Locker Room Issue Article | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Locker Room Issue Article

Why change what worked?

Gase's downfall is that he is ignorant to the fact...but who knows. Time will tell what this will lead.

Our offense was 24th in the league last year in YPG, 17th in PPG. I wouldn't exactly call it working. I'd be pissed if Gase didnt make any changes.

Our offense was 24th in the league last year in YPG, 17th in PPG. I wouldn't exactly call it working. I'd be pissed if Gase didnt make any changes.
And remember the defense was opportunistic last season taking the ball away and setting the offense up with short fields. The only offensive numbers that were respectable last year were points and rushing yards everything else is about the same or worse this year. Not surprising it’s worse since special teams sucks at flipping the field this year and the defense isn’t getting the turnovers.

And remember the defense was opportunistic last season taking the ball away and setting the offense up with short fields. The only offensive numbers that were respectable last year were points and rushing yards everything else is about the same or worse this year. Not surprising it’s worse since special teams sucks at flipping the field this year and the defense isn’t getting the turnovers.

Our defense was god awful last year and is playing light years better. Burke has been a very nice improvement over what Joseph put on the field.

I don't really care what James says and am not looking to much into it as he has been playing the best of the offensive lineman so far.

When players are saying stuff like this, guaranteed there is a lot more bs going on because NFL players/locker rooms are notoriously tight lipped compared to other sports. James knows it was a scapegoat move for a weak offense that is the fault of one man.

Kind of like when Ryan Tannehill went and made fun of the practice players.

If you actually read the story, you'd see that during a walkthrough, defensive players were ****ing around when a walkthrough is simply assignment based and not performance based.

Tannehill has done nothing to warrant the team trading him, and the fact that you even brought that up as a comparison tells me all I need to know about your presence on this forum.

I thought all the offensive linemen went to college? How can a new scheme be that difficult to grasp? It's football not medicine, or rocket science. It's no wonder half of these guy's go broke shortly after their careers are over. WTF, get with the program.Take your playbooks home and learn them. If you had a 'real job' you would only have so much time to show proficiency before you were "cut", so to speak.

So 13-3 might make the playoffs this year. Every other year you would be fighting for home field though the playoffs.

I didn't understand what the other poster was saying either. Think just bad at math?

I thought all the offensive linemen went to college? How can a new scheme be that difficult to grasp? It's football not medicine, or rocket science. It's no wonder half of these guy's go broke shortly after their careers are over. WTF, get with the program.Take your playbooks home and learn them. If you had a 'real job' you would only have so much time to show proficiency before you were "cut", so to speak.

The excuse James is using does not make sense since they are horrible in pass protection also.

Exactly. POS and 7 games in a dumbed down O and they STILL miss assignments?

IIRC, Ja'Wuan is also the one that wouldn't block, intentionally, for Tannehill on multiple occasions, and allowed him to get creamed.

The OL admits to changes from a scheme that worked to a scheme they have yet to figure out. Subsequently, our coach blames the RB and trades away Pro-Bowl caliber player. Thank you Mr. Gase, you moron!:wall
You left out this part:
This doesn’t mean change is wrong. The coaches, no doubt, saw issues that demanded change — maybe just to prepare for when defenses took away Ajayi’s preferred outside-zone running, which James noted, “They’ve been doing.” Maybe changes things a bit when we post entire quotes. So maybe, just maybe, Gase might not be a moron.

You left out this part:
This doesn’t mean change is wrong. The coaches, no doubt, saw issues that demanded change — maybe just to prepare for when defenses took away Ajayi’s preferred outside-zone running, which James noted, “They’ve been doing.” Maybe changes things a bit when we post entire quotes. So maybe, just maybe, Gase might not be a moron.
Did Denver change it's scheme when TD was rushing for 2000yds. and winning SBs? NO! They kept it, perfected it and dominated with it!

Did Denver change it's scheme when TD was rushing for 2000yds. and winning SBs? NO! They kept it, perfected it and dominated with it!
Denver was a well oiled machine at that time. It didn't matter who they had back there, Davis, Portis, Anderson, Gary, it was all gravy.

The Super Bowl champion Broncos under Shanahan were also guilty of gross salary cap violations and had an utterly dominant offensive line along with a veteran quarterback playing the best football of his life. TD was also a good north-south runner with vision who could find the hole, hit it and just go. He wasn't dancing and bouncing around back there.

Back
Top Bottom