**LIVE PRESS CONFERENCE @ 4:00 PM EST** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**LIVE PRESS CONFERENCE @ 4:00 PM EST**

AEM said:
Just playing around. Don't get your panties in a wad. ....and btw, I happen to be a handsome fella :D . At least my family tells me so........

they said the same to finrclowns.

Its on now....

this is the only time that when Wanny looks dumbfounded its completely acceptable, id look dumbfounded as well....

he already broke out the word "standpoint" :lol:

Wanny didnt say that he would directly welcome him back, he would base it on the team....

good call wanny, i bet most of the players dont want him back after what he did......

For a guy that just got dropped a bombshell Wanny seems pretty composed, maybe this will inspire him to coach his @$$ off like he did at the season finale vs the Jets

Nothing newsworthy. Just spin control on how the Dolphins have depth at every position, and how Fredo plans on what to do if so-and-so player is unavailable. ect.ect.ect.......

I'm sorry if someone else has already posted this... just trying to help out.

He's trying to say all the right things... I actually think he's doing a good job. I didn't listen from the start but here are a few highlights for me:

- He's comparing this situation with when Griese (Sr) went down and Morall came in and they still won.

- He says it would be unfair to say who would step up at this point. He has said, however, that Minor is a great back...

- He says there will be no drastic philosophy changes, maybe a few formations, it would be great if Chambers/Boston got 80/90 catches (responding to a reporter).

- He says we will be as balanced as we have been, that we will still run the ball.

- He says we got a great football team, great players with good attitude; our goals haven't changed, and they (the players) know this. He has talked with Wayne about this, everyone is on eht same page.

- He says Ricky believes what he stated... and he's done.

Spielman takes over.

HE says we'll approach this as we approach anything, we're not in a hurry for anything, we have a lot of confidence in the depth of the position.

We will take our time to see which players of our own develop, but who knows who will be available down the road.

He has seen the list of FA RBs available, but he says he won't rush anything. He won't discuss anything contractual. He says this has no effect on other contract negotiations. He acknowledges he does not know what happens if Williams files for retirement and then he wants to come back.

He has also talked to Huizenga... he reaffirms he has been monitoring players outside the team, as he has all along...

Wannstedt said that Minor will go into training camp as our #1 guy and made it pretty clear that we are probably going to stick with him.

lol I just laugh when people refer to Wanny as Fredo! Wanny said no one is going to chase down Ricky, it was his choice and that he needs to live with it. Speilman look like he just got back from getting his shape up trimmed. Wannstedt said something about the statement that Mr. Huezinga released, what did that say?

They asked Dave if Ricky owes him anything.

He said no, Ricky doesn't owe him anything. He owes himself and the guys in that locker room.

From the moment he walked into the room, Wanny looked and sounded p*ssed. Not mean in any way toward Ricky but leaving no question as to his disappointment with Ricky's decision and making no attempt to defend Ricky against his critics. Good to see. He'll walk into that first training camp meeting with a chip on his shoulder and I expect most of the veterans will too.

Wanny also looked like he had aged about 10 years since the last minicamp.

For once I have to say, Wanny had a decent press conference and you could actually see in his actions that he is pretty PO'd at Ricky. Of course he's not going to say that, nor should he comment on the marijuana like he said he wouldn't, but Wanny's expressions were helpful for once. I.E. He's through with Ricky, he tried and obviously Ricky didn't want to hear it. So Dave is moving on and saying "F" it. Ricky owes his teammates the apology now, not him.

DolfanDaveInATX said:
From the moment he walked into the room, Wanny looked and sounded p*ssed. Not mean in any way toward Ricky but leaving no question as to his disappointment with Ricky's decision and making no attempt to defend Ricky against his critics. Good to see. He'll walk into that first training camp meeting with a chip on his shoulder and I expect most of the veterans will too.

Wanny also looked like he had aged about 10 years since the last minicamp.

He didn't look good. You could really tell he was at ground 0 when Ricky's bomb went off.

Back
Top Bottom