Let's Talk Potential QBs in Rd 1 | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's Talk Potential QBs in Rd 1

Kaaya coming up small last night in a big moment reminds me of Tannehill. No thanks. Depressing to think they may have to draft a guy to push not replace Tannehill.

How do you guys feel about Baker Mayfield?? Just started watching him and his throwing motion is elongated and a hair slow but man he sure does have a passion for the game.

Thoughts on where he goes and where you think his ceiling is?

A B12 system QB? Really? Did you NOT pay attention to Manzell & Bob Griffin? Bradford is the exception to the rule and not a very good one at that.

As I posted 10 days ago in this very thread. JAKE BROWNING.

We'd have to wait one more draft, but that's the type of kid you want. I've seen him play since his first start in high school as a sophomore (he threw 10 TD's that game). He's been mentored by a former NFL QB since he was an early teen. That same mentor coached him in high school where he broke the National record for TD passes in a season (91) and for a career (228).

If you saw his 8 TD performance on Saturday against Oregon, he's got everything you look for in a QB. Poise, confidence, calm cool demeanor, accuracy, pocket presence, good decision making, leadership etc. The only knock might be size. He's listed at 6-2 which means he's probably more like 6-1 1/2. But we've seen guys shorter than that have success (Brees, Wilson). The bottom line is, he's a natural born QB. He just has that IT factor.

To me, it's not just about drafting another QB. It's about finding the next star. IMO, Browning is a better prospect than anybody that's going to be available in this upcoming draft.

As I posted 10 days ago in this very thread. JAKE BROWNING.

We'd have to wait one more draft, but that's the type of kid you want. I've seen him play since his first start in high school as a sophomore (he threw 10 TD's that game). He's been mentored by a former NFL QB since he was an early teen. That same mentor coached him in high school where he broke the National record for TD passes in a season (91) and for a career (228).

If you saw his 8 TD performance on Saturday against Oregon, he's got everything you look for in a QB. Poise, confidence, calm cool demeanor, accuracy, pocket presence, good decision making, leadership etc. The only knock might be size. He's listed at 6-2 which means he's probably more like 6-1 1/2. But we've seen guys shorter than that have success (Brees, Wilson). The bottom line is, he's a natural born QB. He just has that IT factor.

To me, it's not just about drafting another QB. It's about finding the next star. IMO, Browning is a better prospect than anybody that's going to be available in this upcoming draft.

I tend to agree with you. That kid looks special, and he does look to be a step above any QB in this upcoming draft. Gut the team in the upcoming offseason, and accumulate draft picks, and tank in 2017 so we get that kid, and load up on young, cheap talent.

Mitch Trubisky.

/end thread

He looked better than Kaaya today. Too much RT in Kaaya. On some drives he looks great, but he just can't seem to make the critical play at the critical times.
2 weeks ago I thought the Canes were on their way up. But back to back losses will likely drop them out of the top 25.

Back
Top Bottom