League News, cuts, signings, rumors….. | Page 162 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

League News, cuts, signings, rumors…..

Chandler Jones heading to the Raiders. Wow what a scary duo they have.

Definitely thrilled he didn’t go to Buffalo.

Sorry to our Billsfan who wanted him badly.

Correct.

Justification is an opinion.

I personally disagree with how we have approached FA.

I have not been on here crying and whining about it. But I am highly disappointed.

However, I read everyone's opinions. Ot appears to me there's alot of justifying or defending of our actions.

Our 2 biggest needs were tackle and Wr.

Cedric Wilson does not fix our WR unit.
Williams does no fix our line.

The contracts themselves are not a problem. They are actually pretty good.

It's the choices we have made.

An example of what I think is justifying.

Cooper wasn't worth 20 million.
When this became the theme, I warned that the WR market is a lot more expensive then we thought.

I stated a gut like Kirk was gonna cost 16-18 million.

Mike Williams contrac inflated every WRS salary by 2-4 million then it should have been.

We have completely fumbled the WR search in FA. Barring a trade.

We had every opportunity to come out with a quality starting WR.

But, they were all too expensive so it's ok, they weren't worth the contract.

So we again, like most years, settled on a teams 4th WR hoping he can be our 3rd WR.

You get what you pay for.

The O line still has a chance, plenty of tackles left. But we are low on cap space now and we really did not improve our O lines weakest position or OUR WR unit.

So for me, my opinion, this has been a horrible FA.

I have tried to remain optimistic. Almost all my posts have been optimistic about FA. BUT at the end of the day, I feel it's been horrible.

I will still be predicting a 12-5 or 13-4 season like always. As long as we don't trade for Watson, I will forever be a fan and naively optimistic.

But, at the end if the day, I'm tired of missing out on players because they were too expensive.

Chase Edmunds- has injury issues and is not a 3 down back does not close the gap between us and Buffalo.
Cedrick Wilson- 4th WR in Dallas when defenders were worrying about Lamb, Cooper, Gallup and Elliot or Pollard? Yeah, Wilson doesn't close the gap between us and the Bills.
That ST ace we got- doesn't close the gap
Williams- upgrade for sure at Guard. But we needed tackles. Everytime we are in the red zone I'm going to cringe he will get another penalty. The guy was benched 4 games because of it.
Ogbah? Excellent contract and resig. But he doesn't close the gap. He just keeps us the same since he's a resign.

I could go on.

Nothing we have done closed the gap between us and Buffalo IMO.

I have been reading how we are smart not to overpay. That's true.

But we have done nothing for the long term. Teams like NO and GB may be kicking the can down the road, but atleast they have truly competitive roster.

Nothing were doing is long term. We are kicking the can down the road with these 1-2 year contracts.

Awesome we signed Elandon Robert's for less than 4 million for 1 year. But next year he needs to be replaced.

We could have secured that spot with Devondre Campbell at a great salary for 5 years and not have to worry about his position next season.

If we were gonna value shop and just get guys on 1 or 2 year contracts, we should have made an attempt to get a Wagner or similar.

IMO we have done nothing to go from a team on the verge of the playoffs to a true contender.

Teams are trading for Khalil Mack's and Coopers and going for the top guys.

We are going after special team aces and 3rd WRS.

SURE, in a couple years those teams will have to cut guys and deal with the cap.

But guess what? So will the Dolphins. We had an opportunity for a long term fix at LBER. We chose a cheaper 1 year option. A 3rd WR for 3, a RB for 2.

So just like the Chargers, NO, GB etc.... well be replacing these guys too.

Atleast they were true contenders.

At what point do we stop value shopping and go for broke.

My rant is over lol.

I respect alot of you guys who are expressing optimism and giving opinions on why we are doing the right thing.

I just disagree this time.
I have noticed both recently and in the past that if we get anybody some poster didn't like, then we clearly over paid.

If we lose someone to another team, and that same poster liked him, then we were wasting our money on other contracts because not enough was left for their preferred player.

Does this sound familiar? - LOL

To all the Ereck Flowers lovers here who clamored about how dumb it was to release a high paid guy who was one of the worst rated OL in the league for us that year....

Just got cut....again.....from Washington

To all the Ereck Flowers lovers here who clamored about how dumb it was to release a high paid guy who was one of the worst rated OL in the league for us that year....

Just got cut....again.....from Washington
and how did he play last year for Washington, vs what our line did?

Grier tone down that aggressive approach , take a Smart pill and sign

JC Tretter....while you can. Then add on your OT since they are not available now.

Hmmm welcome to common sense 101

Back
Top Bottom