Long just ran a 4.71 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Long just ran a 4.71

Obviously you mean Chris Long. Wow, I never expected him to time that fast, that's awesome.

Unofficially? How could it be unofficially if it's at the combine?

A 4.77 unofficial on the 2nd run...

if we go defense with our 1st pick and we aren't able to trade down,i'd like to have Chris Long

It's all good at this point. But still a LONG way until draft day. We still have pro days, private workouts, free agency and the always interesting 3 weeks of pre-draft smoke screens. DMac did well at the combine, which boosts his stock. Now if Ryan can do really well at his private workout, then we will have the luxury of listening to offers by other teams, but if nothing materializes, we have a couple guys we could go with at #1 (especially if Long is our top option) and be very happy with that. Either way, we are a better team after this draft (stay or trade down and get more picks).
:up:

NO WAY can we take Chris Long! Another Matt Roth type of guy. Long is not going to blow by people around the end and he isn't going to bull rush any OT's any time soon. This would be a BIG mistake IMO. He can't play OLB - he isn't nearly quick enough and he is too small to play DE in a 3-4 and is not quick enough to be a standout pass rusher. You are talking about the #1 pick overall!!! The best player in the country! Long is a rotation guy - he is a DE in a 4-3 IMO.

We stay put we have to draft Ryan, Gholston(sp?), or Jake Long. I'd be surprised to see us go JLong BUT you have to hit with the pick because of the money involved - you CANNOT make a mistake. JLong worst case becomes a guard - he is a beast and can start year 1.

Chris Long ran 4.71 and Vernon Gholston ran 4.64 and put up as many reps as Jake Long why should we pick Chris long?

Back
Top Bottom