***Le'Von Bell Released Super Thread*** (merged X4) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***Le'Von Bell Released Super Thread*** (merged X4)

The smart thing would have been to cut Gase and keep Bell.

It prevents the best teams from picking up potential elite players during the season, should they be released from their teams.

Some team did that with Deion Sanders once, can’t remember the exact specifics but I believe he wanted to go Baltimore or Baltimore claimed him to prevent him from going where he wanted to go.

It prevents the best teams from picking up potential elite players during the season, should they be released from their teams.

Some team did that with Deion Sanders once, can’t remember the exact specifics but I believe he wanted to go Baltimore or Baltimore claimed him to prevent him from going where he wanted to go.

Bell's contract is prohibitive though... Nobody is gonna touch that. His agent will be fielding calls after he clears waivers tomorrow.

If only Gase was a HB whisperer.
I think ol googly eyes has a few too many whispers going on in his head!
lersrunzkh9ba8fyxca0.gif

Ya I’m not picking up Bell’s remaining salary, no one is.

Fournette cleared waivers at 2/3’s the salary for the prospect of 16 full games.

Hard pass on Bell. If Gaskin was a JAG, maybe, but he’s not so taking away his reps to chew up cap space makes zero sense.

We will move on from Howard with a third or fourth round draft pick in 2021.

KC, Tenn, Sea should all explore and he would be wise to accept a backup role on an elite squad for the remainder of the season.

Makes sense.

Ya I’m not picking up Bell’s remaining salary, no one is.

Fournette cleared waivers at 2/3’s the salary for the prospect of 16 full games.

Hard pass on Bell. If Gaskin was a JAG, maybe, but he’s not so taking away his reps to chew up cap space makes zero sense.

We will move on from Howard with a third or fourth round draft pick in 2021.
I'd never pick up his salary in our situation, but if he cleared waivers Myles Gaskin wouldn't even come close to being any part of the considerations of that decision making process.

for some reason i thought players with 4 accrued years in the league didn't have to clear waivers if they were cut.

either i had that wrong, or the rules changed and i missed it.

me too. I thought the exception was after the trade deadline they have to clear waivers

My only concern is Bell hasn’t looked good in years and has brittle hamstrings. I hope we’re not just thinking of the old Bell.

As I’m watching Tannehill flourish without Gase haha!

Being that the Jets cut him, doesn't that terminate his contract? They mentioned on TV that he doesn't need to clear waivers and will officially be a free agent as of 4pm tomorrow. If so, he would have to sign a new contract with his new team. Why shouldn't the Dolphins check to see what he's looking for in compensation? He's on the south side of 30 and sat out a year. He should have plenty of miles left.

Back
Top Bottom