Leak - a good NFL QB? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Leak - a good NFL QB?

I like Chris as much as any Gator fan, but his mechanics are still scaring the hell out of me, as I watch my TiVo recording.

i think under the right coaching leak could be a good starting qb in the league
the problem leak had was that he had no consistency in a offensive scheme

i mean he learned basically 2 offenses in 4 years under 2 head coaches
leak comes through in big spots

yeah his macanics are weird but so arent vince youngs

Cameron Newton will also be here in the spring for practice! Nice! He will probably be the #2

Or Bryan Weggener the JC transfer who I think will be here for Spring also.

Cameron Newton will also be here in the spring for practice! Nice! He will probably be the #2

Or Bryan Weggener the JC transfer who I think will be here for Spring also.

:yes:

i think under the right coaching leak could be a good starting qb in the league
the problem leak had was that he had no consistency in a offensive scheme

i mean he learned basically 2 offenses in 4 years under 2 head coaches
leak comes through in big spots

yeah his macanics are weird but so arent vince youngs
It was actually 3.

Bottom line Chris Leak is good until he gets blitzed and something happens to him. Now he would be a very good NFL back-up, But nothing else

I believe his success or lack thereof in the pro's will depend on the system he plays under. I personally think Leaks cool under pressure and smarts make him a good fit for the pro game. I don't see his size being that big of a deal.

I believe his success or lack thereof in the pro's will depend on the system he plays under. I personally think Leaks cool under pressure and smarts make him a good fit for the pro game. I don't see his size being that big of a deal.

The only thing that concerns me about Chris Leak is he is absolutely terrified of contact.

He will have no problem staying in the pocket where he will find protection and comfort. If he is flushed...that'a another story, he won't be running for yardage, he'll be picking them up and laying them down to avoid contact.

That was the only reason he couldn't run the Urban Meyer style spread offense. Although in the NC game I only saw him do it once. He had an opportunity to probably score on one occasion, by cutting it up field with a run but elected to throw the ball away.

if he could just play smart like he did in the championship game consistently he could be better than any of our current QB's but i dont see him being much.i would take him in the third or fourth though but thats just me

first of all leak is a good college quarterback but he is very small to be able to start he will have to have a good o-line but he wont stand a chance against a big blitz

Back
Top Bottom