs teams with winning records. Between the killer schedule and injuries, we didn't have much of a chance. Hopefully, this years schedule is easier as it appears and we won't have to play Indy, Tennessee, N England and Dallas all within 5 weeks of each other (I think that was the schedule).

Ya 10-6 an 6-10 do both lead to a non-playoff birth. But the Dolphins were extremley unlucky. No im not gonna talk about the wut ifs of the season, but just not making the playoffs in general. How often does a 10-6 team not make the playoffs. In the NFC we would have been in. The first time in i think 10 years this has happened. So 10-6 is deffinatley more impressive then 6-10. just cuz we both didnt make the playoffs doesnt make us equal. The Phins have a much better shot at the postseason this year...but u never no, im not gona count the bills out just yet...

FinFan24 said:
Ya 10-6 an 6-10 do both lead to a non-playoff birth. But the Dolphins were extremley unlucky. No im not gonna talk about the wut ifs of the season, but just not making the playoffs in general. How often does a 10-6 team not make the playoffs. In the NFC we would have been in. The first time in i think 10 years this has happened. So 10-6 is deffinatley more impressive then 6-10. just cuz we both didnt make the playoffs doesnt make us equal. The Phins have a much better shot at the postseason this year...but u never no, im not gona count the bills out just yet...

People can call it what they want "last season was last season blah" and "the phins werent good enough to be in the playoffs blah? "no ifs and what ifs blah" and "december chokers blah" and "paper champions blah"

Those are all true statements on the surface, but we as fans take it deeper because we have this great message board to discuss.

but the fact is we got screwed more then our fair number of times..its the way the cookie crumbles and we got the short end of the stick last year. The pats were the complete opposite because they got all the breaks, but again thats what the NFL is all about - who perseveres through the bad times.

finfan54 said:
This has been my contention all along. strangly enough, defense was the reason for those losses...........oh and Olindo mare. Hardly Jay Fiedlers fault.
Yes, Jay plays at such a high level it could never be his fault, if we lose you can be sure its someone elses fault........:shakeno:

Please, Jay Fiedler contributed mightyly to some of our losses last year, The Interception in OT of the first Pats game, The Bruschi Int in game two, Defense gave up 3 points and Jay and his offense put up a goose egg.

The fourth quarter Int on the out pattern against Houston.

Back
Top Bottom