looks like another rebuilding year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

looks like another rebuilding year

Wrong.

Miami is BELOW middle of the pack. That's called "SUB-mediocre"

When you have 3 losing seasons in a row and stand at 4-6 with a 4th straight "losing" season being inevitable, that's what you are.... sub-mediocre. Below the middle.
I am talking about this season, right now Miami is middle of the pack. Since there are 32 teams, I would say the best 10 or 11 are the top teams. The worst 10 or 11 are the bottom teams and the middle 10 or 11 are the middle of the pack teams. I guess you can make an argument that they are on the cusp record wise of the bottom teams, but right now I would say they are closer to being in the middle of the pack. Anyways, the comment was that the 4-6 Dolphins are the doormat of the NFL. I think the 1-8 Jaguars and Chiefs run away with that title. No question that Miami is not that bad. Not even close, hence why they are closer to the middle then the bottom.

Not too long ago you were someone who said Sparano will be the next Peyton and will take miami to the super bowl. We know you wear rose-colored glasses but you're still overrating this sub mediocre team and it's personnel. come on. May I remind you this is a team who just got manhandled on both sides of the ball by both the crappy Titans and Bills... and got manhandled and throttled in the 2nd half when it counted by the colts. Miami hasn't beaten a team with a good QB since early 2010.. let all that sink in again..

SUB mediocre.
I don't recall ever saying Sparano would be the next Peyton. Sparano is a coach, Peyton is a quarterback.

I am talking about this season, right now Miami is middle of the pack. Since there are 32 teams, I would say the best 10 or 11 are the top teams. The worst 10 or 11 are the bottom teams and the middle 10 or 11 are the middle of the pack teams. I guess you can make an argument that they are on the cusp record wise of the bottom teams, but right now I would say they are closer to being in the middle of the pack. Anyways, the comment was that the 4-6 Dolphins are the doormat of the NFL. I think the 1-8 Jaguars and Chiefs run away with that title. No question that Miami is not that bad. Not even close, hence why they are closer to the middle then the bottom.

I don't recall ever saying Sparano would be the next Peyton. Sparano is a coach, Peyton is a quarterback.
He probably means Sean Payton. You have to admit you are a homer. Not seeing Ireland for what he is is a prime example

You may have a point based on record. But being obliterated at home by a previously 3-6 who received a shellacking the week before and losing 4 days later to another 3-6 team in a quite convincing way not managing crap against one of the worst defenses one can make the argument that we are closer to being a doormat again rather than middle of the pack.

some people hate irleand, some like him. I like him. I was quite pleased with last years draft. the funny thing, you have to be patient. players need developing. you have to trust the staff to bring the players along. I dont think that ireland takes anybody without some consideration for what the coaching staff wants, he has final say over personnel I am sure, but I hardly doubt he takes whoever and shoves them down philbin and companies throat and says here make it work.

the one pick the past few years I still am not overly pleased with is the odrick pick. I wish we had stayed pat instead of trading back, in that one instance. Normally I am all for stockpiling picks, but I thought there were plenty of guys who could have been better dolphins than odrick, although I haven't given up completely on odrick... BUT, you HAVE to hit on your first round picks.

Wrong.

When you have 3 losing seasons in a row and stand at 4-6 with a 4th straight "losing" season being inevitable, that's what you are.... sub-mediocre. Below the middle.

Not too long ago you were someone who said Sparano will be the next Peyton and will take miami to the super bowl. We know you wear rose-colored glasses but you're still overrating this sub mediocre team and it's personnel. come on. May I remind you this is a team who just got manhandled on both sides of the ball by both the crappy Titans and Bills... and got manhandled and throttled in the 2nd half when it counted by the colts. Miami hasn't beaten a team with a good QB since early 2010.. let all that sink in again..

SUB mediocre.

Why on Earth would you get your hackles up over the minutia of how to classify the Dolphins? "Middle of the pack" is a pretty broad term. It definitely isn't cause to say someone's wearing rose-colored glasses and making false statements about the team.

Why on Earth would you get your hackles up over the minutia of how to classify the Dolphins? "Middle of the pack" is a pretty broad term. It definitely isn't cause to say someone's wearing rose-colored glasses and making false statements about the team.

People love arguing semantics. If we finish 7-9 "it's another losing season" and if we finish 8-8 "it's a non-losing season" like there's really any significant difference between the two minus the rhetoric.

some people hate irleand, some like him. I like him. I was quite pleased with last years draft. the funny thing, you have to be patient. players need developing. you have to trust the staff to bring the players along. I dont think that ireland takes anybody without some consideration for what the coaching staff wants, he has final say over personnel I am sure, but I hardly doubt he takes whoever and shoves them down philbin and companies throat and says here make it work.

the one pick the past few years I still am not overly pleased with is the odrick pick. I wish we had stayed pat instead of trading back, in that one instance. Normally I am all for stockpiling picks, but I thought there were plenty of guys who could have been better dolphins than odrick, although I haven't given up completely on odrick... BUT, you HAVE to hit on your first round picks.
i think Ck said it best when he said blaming Parcells for the bad picks and giving Ireland credit for the good ones of the last five years is awfully convenient. The jury is still out on the 2010-2012 draft. Leaving a rookie quarterback in the position he has with no weapons is incompetence. Ireland has been there five years man,how much more time does he need. The team has holes all over.

Wrong.

SUB mediocre.

I am convinced posters like you live to see the Dolphins lose and almost take pleasure in coming here to point out to others how much they suck.

Dolphins "Rebuilding Again" Love the Homers Dude! Are the Colts Rebilding this Year? They had the Worst Record in the League Last Year! We Continue to Suck because we pick the wrong players. I wish we could take off the aqua orange glasses and say taking Jake Long over Matt Ryan set this Franchise back 10 Years. Worst pick Ever especially watching J. Long get Pancaked against the Bills.You can go back before that to not taking Drew Brees. If Tannehill is not the guy? I dont know man? He gets more time. But he sure throws too many Ints. Can't win dude when you throw that crap. If Thill is not the Guy? He will be part of the 18 since Marino who don't cut it man! Brees or Ryan both could have been that Guy! Only thing fo sure this season is another losing one...

Everytime we change coachs and/gm's we're rebuilding. suck it up

Back
Top Bottom