Losman's Debut.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Losman's Debut....

Losman7 said:
Reply, donn't, whatever....

Whats your excuse for being wrong?

Being wrong that preseason performance is not indicative of regular season success?

That was my point (even if you proved incapable of understanding it).

And it is correct.

zachseau13 said:
Being wrong that preseason performance is not indicative of regular season success?

And it is correct.

I really dont agree. If your starters look like crap, I dont think you will do to well when the season rolls around.

You dont have to win the game, but you want your #1's to look decent.

I know "Short Bus" Gus and AJ hasnt looked great, so I geuss that statement you made makes you feel better.

Bills4Life said:
I really dont agree. If your starters look like crap, I dont think you will do to well when the season rolls around.

You dont have to win the game, but you want your #1's to look decent.

I know "Short Bus" Gus and AJ hasnt looked great, so I geuss that statement you made makes you feel better.

You don't have to agree. It is not a matter of opinion.

Preseason performance is not a good indicator of regular season success.

That is a simple statement of fact.

I gave you the example of Ryan Leaf.

I could also, for example, go back to the Marv Levy days when the Bills would look like crap in the preseason (even the starters) and then go on to the Super Bowl.

There are many others

zachseau13 said:

And it is correct.

That was never my point however... I'm stating that these preseason games are important for Losman to get aquainted with NFL play... I never said his performance was indicative of future sucess, I just stated that he didn't look glaringly bad.

I think you finfans are taking the "preseason means nothing" rationale for some poor play a little far.... if it means nothing why do they play? I bet it means something to the guys who've won and lost jobs based on preseason...

And the Ryan Leaf comparison means what....?....nothing. They aren't the same.

zachseau13 said:
You don't have to agree. It is not a matter of opinion.

Preseason performance is not a good indicator of regular season success.

That is a simple statement of fact.

I gave you the example of Ryan Leaf.

I could also, for example, go back to the Marv Levy days when the Bills would look like crap in the preseason (even the starters) and then go on to the Super Bowl.

There are many others

The Bills didnt win many preseason games back then, but the starters didnt look like crap.

The Bills played Kelly and the boys for like a series and pulled them.

When You have #1's out there for a half or close to it, you would like to get some points and look decent.

Preseason doesnt give you the full look at a team, but you can get an idea.

I don't understand why talking about the AFC East on the "AFC East" part of a message board makes you a troll. Phin fans go on the "range" all the time. No one cares, unless they are morons (like when they stuff about Hunter Kelly). Talking with people who disagree with you only makes you more informed.

BTW: While the preseason really doesn't matter right now it's all we got, so that's why people talk about it. If Losman would have played like Drew I'm sure many would have posted saying that this was the beginning of the end for Buffalo.

Losman played well in his first preseason game. Besides its preseason who cares ? ... Most teams run a vanilla offense during those games.

Vessel17 said:
I don't understand why talking about the AFC East on the "AFC East" part of a message board makes you a troll. Phin fans go on the "range" all the time. No one cares, unless they are morons (like when they stuff about Hunter Kelly). Talking with people who disagree with you only makes you more informed.

I hate to ask this because I don't think I am going to like the answer but were there Dolphin fans over there saying evil stuff about the Kelley loss?

cnc66 said:
I hate to ask this because I don't think I am going to like the answer but were there Dolphin fans over there saying evil stuff about the Kelley loss?

Hey man I'm a mod over at the range and no one ever said anything bad about Hunter's death. In fact we had some pretty classy posts by people from this place.

The ones that made the remarks about Hunter came about 2 or 3 weeks before his passing. Same guy kept signing on with differente names 'til we got him banned. Pretty bad stuff, its ok the be hated rivals but to mess with a sick kid was plain wrong.

Victor7 said:
no one ever said anything bad about Hunter's death.

The ones that made the remarks about Hunter came about 2 or 3 weeks before his passing.
That's what I was talking about.

Vessel17 said:
I don't understand why talking about the AFC East on the "AFC East" part of a message board makes you a troll..

The behavior that you describe would certainly not make you a troll.

However, the poster in question, spends much of his time on the main board posting such things as "the Dolphins offense will never sniff the end zone" when they play the Bills or "guaranteeing a shutout".

This type of opinionated baiting, on the main board, is the definition of trolldom.

And, I am not the only poster here that has called him on it.

On the subject of Jim Kelly, anyone that would say anything about any kid is complete and utter scum. Further, many of us long time Miamians remained fans of Kelly due to his hailing from UM.

zachseau13 said:
The behavior that you describe would certainly not make you a troll.

However, the poster in question, spends much of his time on the main board posting such things as "the Dolphins offense will never sniff the end zone" when they play the Bills or "guaranteeing a shutout".

This type of opinionated baiting, on the main board, is the definition of trolldom.

And, I am not the only poster here that has called him on it.

On the subject of Jim Kelly, anyone that would say anything about any kid is complete and utter scum. Further, many of us long time Miamians remained fans of Kelly due to his hailing from UM.

Hey, Zach Seau.... put me on ignore... you're not allowed to read my posts anymore, got it?

If all you're gonna do is ***** and moan when there is some friendly banter between rivals, why get yourself upset.... you're getting up there in years, we wouldn't want you to have a thrombo.

Losman7 said:
Hey, Zach Seau.... put me on ignore... you're not allowed to read my posts anymore, got it?

If all you're gonna do is ***** and moan when there is some friendly banter between rivals, why get yourself upset.... you're getting up there in years, we wouldn't want you to have a thrombo.

Here he is again, trying to tell me what to do on a Fins message board.

BTW, exactly what is a thrombo?

zachseau13 said:
Here he is again, trying to tell me what to do on a Fins message board.

BTW, exactly what is a thrombo?

Something old folks get? Its from some movie... my point is, why let what i say bother you... why do you care, if you disagree fine, but don't expect me to sit and read posts bashing the Bills and not respond...

contrary to your opinion, any fan of any team can post here... in fact, I'm considering joing the VIP section... I don't like secrets.

Losman7 said:
Something old folks get? Its from some movie... my point is, why let what i say bother you... why do you care, if you disagree fine, but don't expect me to sit and read posts bashing the Bills and not respond...

Show me the post where I bashed the Bills in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom