Losman era not off to great start | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Losman era not off to great start

FinfanInBuffalo

Perennial All-Pro
Club Member
Reaction score
Just barely into the 2nd quarter against Indy. Indy opened the game with very few starters on defense. Losman has looked poor so far. 2 out of 7 for 5 yards so far. 1 carry for 6 yards. Losman took a hard shot on his lone run.

Most throws have been off target. He has happy feet in the pocket.

McGahee looked average. 4 carries for 16 yards.

The Bills may play most of their starters on offense in the whole 1st half. It will be interesting to see if Losman can pad his stats against the third string.

3 Drops for 1st downs didnt help.

Our Defense looks amazing though. -9 yards rushing and Made Manning take an early seat because of the Sacks.

Our Special teams picks up from last year with a blocked punt.

Our offense has killed themselves with 10 penalties. Looks like our 1st game.

Wagon Circler said:
Lots of penalties, lots.

Defense has given up -10 yards rushing. RB's have -12. :eek:

Penalties have killed our offense. Not much you can do on 3rd and 20's.

10/17, 85 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT.

Stats aren't amazing, but that's alright. He's a first year starter, he's not supposed to be amazing. If he equals Drew's stats of last year then I'll be happy (minus the sacks).

Finfan... I realize that you don't like Buffalo alot. When I lived in Pittsburgh and heard about the Steelers 24/7 I really started to dislike them too. I'm guessing you're feeling something similar. But don't you think 1 quarter of the first preseason game of the year is a little early to judge an "era?"

I could careless about the Stats. Bills were up 17-3 when he left the field.

Wagon Circler said:
11/19, 88 yards, 1 td.

Doesn't sound bad to me. Looks like all the dolphin fan hexing isn't doing much.

Like I said in the original post, he ran up some numbers on the 4th string (of a bad defense). You mentioned in a post in a different thread that the Miami 1st string defense did well but it was just against the Jags.

Well, Indy isn't exactly a great defense and they started the game missing over half of their first team defense. Late in the 2nd half, the Bill still had Losman, Evans, Campbell, M. Williams, B. Anderson, and Gandy playing. McGahee tweaked his ankle and several of the older veterans were out. Other than that, the Bills were still playing their 1st stingers and Losman still looked average.

BTW, I'm not hoping that Losman does bad, I'm hoping that Losman, McGahee, Parrish, Evans, Moulds, etc, etc, etc go down with season ending injuries.

Vessel17 said:
Stats aren't amazing, but that's alright. He's a first year starter, he's not supposed to be amazing. If he equals Drew's stats of last year then I'll be happy (minus the sacks).

Finfan... I realize that you don't like Buffalo alot. When I lived in Pittsburgh and heard about the Steelers 24/7 I really started to dislike them too. I'm guessing you're feeling something similar. But don't you think 1 quarter of the first preseason game of the year is a little early to judge an "era?"

I wasn't commenting on the whole era, just the start. So, no, looking at the start is not too early to judge the start.

The reports from camp are that Losman look jittery and he is having problems with accuracy. Those concerns were confirmed last night. Am I claiming that he will not improve? No. Just reporting what I saw. Here is a portion of a report from an AP writer that matches my comments (keep in mind, my observations were from the 1st quarter):

Losman, a first-round draft pick in 2004, struggled early in his first NFL start. Receivers bobbled several passes, and there were times, he looked antsy. On one scramble, he was smacked squarely by linebacker Kendyll Pope.

But Losman settled down in the second quarter, guiding the Bills on a 68-yard drive that led to a field goal. He finished 11-of-19 for 88 yards, throwing a 5-yard TD pass to Lee Evans in the final minute of the half to make it 17-3.

Losman's troubles re-emerged in the second half. On the first play, he lost the ball on a scramble and Josh Mallard recovered, putting the Colts at the Buffalo 6.

IMO, even some of the bobbles were a result of inaccurate throws. One of the 'drops' was a 15 - 20 yard pass to Josh Reed. Reed had to drop to the turf to catch a curl pattern even though he was open by 2 yards. He also almost got a receiver killed on a throw (I think it was Campbell).

Not that I am/want to defend JP or the Bills, but I have a serious question............

Why is it when one of our players have suxed, everyone can come to their senses(mostly everyone) and agree that it was just a preseason game and the player has to adjust...but since JP didn't do all that great, some are quick to say he suxs and he is a bust, yada yada and so on?

Back
Top Bottom