Let me be the first to call the upset - take the Eagles | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let me be the first to call the upset - take the Eagles

Austin Tatious

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
Here is my reasoning. Philly matches up great with NE. Also, Andy Reid is a great coach.

With NE trying to block Kearse and Burgess on the outside, Hollis Thomas and Corey Simon will absolutely collapse the pocket up the middle and Brady won't be able to step up.

Brady can be rattled by a combination of (a) a good pass rush and (b) great cover corners. Miami owns Brady. If you don't believe me, look at his stats versus Miami's D. Jason Taylor goes and gets him and Miami's coverage just doesn't give him anywhere to go with the ball. I think Philly's defense will be able to put pressure and they've got the cover corners to go with the pass rush. Brady will throw 2 picks. Dawkins will get one of them.

Plus, Philly will be physical and they have a great D coordinator, unlike Pittsburgh and Indy.

Secondly, offensively, Philly will make NE's lumbering linebackers run in space. McNabb needs to get out of the pocket and they've gotta throw to Westbrook out of the backfield and to LJ Smith (too bad about Lewis). You gotta make Bruschi and Vrabel and McGinest and Ted Johnson run. They are big physical guys but there is no way they keep up with Westbrook and McNabb.

Philly's wideouts are a major weakness, so Bellicheck will no doubt have some help on Philly's short passing game. But if T.O. can actually play, that'll give the Eagles a major lift.

But whenever NE gets smug, they get beat. They weren't smug against Indy and Pittsburgh, so they played flawless against 2 very flawed teams. Eagles are not flawed. NE needs to keep it real, and if they do, they'll have a better chance. But, I am sensing the smugness (kind of like right before Miami beat em, which I called in advance).

I like Philly's matchups, talent, coaching, and physicalness.

Take the Eagles.

Good Post.. I was thinking about this earlier as well.. Jim Johnson is known for his blitz packages and schemes, if he can succeed in getting Brady flustered, they have a real good shot..

BTW, Anyone have any stats on Bellicheck vs mobile/running QBs?

Austin Tatious said:
Here is my reasoning. Philly matches up great with NE. Also, Andy Reid is a great coach.

With NE trying to block Kearse and Burgess on the outside, Hollis Thomas and Corey Simon will absolutely collapse the pocket up the middle and Brady won't be able to step up.

Brady can be rattled by a combination of (a) a good pass rush and (b) great cover corners. Miami owns Brady. If you don't believe me, look at his stats versus Miami's D. Jason Taylor goes and gets him and Miami's coverage just doesn't give him anywhere to go with the ball. I think Philly's defense will be able to put pressure and they've got the cover corners to go with the pass rush. Brady will throw 2 picks. Dawkins will get one of them.

Plus, Philly will be physical and they have a great D coordinator, unlike Pittsburgh and Indy.

Secondly, offensively, Philly will make NE's lumbering linebackers run in space. McNabb needs to get out of the pocket and they've gotta throw to Westbrook out of the backfield and to LJ Smith (too bad about Lewis). You gotta make Bruschi and Vrabel and McGinest and Ted Johnson run. They are big physical guys but there is no way they keep up with Westbrook and McNabb.

Philly's wideouts are a major weakness, so Bellicheck will no doubt have some help on Philly's short passing game. But if T.O. can actually play, that'll give the Eagles a major lift.

But whenever NE gets smug, they get beat. They weren't smug against Indy and Pittsburgh, so they played flawless against 2 very flawed teams. Eagles are not flawed. NE needs to keep it real, and if they do, they'll have a better chance. But, I am sensing the smugness (kind of like right before Miami beat em, which I called in advance).

Take the Eagles.

Ugh, Pittsburgh isn't a physical team? What are you talking about. How can anyone lump them with Indy? Didn't Pittsburgh have the #1 defense this season? And secondly, NE's linebackers are not slow and lumbering, they are playmakers, something our outside linebackers are not. They are the heart and soul of that defense. Luckily, they may lose 2 or 3 of them in the offseason. I like Philly to keep in close, but NE wins.

Austin Tatious said:

Take the Eagles.
'

If the Steelers could not get to Brady, then you could forget about Philly getting to him.

Brady will be as relaxed as ever and will find his receivers open as always.

PATRIOTS ALL THE WAY!!! ( hate them )

TO isnt 100%.....Philly receivers are afraid to catch the ball when they hear footsteps.....westbrook is good but cant pound the ball.......Brady unfortunately always steps up when he needs to.....Mcnabb really hasnt seen a top notch defense...

7 Pts is a lot but NE I think is going to kill.

though i might be listening to too much boston bull****

its a no-brainer... the pats are going to win.... again. :(

its now time for the dolphins dyansty to begin and dethrone these chump *** pats.

Austin Tatious said:

Take the Eagles.
Philly matches up well against NE???? I don't see that at all. Thanks but no thanks my money's already on NE.

Austin Tatious said:

Take the Eagles.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
It won't happen. The steelers defense is better than the eagles. And what did they do? Just face it the pats are going to win, I know it sucks:fire:

I hate to say it, as I've made two very anti-patriots posts, but I don't think NE will win the superbowl...

I know they'll win it. And not barely. Not by 3 points like every other superbowl.

They'll blow them away. 55-10 maybe. TO won't be a factor even if he plays. I'm sorry, but i don't see this going any other way.

VERY VERY BORING superbowl is in front of us ladies and gents... grab the remote and flip over at halftime when it's 35-0

The ONLY way Philly wins this game is if they make Brady turn it over. Fortunately, Brady makes stupid throws when he is pressured, and pressuring the QB is one of Philly's strengths. The biggest thing that is going to hurt the Eagles is their mediocre run defense. If the Pats are smart, they will keep the throwing to a minimum, which will help nullify the Eagles' blitz. The key to this game will be Corey Dillon. If he runs well, the Pats win. If he has a bad day, I think the Pats lose. The Philly offense will not score more than 10 without Owens. Thats why they NEED to make Brady turn it over, give them a short field, or maybe even a pick-6 . When its all said and done, I think Dillon runs up and down that field......

Patriots 24
Eagles 10

Back
Top Bottom