Losman era not off to great start | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Losman era not off to great start

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I wasn't commenting on the whole era, just the start. So, no, looking at the start is not too early to judge the start.

The reports from camp are that Losman look jittery and he is having problems with accuracy. Those concerns were confirmed last night. Am I claiming that he will not improve? No. Just reporting what I saw. Here is a portion of a report from an AP writer that matches my comments (keep in mind, my observations were from the 1st quarter):

IMO, even some of the bobbles were a result of inaccurate throws. One of the 'drops' was a 15 - 20 yard pass to Josh Reed. Reed had to drop to the turf to catch a curl pattern even though he was open by 2 yards. He also almost got a receiver killed on a throw (I think it was Campbell).

The start wasnt bad. The Pass you talk about was low, but It was still very catchable. Not every throw a QB makes is in the #'s.

The very 1st play, he threw a beautiful pass to Evans, which was dropped. About 15 or so yards.

Then, He threw a great touch pass to Evans, who was tripped up. Would have been for 20+ yards.

He made mostly all the right reads, and I expect that his SECOND start in the NFL, his WR's wont drop those passes or get tripped up.

Also, 4th string? It was still the 2nd quarter of the Colts 2nd preseason game.

Im sure he was a little shaky and nervous making his 1st start, but his 1st pass didnt show that.

He did say he was a little off though.

Phinz1972 said:
Not that I am/want to defend JP or the Bills, but I have a serious question............

Why is it when one of our players have suxed, everyone can come to their senses(mostly everyone) and agree that it was just a preseason game and the player has to adjust...but since JP didn't do all that great, some are quick to say he suxs and he is a bust, yada yada and so on?

The Thing is, JP didnt do BAD. He started 2/8, But Like I said, 2 Drops and one play where Evans got his feet tripped up. The pass to the tE, which was dropped also, but he did hang out his TE on that play, so I wont count that as a drop.

The guy came back in the 2nd and went 9 for 11 and a TD. Ran for 17 yards. Not that bad. Lets not forget the 11 1st half penalties didnt help him.

Phinz1972 said:
Not that I am/want to defend JP or the Bills, but I have a serious question............

Why is it when one of our players have suxed, everyone can come to their senses(mostly everyone) and agree that it was just a preseason game and the player has to adjust...but since JP didn't do all that great, some are quick to say he suxs and he is a bust, yada yada and so on?
Because the majority of you are homers and want to bash him just because he is on the Bills

KGUNBILLS said:
Because the majority of you are homers and want to bash him just because he is on the Bills

Some of those that tend to bash him quickly are the ones that were pulling for us to get him, but now feel the need to bash him out of anger and frustation that we didn't get him. Bills or not, I see him developing into something great and I wish him the best of luck(as I do for the rest of the young talent in the NFL)

Say what you want, but the Kid has a GUN and one of the quickest releases Ive seen. Anyone who studied Marino, might be impressed by his release. If only he had Marino's head for the game. WHo knows, he might.

Phinz1972 said:
but since JP didn't do all that great, some are quick to say he suxs and he is a bust, yada yada and so on?

You must have posted this in the wrong thread. There are no JP sux comments in this thread.

It's pre-season for the Bills as well. It's way too early to say who is going to be good or bad during the reg-season.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
You must have posted this in the wrong thread. There are no JP sux comments in this thread.

Nope, posted it in the right thread. I posted it here because everyone seems to be civilized and understanding of the game and the development of it's players, so I just wanted a real answer instead of "Because the bills suck haha"

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Just barely into the 2nd quarter against Indy. Indy opened the game with very few starters on defense. Losman has looked poor so far. 2 out of 7 for 5 yards so far. 1 carry for 6 yards. Losman took a hard shot on his lone run.

Most throws have been off target. He has happy feet in the pocket.

McGahee looked average. 4 carries for 16 yards.

The Bills may play most of their starters on offense in the whole 1st half. It will be interesting to see if Losman can pad his stats against the third string.
Do you have a point are you just reporting what you saw?

4 ypc is a good ave. that means 1st down. :rolleyes:

Justasportsfan said:
Do you have a point are you just reporting what you saw?

4 ypc is a good ave. that means 1st down. :rolleyes:

Just reporting what I saw. McGahee looked average. Still doesn't look fast.

J.P. had a slow start. He was better in the 2nd quarter though. Did anyone here his comments after the game?

"We started off a little slow; the ball was coming out funny," said Losman, who finished 11 of 18 for 88 yards. "I wasn't having a good night throwing it. But it was good to see us stick it in there to end the first half and have a couple good drives."

He blamed the slow start on himself. He didn't try to place blame on the team. Plus..a few of those incomplete passes were dropped balls.. the recievers shoulda caught them... IMO J.P. did ok. It's just preseason tho.

Anway..JP did better than Bledslow did in his first game with the cowboys..anyone see that?? haha.

Bills4Life said:
Then, He threw a great touch pass to Evans, who was tripped up. Would have been for 20+ yards.

Spoken like a true homer. Assume a great through was made on a pass that was no where near completed because the reciever got tripped up 10 yards away from where the pass landed.

Bills4Life said:
He made mostly all the right reads, and I expect that his SECOND start in the NFL, his WR's wont drop those passes or get tripped up.

Also, 4th string? It was still the 2nd quarter of the Colts 2nd preseason game.

The Colts STARTED the game with 1 starter on the Dline and 1 starter in the secondary. By the 2nd quarter they were way done the roster. The Colts were a very good team last year. They are looking to evaluate who will make the roster. The Bills (and the Dolphins) are doing a fair amount of evaluation of starters.

Bills4Life said:
Im sure he was a little shaky and nervous making his 1st start, but his 1st pass didnt show that.

He did say he was a little off though.

that is all I was saying. thank you.

My Problem with this whole thread is that its to bash Losman, who didnt even play bad. It doesnt matter who was in the game. Holcomb lit up the Steelers in a playoff game, but did not do to well late last night.

You go out and do your job. Make your reads, make your throws, and run the offense. Losman did that.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Just reporting what I saw. McGahee looked average. Still doesn't look fast.
oh, okay. I saw something different at camp and the greenbay scrimmage. I'm all for not pounding him in preseason. As a matter of fact I only want him to play 1 series and let our back ups take the rest of the snaps who happen to look great. :D Henry won't be missed.

Bills4Life said:
My Problem with this whole thread is that its to bash Losman, who didnt even play bad. It doesnt matter who was in the game. Holcomb lit up the Steelers in a playoff game, but did not do to well late last night.

You go out and do your job. Make your reads, make your throws, and run the offense. Losman did that.
na, he was just reporting what he saw. Maybe there's a hidden agenda to try and make Losman look bad but no matter what is said, JP isn't expected t look great. He's a rookie unlike some vets of some other teams that look worse than JP.

Back
Top Bottom