Let's settle this, you have a young QB would you hire Flores as HC? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's settle this, you have a young QB would you hire Flores as HC?

Let's settle this, you have a young QB would you hire Flores as HC?

• Yes

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • No

Votes: 110 98.2%

• Total voters
If he didn't have the massive ego he would still make a good defensive coordinator.......however as a head coach never in a million years.

The guy simply can't get along with people!

If he didn't have the massive ego he would still make a good defensive coordinator.......however as a head coach never in a million years.

The guy simply can't get along with people!
See, I'm not even convinced of this. He never truly ran the defense in NE. BB was always looking over his shoulder. At times here, the defense looked elite, but most of those times were against bad teams. The defense could hardly seem to rise above the occasion against a top 10 offense. It looked decent but not great. I don't know the numbers, but I bet we finished middle of the pack in the league in points allowed and yards allowed. Middle of the pack QB and we would be screaming to get rid of him (which we actually have done in the past, Tannehill and we are doing now, Tua)

Holy smokes, 65-0 unanimous vote no. Usually there is at least one person wanting to be the clever contrarian. I defended Flores ostensibly nursing Tua's injury, but in the end the whole package just looks bad regarding helping a young QB along. Actually, probably says plenty about Tua that he was able to perform well more often than not, while also keeping a cool head the entire time
Didn't Tannehill go through a similar, if not quite as pointed, a situation here when he started?

Is this a Dolphins kind of thing?

Sometimes I wish people would think before posting such topics and I’ll give the OP the benefit of the doubt but the topic of this thread is why Flores did what he did. Minority coaches aren’t given the opportunity to get a second chance considering he’s an experienced coached.

Sometimes I wish people would think before posting such topics and I’ll give the OP the benefit of the doubt but the topic of this thread is why Flores did what he did. Minority coaches aren’t given the opportunity to get a second chance considering he’s an experienced coached.
Not sure what that means because Flores is still in the running with a few teams.

The question is simple: Did Flores do a good or even adequate job developing Tua? Would you trust him to do it with another qb?

Guys eez up on the talk of useless threads. At least it's not another Tua thread. This is the main subject of situation and news the last week. Geez
Thanks eMCee85, Its obvious some did not see the under lying end result which I was waiting for, if an overwhelmingly majority agree to not hire Flores. WHY WOULD THE GIANTS?, IMO, case and point Flores really doesn't have a case against them, he could possibly against the Rooney Rule for setting up expectations that were not really there? But they could have interviewed other minority candidates. Just my humble opinion.

Black And White Eye Roll GIF

Thanks eMCee85, Its obvious some did not see the under lying end result which I was waiting for, if an overwhelmingly majority agree to not hire Flores. WHY WOULD THE GIANTS?, IMO, case and point Flores really doesn't have a case against them, he could possibly against the Rooney Rule for setting up expectations that were not really there? But they could have interviewed other minority candidates. Just my humble opinion.

Black And White Eye Roll GIF
They did when they interviewed Graham and Frazier.

My biggest issue with Flores all along was the lousy job he did in hiring offensive coaches. Four OL coaches and OC’s in just over 2 years was ridiculous. He never seemed to have a clue when it came to hiring good offensive assistants or quality offensive assistants refused to work for him.

I’m not sure why his offensive assistants were so inept but as the teams HC, the blame was his.

Back
Top Bottom