Looking for contributions from last years draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Looking for contributions from last years draft

phintim

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Last years draft was underwelming outside of Tunsil IMO.
Sure we got 2 talented part time starters in the next 2 picks in Howard and Starks. Time will tell if they will stay healthy and contribute full time for us.
Outside of those guys we really got zero from the rest of the draft class including college free agents last year. Considering the dearth of talent and injuries last year there certainly were opportunities.
So kicking Tunsil, Howard and Starks aside for this discussion whom if any of the remaining draft picks and college free agents do you see contributing?

Um who the hell is Starks? And Howard will be more than a part time starter. Hesitant to mention Drake cause of my name, but I still think he can eventually be a starter, or will at least contribute as much as a starter could

Besides that I don't see much, see how Duarte progresses and I'm sure we'll find out more about Caroo this year

Um who the hell is Starks? And Howard will be more than a part time starter. Hesitant to mention Drake cause of my name, but I still think he can eventually be a starter, or will at least contribute as much as a starter could

Besides that I don't see much, see how Duarte progresses and I'm sure we'll find out more about Caroo this year

Thanks my bad I did mean Drake instead of Starks of course.

I think Xavien Howard is going to be an excellent player, and prove to be an extremely good 2nd round pick. Tunsil was a home run. He has #1 overall type talent. True Hall of Fame LT potential and he sure looks to be delivering on it. Then add in a top notch CB, and you have two stars at premium positions ... that's a good draft right there.

Drake looks like a good pick at the moment. While many people suggested we should have chosen a different back ... Drake has outperformed some of those backs already, and looks to have better long term potential. And Personally, I believe that Jakeem Grant is going to prove himself to be a late round gem. The guy has unparalleled start-stop quickness, coupled with arguably the fastest speed in the NFL. Yes, I know of John Ross ... but I also know the Combine did not invite Jakeem Grant, so at his pro day the hand-timed numbers were crazy, with some personnel people clocking Grant at 4.19 in the forty for instance. It's at a pro day, and hand timed, lots of room for variance ... but nobody runs that fast, so at the very least I'd put him into the John Ross category ... with superior quickness.

Looking at last year's draft, as is often said, it is still too early to judge, but it definitely looks like a good draft to me.

I'm that guy who is looking to see more Jakeem Grant...

Duarte just needs to block better.

Caroo should just ball out and wait his turn.

Each one is a matchup nightmare per their style.

I really liked our last three drafts.

I think if Fasano and Thomas work out this year, we give Duarte another year on the practice squad. Let him bulk up and get stronger. Only injuries will make this draft average. I my opinion, we hit a home run with Tunsil and got 2 quality players in Drake and Howard. Caroo is the only player that is a poor choice but this has been discussed in many other threads. We need the previous draft to step up this year: DVP and Phillips.

all we need are tunsil and howard to continue developing to make that draft a good one

drake and grant will always be widgets - not to say they can't have impact - but your meat and potatoes of last years draft are in howard and tunsil no doubt

Last years draft wasn't underwhelming at all.....you know how I know this it pissed half the people off and not all the people meaning that we didn't just draft to draft we took shots.

I still love Drake even thou half the people think he is made of glass. Howard I feel is going to end up our starting corner long after Maxwell is gone and Tunsil is Tunsil. Add to that Grant who I still think will surprise and make the cut this year even with the ass load of WRs. If I had to pick right now Carroo is the most in danger and that is a disappointment given the amount that Miami gave up to get him.

Add to that draft Kiko and Maxwell and bang it's a huge draft and the furthest from underwhelming.

Last edited:
You want to judge the draft yet remove our 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks from the conversation and focus on the rest?

I really like Grant and Carroo as prospects and if one of them pans out I think 2016 will be one of the best classes we've had in 15+ years.

I think we got exceptional value from Tunsil, Howard and Drake where we took them.

You want to judge the draft yet remove our 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks from the conversation and focus on the rest?

I really like Grant and Carroo as prospects and if one of them pans out I think 2016 will be one of the best classes we've had in 15+ years.

I think we got exceptional value from Tunsil, Howard and Drake where we took them.

My judgment call on that draft excluded Tunsil but did included Drake and Howard which I agreed are talented but were did not play full time due to injury etc. What I was shooting for are opinion and news on the remaining players that contributed nothing.

Just the fact that in 2016 Tunsil and Howard were important parts of the team makes the early returns impressive. With jury still out Drake, Grant and Carroo, draft could end up being very good - i'll bet at least 2 out of those 3 end up as solid contributors (could already make that argument on Drake)

Back
Top Bottom