Lattimore turning Pro | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lattimore turning Pro

trojanma

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Understandable decision by the kid.

Would you guys take a flyer on him with one of the late 3rd's or the 4th.
We could easily stash him away for a year with the RB depth we have and he could eventually replace DT.

He is an injury risk but the knee was repaired by Dr. Andrews here and more of a fluke hit than anytihng else.

He is a high character guy with a tremendous work ethic.

It will be interesting to see if comes to the combine and what he does or if he comes at all. I am not expecting much. You are right when you say he is a high character guy. It depends on how he checks out medically. That was a horrific injury he had. If he can be taken after the 4th, I would not mind taking a flyer on him if he is OK medically. I think alot of teams are going to be scared away.

I would say nothing higher than a sixth round pick or waiting on him as a free agent signing.

At worst, you finally have a money short-yardage back. At best, he recovers, and he makes good on his talent. He's a very gifted runner. He's just not very fast. I think he'd look great in a ZBS. Like his vision.

I seriously doubt he will do much of anything at the combine.
He will be 4 months post-op which is way to early to engage any sort of cutting. Considering the injury he faced.
Plus any sort of measurables will really be skewed.

We throw away picks for guys like Gates, Egnew, Turner all the time.

This kid will be successful if he can avoid future injuries. He is an investment. Plus he will be grateful to anyone who drafts him and work his tail off.
In a draft that we have loads of mid round picks I would absolutely use our Chicago 3rd or own 4th and do it if he is still around.

Finally he will be cheap. You immediately put him on IR so he doesnt take a roster spot for the next season and bring him in line for 2014.

To me it is a no brainer if he is available for our Chicago 3rd or 4th.
I doubt he is around in the 5th.

I seriously doubt he will do much of anything at the combine.
He will be 4 months post-op which is way to early to engage any sort of cutting. Considering the injury he faced.
Plus any sort of measurables will really be skewed.

We throw away picks for guys like Gates, Egnew, Turner all the time.

This kid will be successful if he can avoid future injuries. He is an investment. Plus he will be grateful to anyone who drafts him and work his tail off.
In a draft that we have loads of mid round picks I would absolutely use our Chicago 3rd or own 4th and do it if he is still around.

Finally he will be cheap. You immediately put him on IR so he doesnt take a roster spot for the next season and bring him in line for 2014.

To me it is a no brainer if he is available for our Chicago 3rd or 4th.
I doubt he is around in the 5th.

It'll depend who falls to each of these picks, but speaking in general, I agree.

I'd take him....i remember wishing during his freshman year that he would fall to us...of course, i assumed we would be better and have no shot at him.

Give him to me for a 4th.....and lets hope he's not Yatil Green 2k13

I'd take him in the 4th round. Absolutely. If MahGahee and Gore can recover so can Lattimore.

he won't do anything on the field work wise at the combine...he may not be even ready by next training camp...that said i would absolutely be willing to use a 4th round pick on him...but no earlier...

If he hadn't gotten hurt, what part of the first round would he have been projected?

The full recovery rate for ACL injures has gotten so good in the past few years that its definitely worth it to take a shot on this kid. His injury was particularly bad, but its really just a matter of time before he is back up and running. This team isnt looking to win a SB next year, so giving this kid a year to heal up is a solid investment. He is talented as hell and God knows we need that.

Back
Top Bottom