Leak - a good NFL QB? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Leak - a good NFL QB?

Minibull

Starter
Reaction score
Despite having a natural Vol dislike of all Gators and having special rough history with the Leaks, I still have a feeling that Chris Leak is going to be a surprisingly good NFL QB.

Hey Gator fans (and others), what are your honest thoughts about him?

Despite having a natural Vol dislike of all Gators and having special rough history with the Leaks, I still have a feeling that Chris Leak is going to be a surprisingly good NFL QB.

Hey Gator fans (and others), what are your honest thoughts about him?

Leak will be a career back up. He MAT surprise, but not likely. That's my short answer. I have a long answer, but I don't feel like typing it right now. :lol:

My thoughts were that the Dolphins would take a WR with the #9 pick and a DL/OL with their second round pick. They would then look for a QB to groom with their 3rd or 4th round picks and Leak would still be there. He might fit, but I haven't seen him enough to say.

My thoughts were that the Dolphins would take a WR with the #9 pick and a DL/OL with their second round pick. They would then look for a QB to groom with their 3rd or 4th round picks and Leak would still be there. He might fit, but I haven't seen him enough to say.

Man I just don't understand the thinking across the boards. Why use another draft pick on a WR when we can't get the ball more than 25 yards down field from any QB we have. This year looks to be a rich class as far as QB's so I think taking one would be high prioraty, over the next few years we may not see many standout QB's that the Fins can obtain in the draft, were-as Wr's are always around in the first couple of rounds.

Heard he is really Intelegent and calls his own plays at times his coach compared him to Tom Brady.

Man I just don't understand the thinking across the boards. Why use another draft pick on a WR when we can't get the ball more than 25 yards down field from any QB we have. This year looks to be a rich class as far as QB's so I think taking one would be high prioraty, over the next few years we may not see many standout QB's that the Fins can obtain in the draft, were-as Wr's are always around in the first couple of rounds.

I really don't like the college QB's coming out this year - Quinn has the smarts and tools but I've heard that he has an abrasive personality in the locker room (ala Jeff George) and J Russell has the tools but only has done it this year. I think DC's coming back and having a stud WR with CC would help our offense a TON.

Yea, I don't see Chris being a good pro QB . . . but that is just an assumption. He definitely has the mentals . . . but I'm not ecstatic about his arm strength or his height. Maybe will be a career backup, but why not take a flyer on him and see if he can be groomed to something more.

Leak is not even the best QB on Florida's team (Tebow is).

Leak is a good College QB, not good enough for the pros, he played great tonight.

You never know though. Maybe Leak will get on an NFL Roster and surprise everyone. He is worth a shot at 5th round.

Back
Top Bottom