Leak - a good NFL QB? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Leak - a good NFL QB?

Young guys?

Yeah, incoming freshman. Cam is perfect for Meyer's offense, much like Tebow, but he's more speed than power like Tebow. Brantley is the highest rated QB out of the state of Florida, decommitted from Texas and chose Florida. He's more of a pocket passer but can run when he has too.

so one of those qbs will be transferring in the coming yrs

Yeah, incoming freshman. Cam is perfect for Meyer's offense, much like Tebow, but he's more speed than power like Tebow. Brantley is the highest rated QB out of the state of Florida, decommitted from Texas and chose Florida. He's more of a pocket passer but can run when he has too.
Isn't Brantley the guy that broke Tebow's career passing record with only playing two years?

Yea, I don't see Chris being a good pro QB . . . but that is just an assumption. He definitely has the mentals . . . but I'm not ecstatic about his arm strength or his height. Maybe will be a career backup, but why not take a flyer on him and see if he can be groomed to something more.
The mentals? Have you seen him play against a good defense? He's the ultimate choke job. Just see Auburn vs Florida.

Like I said before, you definitely don't want to draft a quarterback that Bill Belicheck knows like the back of his hand.

The mentals? Have you seen him play against a good defense? He's the ultimate choke job. Just see Auburn vs Florida.

Like I said before, you definitely don't want to draft a quarterback that Bill Belicheck knows like the back of his hand.

So your gonna keep bringing up that one game? Every QB has a bad game now and then. I know he's not the most consistent QB out there but he is definitely a student of the game and has the smarts. You wanna talk about big games? How about last night? @Tennessee? Last 3 games vs. FSU? SEC Championship game?

I think the general consensus is he'll be nothing more than a backup in the NFL. You don't have to bash the guy.

My thoughts were that the Dolphins would take a WR with the #9 pick and a DL/OL with their second round pick. They would then look for a QB to groom with their 3rd or 4th round picks and Leak would still be there. He might fit, but I haven't seen him enough to say.

I'll promise you one thing, who ever gets him, will have no problem with him leaving the pocket early.

Back
Top Bottom